Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why isnt guiding light fixed?

sLashx189

still one shoting while channeling, newer player will immediately be uninterested when they witness this against them, veterans caant stand this cause they r racking up kills with no skill whatsoever, please dont say it requires timing, it really doesnt, just aim at general direction and let it rip, AT LEAST REMOVE THE 5X DMG MULTIPLIER AND THE REPEATED ATTACKS, its all the nikanas are used for, mindless spamming, i thought the nikana was used by the skilled tenno? huh, funny how that works, lol

When theres no responses its usually because you hit it right on the head. Theres people that i talk to that spam the guiding light combo and when i call them out on it its the same excuse.." oh no bro its timing and skill..." psshhh...Listen all it takes is like 5 mi uetes of practicing when to hit the b button after the pause and then point in the direction of where an enemy is and then the melee autolock feature kicks in and bam insta kill while chanelling! If it truly where skill then using the dragon nikana with the other stances...they have pause combos as well. Why is it everyone using ONLY BLIND justice and only spam guiding light..because its a cheap glitch that 1 shots you and doesnt require and skill. Sniper rifles and bows require skill thats why most ppl dont use them..

The reason why it's not fixed is because no one here has bought all of DE's shares from that Chinese company, and then given DE even more money to specifically hire more PvP developers,  a PvP community rep, PvP servers, clan PvP servers, and any further equipment necessary to make PvP a complete part of the Warframe experience.

This would include any fully functional paintball or airsoft variants of Warframe weapons.

Edited by -cS-Nighttide77

This is more like a child throwing tantrum instead of feedback & this is pvp feedback...you know the definition of feedback right? i see no suggestion (that remove 5x multipliers is no suggestion, cos theres only 2x dmg multipliers for pause combos) , no details on what should the rework would be, no comparison with other weapons, just rant & bossy acting...its broken! fix this! Fix that! Nerf this! Nerf that! And DE was like..."dude, chill...take a deep breath, now try to speak english...what was youre trying to say?"

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

4 hours ago, (XB1)LastxMOHICANx said:

When theres no responses its usually because you hit it right on the head. Theres people that i talk to that spam the guiding light combo and when i call them out on it its the same excuse.." oh no bro its timing and skill..." psshhh...Listen all it takes is like 5 mi uetes of practicing when to hit the b button after the pause and then point in the direction of where an enemy is and then the melee autolock feature kicks in and bam insta kill while chanelling! If it truly where skill then using the dragon nikana with the other stances...they have pause combos as well. Why is it everyone using ONLY BLIND justice and only spam guiding light..because its a cheap glitch that 1 shots you and doesnt require and skill. Sniper rifles and bows require skill thats why most ppl dont use them..

Learning to do the combo is the easy part. Knowing WHEN and WHO to aim and not get killed by a shotgun blast on the face, an airglide-abuser with Soma/Gorgon/Opticor/Non-overpowered gun is another thing. You can learn how to shoot a gun in 5s, just point&click, there are other small things that make skill.

On 28/2/2016 at 10:03 PM, lashakanisgod said:

still one shoting while channeling, newer player will immediately be uninterested when they witness this against them, veterans caant stand this cause they r racking up kills with no skill whatsoever, please dont say it requires timing, it really doesnt, just aim at general direction and let it rip, AT LEAST REMOVE THE 5X DMG MULTIPLIER AND THE REPEATED ATTACKS, its all the nikanas are used for, mindless spamming, i thought the nikana was used by the skilled tenno? huh, funny how that works, lol

Newered players lose interest if none gives a sh*T about them. I successfully motivated new players by taking a few minutes of not killing anything just to give them advice.

The reason the other stances aren't so popular isn't the damage, both stances can kill, but Blind Justice has what pretty much every single melee stance should:

-A gap closer

-Comfortable combos (not a single stupid backward/forward, ridiculously long combo or near impossible to pull combo due to crappy animation to get sh*t done)

Now to the other stances:

Tranquil Cleave: has some kind of gap closing mechanic, but it only propels you if you are standing still.

Decisive Judgment: the hitbox on the combos is VERY thin. It's like swinging a bullet rather than a sword, otherwise is a viable and fun stance to use.

Now to clear how Guiding Light works:

E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>pause>E(dash. 5hit. 2xdmg)>E(2hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)

The Dash animation looks like the frame is holding the blade still, but the dash is actually 5 hits in quick succession and since it's a 'hit after apause' it gets a 2x damage multiplier. So the dash is like getting 10 hits with a Nikana. It used to be just a 5xhit with no multiplier but DE decided to drop PvE multipliers on all stances and give 'pause' (and onle 'pause') combos a 2x multiplier on the hit following a pause. Stances that don't have 'pause' or relied on 'hold' or 'rmb' to do the job be damned.

Edited by Nazrethim

Just now, Lordricker said:

So why does the dash have 5 hits in it, isnt that the easiest thing to hit with, wouldnt it make more sense for the last hit in the combo to deal 5 hits

It's supposed to be 5 hits along the dash, but the way the game engine handles it makes it deal the 5 in a fraction of a second on contact. You can see it by going to simulacrum and unleashing Guiding Light on lvl100 Bombards. As soon as you make contact 5 hit sparks come out.

And as I mentioned repeatedly the problem isn't the guiding light itself, but the 2x multiplier on 'pause' combos that DE implemented with no regard to the outcome in an attempt to balance all melee stances on a single swipe.

Edited by Nazrethim

Well either one really, if its 5 hits with 2x dmg its the same as 2 hits with 5x dmg since they all happen on contact. so either less hits or no multiplier could help the problem. no multiplier would obviously be easier to implement

Edited by Lordricker

1 hour ago, Lordricker said:

Well either one really, if its 5 hits with 2x dmg its the same as 2 hits with 5x dmg since they all happen on contact. so either less hits or no multiplier could help the problem. no multiplier would obviously be easier to implement

It's really DE's fault here. Compare Guiding Light's PvE Multipliers vs Conclave:

PvE= E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>pause>E(dash. 5hit. 1xdmg)>E(2hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit.1,3xdmg)>E(1hit. 2xdmg)

Conclave= E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>pause>E(dash. 5hit. 2xdmg)>E(2hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)

27 minutes ago, -cS-Nighttide77 said:

Hey....I always thought there were only 3 ticks of damage in that slide...learn something every day...

Another tip for GL: GL works on momentum, the dash has 12m range, but if you start the combo while you are sprinting and you press slide as the dash is starting (it's a fraction of a second though) you can get 15m range instead.

Edited by Nazrethim

On 2/29/2016 at 7:02 AM, Nazrethim said:

It's really DE's fault here. Compare Guiding Light's PvE Multipliers vs Conclave:

PvE= E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>pause>E(dash. 5hit. 1xdmg)>E(2hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit.1,3xdmg)>E(1hit. 2xdmg)

Conclave= E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>pause>E(dash. 5hit. 2xdmg)>E(2hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)>E(1hit. 1xdmg)

Nope. Its 5 hits 2x dmg

Refer to my post here:

On 2/29/2016 at 2:35 AM, -cS-Nighttide77 said:

The reason why it's not fixed is because no one here has bought all of DE's shares from that Chinese company, and then given DE even more money to specifically hire more PvP developers,  a PvP community rep, PvP servers, clan PvP servers, and any further equipment necessary to make PvP a complete part of the Warframe experience.

This would include any fully functional paintball or airsoft variants of Warframe weapons.

Do want.

1 hour ago, -cS-igo95862-ICE- said:

Nope. Its 5 hits 2x dmg

Refer to my post here:

What's Warframe armor and health resistance to Slash? Did you have the puncture conversion mod? I'm just curious cause those can make difference, acording to patch notes the multiplier on 'pause' combos is 2x.

Edited by Nazrethim