Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #70!

[DE]Rebecca

QlVRhZ6.jpg

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, March 4th for Devstream #70!

Who: The usual crew is back on the couch!

What: With 18.5: Sands of Inaros coming out on PC soon, we want to dedicate a Devstream to live Q&A and a tour of the Update. There are huge changes, content, and more in Sands of Inaros, and during our Devstream hour on March 4th we will be your tour guides! Use this Devstream time to get your questions and feedback in while we're live! We'll try and keep the stream Spoiler Free, but Tenno should know there is some significant Lore in the 18.5 Quest that keen Tenno may ask about in chat!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, March 4th at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 4th

In order of importance:

Loot-providing “meta” skills, such as Desecrate and Pilfering Swarm, have been known to compel toxic behaviors, and encourage players to cheese missions with these frames for rewards (loot caving, 4 Ivaras pickpocketing Misery, etc) rather than play dynamically. While they are not "required", their benefit is compounded by the less than 1% drop chances on rare items making them the most effective strategy of loot advancement, as well as overshadowing other builds for the frames that have them. Why continue to make more of these skills, instead of positively adjusting base loot tables relative to mods and resources, and giving more room to customize frames like Nekros and Hydroid?

Presently all melee weapons share the same base stats in newer systems - Channeling, Comboing and Charging - and hidden stats relative to Stealth and Blocking. Have you considered altering these base stats for some weapon types, to enhance build variety and increase the value of weaker or "middle of the pack" weapons, such as Scythes?

The revamp to Focus presently encourages players to ignore distressed allies in favor of being "hallway heroes" during Convergence, while the random drop locations on Convergence often call for players to travel great distances away from party members. What is the next step, in dealing with this anti-teamplay?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items, to prevent the need to overwrite the tints on re-PBR'd frames like Loki Prime... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Edited by Archwizard
I guess the color is an issue?

Thanks Rebs!

Any plans to implement side objectives (contingencies) that occur mid-mission?

We have the main objective changing in some missions, where the Lotus tells us to eliminate all remaining threats. We have mini-bosses and death squads popping in for a surprise visit once in a while.

But, having emergency situations happening during the routine 40 minutes/waves Survival or Defense might help spice up the gameplay a tad. For example, a chance to delay enemy reinforcements, helping trapped civilians needing evac, cryopod malfunctioned and the operative must be defended until next round, etc.

Edited by PsiWarp

4 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

QlVRhZ6.jpg

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, March 4th for Devstream #70!

Who: The usual crew is back on the couch!

What: With 18.5: Sands of Inaros coming out on PC soon, we want to dedicate a Devstream to live Q&A and a tour of the Update. There are huge changes, content, and more in Sands of Inaros, and during our Devstream hour on March 4th we will be your tour guides! Use this Devstream time to get your questions and feedback in while we're live! We'll try and keep the stream Spoiler Free, but Tenno should know there is some significant Lore in the 18.5 Quest that keen Tenno may ask about in chat!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, March 4th at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 4th

Does this mean that 18.5 is before or after the devstream?

The spoiler free parts makes me think after, but why would there be spoilers about the quest in chat if it hasn't released yet...

curious...

-Any plans for dojo "styles", themed after various syndicates/factions? I'm still really missing that Orokin tileset that the old dojos used, and would love to see it back.

-When might we get another SMG? Grakata is currently the closest we have to one, and is the only one of its kind.

-When might we see a balance pass on clantech weapons as a whole? Many older ones simply cannot keep up with newer additions, due in part to power creep.

Do you guys have any plans to give meaning to each planet "description" with the new starchat, like Mercury saying "the last orokin towers are hidden here" or something like that, and the famous Solar Rail from Terminus on Mercury, to Outer Terminus on Pluto? When you pay attention to some little information, you can see this Solar Rail on quite some quotes in the game.

Again the same question like forever: Dual weapon customization, when? I really would love to use my Akmagnus with one skin/color scheme on the left hand and a different skin/color scheme on the right hand. We really need this.

