The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Insulation Mod Is A Joke.

Aspari

Its stats aren't worth a darn thing. The Ice debuff cuts shield capacity and shield regen too, so I'd be more inclined to take up Fast Deflection, Redirection, Steel Fiber, and/or Vitality. Why would I ever take this mod? It's 4 units which can be better spent on something that's actually going to help you. 

It's also kind of insulting that Insulation isn't a default stat on Frost.

Yeah, a lot of the new resistance mods are garbage, especially Insulation.

I mean, it have to max rank at 90% before I'd use any of the resistance mods, but even then Insulation would still be useless.

Basically 100 - (Percent chance of ice hazard mission) = how much of the time the mod is completely useless.

I'd honestly support a petition to get rid of insulation from drops, fuse it with the general ice resistance mod, or give it some useful properties.

Let's not forget it keeps you snuggly warm, guys. Rhino has a little sweater, and he has to wear it because his mother told him too.

Geeze, why do you guys all want to remove his little sweater?! Do you want him to have mommy issues?

Frost is affected by ice hazard. Ember is affected to fire hazard, although in the descriptions it says "immune to fire". Basically any fire damage including the grineer's flamethrower shouldn't do any damage to her. It is like if Poseidon would drawn in the water.

Why is frost effected by ice status in a level is beyond me.

As you apparently haven't read a hundred topics about it yet, just because Frost's Abilities are related to 'ice' and 'cold', it would not make him inherently immune to anything generically similar. The same applies to any other frame. It's like saying a dude with a flamethrower is immune to fire.

As you apparently haven't read a hundred topics about it yet, just because Frost's Abilities are related to 'ice' and 'cold', it would not make him inherently immune to anything generically similar. The same applies to any other frame. It's like saying a dude with a flamethrower is immune to fire.

In the video game world he usually is.

I figured the Resistance Mods would have use as they expand the game. Some enemies may do heighted type-damage so it would encourage thier use before you go to certain missions. They give more opportunity for enemy types.

*oh hey ya I'm spending something like 9 mod capacity to get back 30 of my shield capacity on uncommon ice levels*

literally 2 extra Redirection ranks will outweigh this mod completely. (or 1 for those frames with a base of 150)

Warframes should have meaningful resistances according to their strengths as well as weaknesses. Frost taking more damage from fire etc.

Frost has frost resistance, ember = fire, volt = shock, Rhino should have more stagger/knock down resistance...

Frost has frost resistance, ember = fire, volt = shock, Rhino should have more stagger/knock down resistance...

Is there even a non-boss enemy in the game that uses frost damage? I think the Corpus Prod is the only non-boss enemy with electric damage, and there are plenty of enemies with fire damage, so this would be an overall buff to Ember, a buff she doesn't really need.

I could understand this mod if it was 100% negation of the environmental effect, since it is pretty annoying, and some people may want to avoid that. Purely situational mods could have their place. But for the pittance that it does give, you'd have to loco equip it.

They could be for pvp or future content release. It doesn't hurt to keep them in your inventory. Judging them garbage and whatnot sounds pretty shallow opinion on a game that still has more to come.

As much as I'd like to agree that DE has plans for future content including these mods, 9 mod points for a 12% reduced damage to a certain, specific element is never going to be useful, because all that means is that you have 1.136 times as much health/shield. Personally, I keep my health and shield at +200%, which is 500 hp/shield on most suits. So, given a mission where all my damage intake is fire, as an example, I'd have an equivelant of 568 hp/shield.

Maybe if I used my Rhino with his 750 shield I'd get 852 shield and 568 hp.

Perhaps I have too many mod to spend and have +440% shields/hp (that's 26 mod points) and I have a Rhino, so then I have 1110 shields and 740 hp, then with resistance, assuming all the damage in the entire level was fire I'd have 1261 shields (151 extra) and 840.6 hp (100.6 extra).

Read that again, best case scenario for these mods, assuming everything and it's dog is made of fire and brimstone you'd get 250 extra health/shield combined. There is no circumstance in the entire world where this mod is worth the points spent on it, these values are truly absurd and need to be reevaluated rather than defended because they might, some day provide a counter to something.

Situational mods are all good and well, but they need to be good, really good, better than equivelant mods by a wide margin to provide any benefit. Right now, these mods provide limited benefit even in optimal circumstances and more that 90% of the time provide literally no benefit for 9 mod points and the slot they were put in. Perhaps if they were 5 times as good (60% reduction for most things, 90% for toxic) they'd be good enough, but right now, they're a waste of time, effort and drop chance.

Yeah I get the definite feeling these mods are placeholders - if I recall devs have spoken about the possibility of dual function mods in the future, which is where the resistance mods might shine. On their own though, absolutely need a big buff.

Also, a lot of people seem to be confusing Warm Coat and Insulation? (Granted, they should be the same mod really.)

Is there even a non-boss enemy in the game that uses frost damage? I think the Corpus Prod is the only non-boss enemy with electric damage, and there are plenty of enemies with fire damage, so this would be an overall buff to Ember, a buff she doesn't really need.

i think lt. kril has a hammer that uses ice wave.