Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #70!

[DE]Rebecca

Question:

Will we be able to rush Kubrow maturity? If not then can we at least get prices that make sense for the current rushing? It's 15p to rush an egg and 10p to rush each imprint. An egg takes 24/48 hours and prints take ~2 hours. Make rushing prints take 50k credits or very low amount of plat.

And please let us rush maturity Q^Q I have 9 backlogged... I'd be willing to pay to rush maturity. I mean, Corpus and Orokin tech is pretty awesome. Perhaps the Orokin found a [long lost way] to rush maturity due to high demand of Kubrow companions for combat?

Is there any chance we can get a "sharelobby" mechanic which prevents leechers?

With this I mean the popular method of 4 people from recruiting all using a (void) key in a row, effectively quadrupling their missions. Ever since the assassin beacons were added I haven't been able to find a lobby without at least 1 person leaving when it's their turn to use a key/beacon. People can't be trusted easily anymore and we need some kind of "commit-to-4-runs" mechanic upon accepting an invite. (obviously this would be an alternate invite mechanic, standalone from the normal one)

Also... Any progress on the Zephyr deluxe skin? I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Oh and can we get a separate sensitivity slider for when we're zoomed in?

I play with a controller and in most cases my sniper scope can't keep up with enemies walking/running by. It makes it really annoying to use sniper rifles due to the lower speed on higher magnifications. Changing sensitivity isn't an option because it would mess up my normal aim completely (especially since it's already on quite a high setting).

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

With ever expanding tenno Arsenal its may become hard to find sertant weapon, will there ever be option to sort weapons by category(shotguns, bows etc.)?

Right now melee weapons have access to channeling and charge attacks but both of them exactly the same for all weapons, will melee weapons get different stats for them, for example so Ether Sword have more channeling damage but lower charge damage and Jat Kittag having much bigger charge damage and much lower channeling damage? Also is there going to be mods for charge attacks?

Will infestation at some point take over the lockers so infested locker will try to eat not cautious tenno that wanted to open them?

2 Really easy ones here.

1: Will Chroma EVER get a 4th config slot to colour, so far his 4 elemental passives is SEVERELY hampered by the 3 configs on him. 

2: Will we ever see Prime dual pistols, like Akvasto Prime? I don;t think there have been any prime weapons released outside of a Prime Access since I started way back in U13.11?

Hi yes I have a question about the state of a several existing melee stances in the game. A stunning amount of stances (both pole arm stances, and obth sparing stances for example) only have 1 combo besides their base set of attacks and have been like this since launch, when if ever are you going to flesh out these stances to have more animations and combos like other stances, also when are you going to make/release stances for weapon types that have only 1 stance (machetes, tonfas, and gunblades to name a few)

1. Will there be any additional content added to Relays to reduce them from being mere Syndicate Hub (Trading Medallions), Semaris/Clem Mission or Mastery Test/Weapon/Ability Practice? So far, people only go to the relay for those purpose and leave once they're done? Will you be able to add something that would liven up the relays per say interactive random NPCs (perhaps voiced by some DE) and/or mini-games where people would actually be motivated to stay.
  2.  It looks like you guys are focused on expanding the Orokin Moon - in that note, will there be any expansion or exploration to Orokin Derelict? Be it a Mission or Lore or something.
  3. You guys talked about the Twin Kweens (Queens) of Grineer, but will there be any details on what or who is the Neural Sentry that holds Orokin Towers? While we're talking about those in power. While we're talking about those in power, whose in definite head for Corpus since most of Corpus's poster boy (Alad V) is now sided with the Infested. Or is there somewhat a Council that builds Corpus.
  4. Any thoughts on Oberon's status? He seems to be outdone by most Warframe and people tend to ignore Oberon due to his abilities can be done far much better by other Warframes. What's special about Oberon though is his ability sets revolve more on Radiation, but that's pretty much it. It doesn't deliver a Paladin-theme to me.
Spoiler

5. During the Second Dream, Alad V and Lotus had a temporary alliance. Will we be seeing more alliance in the future? Akin to Invasions where you help the Infested invade a Grineer / Corpus Outpost (I don't know why, but hey it could happen).

Edited by Harowing

Hi i got several simple questions:

-Will Pistol Amp aura be back?

-Will we get a dedicated place for Gold Fusion Core farming?

-Will Machete, Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal be back through sortie?

-Will Sheev parts be tradable?

-Will Gram and Plasma sword be buffed?

-Will Syndicates get melee weapons and more weapon aug mods?

-Will there be AkVasto prime and AkLex prime?

-Will Scythes get a buff or a new stance soon?

THANK YOU if you answer any of these questions <3 LOVE YOU GUYS

Edited by OnyX1705

4 minutes ago, oceano4 said:

2 Really easy ones here.

1: Will Chroma EVER get a 4th config slot to colour, so far his 4 elemental passives is SEVERELY hampered by the 3 configs on him. 

2: Will we ever see Prime dual pistols, like Akvasto Prime? I don;t think there have been any prime weapons released outside of a Prime Access since I started way back in U13.11?

On your second question, do you mean like Akbronco Prime/Burston Prime, which were added later? It would be good to see some extra love, increasing the choice of Prime weapons to equip.

Q1: Have you given any thought to the idea of having tutorials for each Warframe? What I mean is after you build a Warframe, you are given the option to play a Tutorial of their abilities to get an understanding of them that are then given some kind of Lore addition. Valkyr busting out of an operating room from Alad V's experiments similar to the "Captured by Zanuka" mission, or even like the current tutorial for starting the game. A very short cutscene with transmissions from Lotus regarding their abilities. I think giving each Warframe its own little spotlight in the game would help flesh things out a bit more and help users get antiquated with them. Given that most are connected to a boss, they could be involved as well, through transmissions. I could imagine Nyx in a cryopod that's being triggered by the spread of the infestation by Phorid and having to escape while it encroaches on her mind.

Q2: Are there any plans to look at how Syndicates function in game that you can share? Things like Quests, more interactions with them and perhaps in their accessibility in comparison to Focus schools? Currently every school can be leveled but certain Syndicates can be locked out for players because of alliances with other Syndicates. I'd like to see these sort of alliances be fleshed out to better signify their place as a gameplay mechanic, or allow Syndicates to be more flexible in who you may side with to better fit the players focus.

Q3: Would it be possible to see any work in progress looks at the new star chart and any new information on how it will function?

Q4: How is "Undercover boss" going? I've been hooked on the idea since it was first talked about and really enjoy hearing how Scotts new player experience is helping improve Warframe.

Q5: Now that things like Raids and Sorties have provided a view on consistent high level content for players, how are they influencing development on Warframe as a whole? Is the over all difficulty being reworked as the new star chart is being developed? Will we see nightmare mode tweaked and expanded on, or will we continue see these types of missions (Nightmare, Sortie etc) as little steps in providing difficulty to players of varying level?

1. Oberon is a pretty hot topic right now along with Limbo but mostly Oberon. With the upcoming deluxe skin for him, are there any plans of rework or any changes to his skill set? I know that a few people may argue that he is fine as it is but the majority find him lacking with some skills that are somewhat impractical namely hallowed ground.

2. Focus System just came a little bit more than 3 months ago. What are your thoughts about it? From what I can see, almost everyone just put points on the "Passive" branches leaving the "Active" ones alone. I'm sure that wasn't the intention of this system so I would like hear your input on it.

Edited by Oranji

Do you have any plans for addressing the current 'crit meta' where weapons that can be built for crit vastly out-perform base damage or status weapons as part of Damage 3.0?

With the advent of Blood Rush and Body Count, melee combat is finally arguably relevant next to the comparative safety and DPS of firearms. Unfortunately, this still affects a relatively narrow range of weapons that have enough base damage, critical chance, and critical damage to scale reasonably. Older weapons like the Pangolin Sword, Heat Sword, Machete, etc. have very little viability even at later stages of the standard star chart. While the BR+BC mod combo makes the combo-counter more engaging, Warframe has yet again turned toward RNG as a defining gameplay feature.

Mastery Rank prerequisites seem like the are supposed to indicate the relative power level of weapons, and a while ago Scott mentioned that he needed to go through and adjust stats and prerequisites across all weapons to better match their power. Is this planned for after Damage 3.0, in conjunction with it, or has it simply fallen by the wayside?

Gear-progression (e.g. MK-1 Braton > Braton > ___ > ____ > Braton Prime) would be nice to have, especially if it can fill out the 0-30 MR progression well. If you do this, please consider allowing players to upgrade a weapon's tier instead of dropping it for the next version. This should be more expensive and time-consuming than simply taking the next step up, but it would confer a wonderful degree of player freedom in gear selection and help preserve the diversity of Warframe's art resources at the end-game level.

Long ago, you rebalanced the game so that Level 40 was the old Level 100. Now we're back to fighting Level 100 enemies as part of standard, non-endless content.

Do you have plans for addressing this power-creep, and perhaps tweaking the way weapons and damage scale? It would help the balancing effort a great deal if you were to set a definitive "maximum level" for balanced content and adjust our characters and gear so that when fully-upgraded they start to struggle near the "level cap." Speaking of which...

Have you considered preventing CC abilities from scaling infinitely instead of trying to make damage abilities scale as well as CC?

You guys have said before that players are not supposed to stay in endless missions forever, yet almost every buff to abilities that you've handed out have all been focused on allowing them to scale into high-level content. Your efforts have actively enabled endless-marathons to continue unchecked, which has in turn helped facilitate power-farming, which has in turn led to poorly-considered reactionary changes to gameplay in an effort to curb the behavior. 

Lastly, because I'm excited about your upcoming improvements to Dark Sectors but I know that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment... how closely would you say your plans are related to any of the ideas in this thread?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

PS: Can we please have some sort of bullet particle effect for the Kohm back, even if it can't be a non-hitscan weapon? Invisible hitscan bullets are just so boring.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus
Forgot something.

Question for Geoff:
Is there the possibility of a more robust form of animation blending in the works, in addition to better IK for things like leg joints on kurbs/stairs?

Question for Steve (Mynki?):
PBR updates for all frames, is there a timeframe for getting these implemented? 

EDIT:
I want to clarify the usage of "robust". Time and time again, geoff has stated that animation is very time consuming (even if he didn't say it out loud, we can see it on his face - soz Geoff :p). If an animator only needs to create a core 'set' (i guess) of animations for different positions that can be blended together on the fly, with the hand done ones, would that not solve the issue of having to redo every frame every time you wanted to tweak animations. Since IK could adapt the rigging (for example) to a slightly taller frame running through the earth tileset.

Edited by MillbrookWest
addendum

1) While we're getting Sabotage 2.0, do you have any plans for Deception 2.0? This gamemode is currently the most outdated...

2) Why can't we give our companions (kubrow,kavats) simple orders to follow? Their AI can be as good as you can, it'd be even better to create a bond like trainers have in real life.

3) When will quests be replayable?

4)When are you going to expand the wildlife? Apart from the incoming feral kubrows, the wild types of enemies we meet is very limited & it doesn't make the environment feel very alive....

5) When will syndicate leaders do their own transmissions for syndicate missions? When will they receive their own troops as death squads?

6) Covert Lethality doesn't work with dual daggers. Why?

7) Mr Steve has been working on a new lighting system for 18.5. Can it have an impact on gameplay, in other words, can it be used for Stealth? (Making you less noticeable if you hide in darker areas?

8) As the enemy level goes up, they relatively stay the same but more bullet-spongey (a lvl 1 Grineer lancer behaves EXACTLY the same as a lvl 50 one)... Why can't they "learn" new moves & tactic as they become higher & higher levelled?

9) Where is Gore 2.0? Some enemies still can't be dismembered (moa, nullifiers,...) , we see blood spread on walls but not on our warframes, stealth kills do not trigger gore,etc...

10) Why are Moa still not stealth killable? What are your plans to make Stealth even better?

11) When is NPC 2.0 coming? We don't have enough social interactions with them and it is hard to really feel immersion because of this. (syndicate leaders, normal people, the hostages we rescue... How's their life in this universe?)

Why aren't enemies doing their occupations when unalerted?(corpus tech actually fixing things, grineer using their elevators, infested "eating"... )

Edited by unknow99

• Thoughts on Blessing (over 100x DR), Prism (no LoS, complete CC, stealth multiplier, no STR requirement) and Molecular prime(insane range without range requirement, insane debuff duration, insane slow for ONLY +45%STR (8/10 TF or intensify+power drift), double damage) ?
  • Dual swords are the most represented melee weapon type and only have 2 stances. Are you considering making a 3rd one ?
  • Is the convergence really nessessary ? It doesn't prevent players from exploiting draco (small map) but rather removes most focus gain from other missions. Mostly because its broken spawning and too high difference between w/ and w/o convergence gain.
  • did you consider adding a consumable that costs focus, such as a 1 mission buff ? It would keep focus gain relevant after maxing the trees.
  • did you plan on polishing banshee's skills ? #1 #2 and #3 are perfect imo but #4 is a "don't touch it" button for me, because of the lack of synergy with the hit-and-run strategies that makes the best use out of #1 and #3 and the fact that you can't do anything while channeling it (you can die tho). Maybe just having a "device summon" that has the sound quake effect or something.
  • banshee deluxe skin, if not released by the time of the devStream, when ? #MyPlatAreReady -NSFW nazo no kanojo X drool gif-
  • how high are mag's and volt's reworks in the priority list ?

It would be very nice if you can show us something regarding starchart 3.0, to be more specific, how would it work and how will it make more sense to new players, and damage 3.0 too as well, is there anything you guys can show us or a progress brief report? Thank you for all of your efforts, DE.