Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Crashes to black screen, forced to shutdown

royberger

My Warframe is having some serious problems that make it unplayable at this point. Whenever I open my Warframe and load in my ship or I get into a mission withing 5 min or less it will crash. My screen turns black, followed by the windows error sound. My monitor displays the no signal message, I am not able to do anything but force shutdown PC by pressing the power button. This happens every time I launch the game. I've tried disabling DirectX 10 and 11, I've also tried running windowed mode and many more things. still no fix.

If anyone knows anything about this it would be helpful.

3 minutes ago, Rydian said:

This is a general computer problem.

What version of Windows?
What video card?
What driver version?

If it's a general computer problem, why did it just crop up from nowhere?

Windows 7 64 bit

GeForce GTX 550 Ti

10 minutes ago, 666zarike said:

Something changed and either something is failing or a bug is being hit that wasn't before.

10 minutes ago, 666zarike said:

Windows 7 64 bit
GeForce GTX 550 Ti

The driver version should be something like 362.00, that said you can try installing the latest one from here and restarting.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx#axzz41kWLcPwh

2 hours ago, Rydian said:

This is a general computer problem.

What version of Windows?
What video card?
What driver version?

Windows 7 64 bit

GeForce GTX 550 Ti

1 hour ago, Rydian said:

Something changed and either something is failing or a bug is being hit that wasn't before.

The driver version should be something like 362.00, that said you can try installing the latest one from here and restarting.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx#axzz41kWLcPwh

Nope, that did not work, took it longer to crash, but still a crash after about 15 minutes 

36 minutes ago, Rydian said:

What settings have you tried checking and unchecking in the launcher?
Does windowed mode act differently?
What do you have to do, exactly (please be detailed) to restart the computer?

I unchecked all but the download options

Windowed mode still crashes it

I have to hold down the start button until my computer turns of and then boot it up again

My screen loses connection when the game crashes, so it crashes my computer as well, not just the game 

16 minutes ago, 666zarike said:

I unchecked all but the download options

Windowed mode still crashes it

I have to hold down the start button until my computer turns of and then boot it up again

My screen loses connection when the game crashes, so it crashes my computer as well, not just the game 

Try playing music from another program, does the music continue when the screen gets no signal?

52 minutes ago, Rydian said:

Try playing music from another program, does the music continue when the screen gets no signal?

I can hear the music from Spotify even change track with my keyboard, but my screen is all black, not connection it says

2 hours ago, 666zarike said:

I can hear the music from Spotify even change track with my keyboard, but my screen is all black, not connection it says

Alright so it's just your display driver or video card crashing then.
You'd probably want to use the event viewer to check out what's up.
(But diagnosing that is probably a bit beyond the scope of these forums.)

5 minutes ago, Rydian said:

Alright so it's just your display driver or video card crashing then.
You'd probably want to use the event viewer to check out what's up.
(But diagnosing that is probably a bit beyond the scope of these forums.)

Oh, yeah

Can't seem to find any information about it, I can see that my client crashed once, but I'm aware of that

But I can't find any info about my drivers

• 3 weeks later...

So i recently got back into Warframe and haven't played since the summer. I'm at college an i'm playing on a Lenovo Y410P Laptop with the following specs

GPU: GeForce GT 750M

CPU: Intel(R) CORE(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.4 GHz

Memory: 8.00GB RAM

So when playing warframe the video would freeze while audio and gameplay were still playing and i am forced to close Warframe and restart the game. Before updating my drivers to 362.00 ( i was recommend by my friend to use these drivers)  i would be notified that a driver has stopped responding and has recovered or something to that effect. But now i get no such message. This is really frustrating because Warframe is the only game i play where this happens.

any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Zalvion

Hi man, I have the exact same problem as you where the video freezes and you can hear the game running in the background and the only solution is the ALT+F4 :L
I reported this issue on the 8th of March and haven't had a response yet....

yeah man it sucks i lowered all the graphics settings, use a cooling pad tried messing with v sync and it still happens just lost 40 waves worth of tower 3 defense rewards because i crashed on wave 40.

I tried playing on my desktop over spring break and i had the same issue but less frequent with a gtx 660 ti idk what is going on i just want a fix.

5 hours ago, DEMTU said:

That driver isn't compatible with Windows 10 so it won't let me install it :L

Nevermind i found a version of 359.06 that works with Win10

I was about to say... In case someone really can't find 359.06 for themselves they can try 359.04

@666zarike

The sound in the background, i guess, is the notification that your videocarddriver has crashed. Having a 660 TI videocard myself and always having this problem after updating videocard drivers i am currently running driver version 340.52 whql. For me ,after testing a lot of different newer drivers, is the only version not giving any issues.

Whenever nvidia releases a new driver version i am always trying it out to be dissapointed and having the videocarddrivers crashing again. I always end up rolling back to 340.52

For the players using older NVIDIA cards I suggest you to download version 340.52 an try installing it the normal way and see of this fixes your problem.

I stumbled upon this fix after a lot of research and the solution for me was to uninstall through device manager. After this the pc will detect new hardware and will install a driver. In my case its version 340.52. Why its this version i cant tell you but the crashing problems got fixed.

Uninstalling through device manager at your own risk 

Only problem remaining after starting or shutdown warframe is the monitor sometimes not giving any picture. Shutting monitor off and on will do the trick. (Can also be not driver related)

It worked for me so maybe it can work for you as well

Off topic...Running a q9550 i set physx configuration to gpu instead of auto selection under 3d setting in nvidia configuration screen.

Edited by Bonteaomd
First post needed it
  • Like 1

@Bonteaomd glad you managed to find drivers that work :) Kinda weird that you needed to go with 340 series. You should write about it to nVidia.

People are reporting in reddit and in nVidia forums about some issues (fps drops, black screen, color issues, installation issues etc.) with the latest nVidia Geforce 364.xx series.

Here is an article where the most important player reports are gathered together:
http://wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/

P.S. Best way to perform a clean driver installation would be using DDU from Guru3D. It's favored specially with nVidia users regarding nVidia forums.