Any chance of being able to color wraith and vandal weapons in the future? Also, most factions in Warframe seem to have an upgraded (wraith, prime, vandal) version of their weapons. Will this ever happen to the Infested? I've always wanted an upgraded Phage since it was the first weapon I ever invested or infested a catalyst and forma into. I would also say for the Sentient but since their only weapons are War and Broken-War that's a long way off.

Q1(Geoff): A long time ago in Devstream 19 you presented agile and noble stances for melee weapons, but these never got implemented. Are weapon grip based noble and agile idle stances off the table? 1, 2

Q2(Scott): Are popularity statistics affecting which frames and weapons you focus on when it comes to rebalancing? Can severely underplayed gear *cough*Banshee/Zephyr*cough* "cut in line" in your personal queue?

Q3(Steve): Have you settled on a way to allow players access to the Void after the main rift has been destroyed by the Sentients? Will every location get a void portal tile that can be activated by us via keys or otherwise?

Q4(General): Can you share anything on what's planned for a unique Sedna tileset? Since Warframe takes at least a millennium from now can we assume Sedna's position in the outer reaches of the solar system to determine what the location and it's themed enemies(Nightwatch?) will look like?

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Question #1

Would DE consider adding transmogrification too Warframe?

Spoiler

The ability to swap the appearance of a weapon with other weapons and skins in the same category / sub category

(a rapid fire hit-scan gun in the primary slot could only have transmog access to other rapid fire hit-scan primaries and their skins.)

E.G have an item in the market that I can buy with plat that would allow me to change the appearance of my rakta cernos to the abra paris skin OR to swap the look of my acrid with my bolto.

Question #2

Can DE list the damage multipliers and status effects of all combos in the melee stance UI?

Spoiler

Using the wiki isn't reliable, and it would help greatly for those of us wanting to maximize our Melee builds.
hovering over the button will bring down a table that shows damage multipliers and other effects of that attack.

Examples:

Crimson dervish

Spoiler

2Zk7hwP.jpg
6paKrEe.jpg
OpAY6j7.jpg

Vulpine Mask

Spoiler

GR6hgv0.jpg

can you also add a block statistic

Edited by RIOT

Are there any planned tweaks to mapgen, as in to introduce more logical placement of the tiles?

i.e. a corpus ship tileset level being shaped like a fragment of an actual corpus ship - so that you primarily navigate it back to front. Multiple connection points for the rooms, too?

Edited by vitmerc

I have some. In Devstream #53, someone mentions the Burston getting a redesign. A concept is shown in the Devstream. I was wondering what happened to this?

Taken from AM Bunny's Devstream overview:

0jih1cc.png

I was wondering if the Braton is ever going to get a more Tenno looking counterpart? Perhaps a direct upgrade to the standard model that looks and feels closer to our Orokin counterpart?

Also, is the Latron getting some love soon? The base one I mean. Beyond PBR, the model and texture "distribution" looks old, and I was wondering if it's getting the Boar treatment, which was cool. (and some buffs to it and/or its Prime if possible, because, well, why not).

Warframes wise:

-Since Mag and Volt are getting reowrked I know this is going to take quite a while, but is there any advancement on Ash's Bladestorm and Oberon's tuning? (maybe we ended up getting the last one, but I'm not 100% sure).

Edited by NightmareT12

Would you consider adding some sort of parkour mechanics to archwings to let us move around better and possibly bounce back when we hit a wall instead of just being dazed ?

Would you consider letting us use our Operator in the near future when we travel to relays or around our ship?

Are there any plans on expanding the PvP team? One of the issues right now is that it is so small that changes are almost never get properly play tested before implemented. One of the ideas is to have a small group of top PvP players playing with developers to give feedback on changes before they are implemented. (somewhat like Icefrog has a group of player testers)

Excavation for Archwing? Specifically Grineer tilesets with all the giant meteors floating around with the construction on them.

Similar to Archwing Interception but with the giant pods/drills digging into the (construction?) sites instead of a floating data tower thing in interception.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow