Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Importance of Crowd Control.

Revel72

When damage becomes unable to be executed and you are in need of stalling the enemies with something. Crowd Control has always your back in everything as long as you know when to use it.

Why Crowd Control is so common? There are and there will always be times when you just need to be able to stop the clock of the enemy aggression. Ally downed? Ally needing you to buy some time for this to turn off the alarms to shut down enemy flooding to your position?

Why stalling the game some times is the best option instead of big damage output? For a while I have seen Warframe (what comes in sorties) that enemies needs to be killed in certain tempo what either slows down as the missions goes and accelerates. It is constantly changing thing in the mission. As long as your team has good tempo in mission. They might not even need the crowd control but what about if your tempo suddenly suffers from downed ally? Crowd Control is the tool to stall the enemies and stop the clock for your team to get your ally up and restore the enemy death tempo. This is extremely important specially in sortie missions.

Mirage Prism, Atlas Petrify, Tectonics and Rumblers, Nyx chaos and absorb, Equinox Rest and Maim Nekros Terrify and Shadows of Dead, Loki Radial Disarm and Decoy, Ivara Sleep arrow, Excalibur Radial Blind, Banshee Silence, Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, Frost Snow Globe, Freeze bolt, Avalanche and Ice Wave, Rhino Rhino Stomp, Saryn Shed, Chroma Effigy, Ember with all her abilities, Limbo Banish and Cataclysm, Nova Worm Hole and Molecular Prime, Nezha Divine Spears and Firewalker, Mesa Shooting Gallery, Mag Pull, Hydroid Undertow, Tidal Surge and Tentacle Swarm, Crush and bullet Attractor, Vauban with all his abilities, Valkyr Paralysis, Zephyr Tornado and Volt with Shock Electric shield and Overload. All these in hands of master can buy more time than you can imagine.

Some of them denies enemy movement: Nezha's Divine Spears and Firewalker, Nova's Worm Hole, Banshee's Sound Quake, Silence and Sonic Boom Atlas Tectonics and Ember's Fire Blast.

And some of the abilities locks down enemies or make them useless for a while.

Lastly but not least: Some just distracts the enemies until they it is too late to them to interrupt you.

What is required from a good Crowd Control build? Weaponry as always should be at the top of the ladder content or something that interrupts or even dislodges enemies from their positions or cause even more havoc with Radiation, Stall them a bit with Blast status change, Shocked and burn. What is required from your warframe then? Of course modding that allows you to execute your crowd control consistently and from some of the frames. Is required that you become with the very warframe a living shield. Durability and resistance are tools what must be considered when making a crowd control build. In overall the more sticky you are in battlefield until you start to get hit more than you can handle. The better for your allies.

Remember already your very presence in battlefield can catch attention and distract enemies more than you can imagine.

What kind of School you should consider? Definitely Unairu what comes on being the sticky in the frontlines. Believe me. Surviving a Ballista level 80 + damage buff from Regulator as Frost Prime with more than 1200 Shields, 740 health and one rank to go maxed Steel Fibre mod. Will definitely make big time tide turns in the battlefield. Already with that 5% damage received reduction. You are one really sticky opponent as long as you know what to do. When that happened to me I just said "I just survived that? Holy shoot. This build is just crazy" that also gave me a message that. I really will be putting more focus on damage resistance. Because holy shoot if I am able to tank that kind of hits and stay alive. This build definitely is near impossible get downed in right hands.

Anyway. I hope little speech helps you in something and gives you better understanding why people use the crowd control more commonly and I will probably see you in the battlefield.