Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5's Biggest Mistake

Cradicias

Copying this over from a post I made: My one negative critique would be that the Key for the new quest is... well, not super difficult to get, but much harder than previous keys. Previous keys required at most 2 argon crystals, some small amount of rare resources, and 10k credits. This one? Costs 50k credits just to buy it, plus the exorbitant price of 200 ducats (or 20 of the least rare prime parts you can farm up) then to actually BUILD it, it requires 1 of the rarest materials, nitain extract, which only comes around every so often and can not be farmed for like Argon Crystals. In my opinion,  this is the only (and HUGE) mistake that I've seen in this update.

Oh, yeah, and the key is bought from Baro (who's currently on Kronia relay, but again, is limited time only).

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

1 Nitain? I mean, sure, nitain sucks and all but 1 nitain? That really is no deal... Only thing i could imagine being bad is if you miss out on this weekend and can't get the quest from baro till next 2 weeks.

It's still harder than previous keys.

Just now, Cradicias said:

It's still harder than previous keys.

It is supposed to be harder because it's the latest quest. Isn't it after second dream after all? So you will probably have to have done all the other quests before and thus should be prepared for that new quest.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

It is supposed to be harder because it's the latest quest. Isn't it after second dream after all? So you will probably have to have done all the other quests before and thus should be prepared for that new quest.

The previous keys had those requirements at launch, so, they were easier at their release times than this one is now.

2 minutes ago, Uzpian said:

Ok, I guess I wanna clarify things for a bit.

Does this new quest works like Chroma/Limbo/Mirage etc.? or it's like Mesa/Hydroid?

If it's the latter, then... screw it I guess.

Don't know yet, I'm waiting to do the quest on my lunch break from work.

Just now, Megakruemel said:

It is quite obvious actually. They want people to spend plat so they get more sweet monzzz.

Well yeah but to lock a quest behind a 6 hour wait wall (assuming you have the stuff required for the key, which I'm pretty sure I do...at work), just proves the direction they are taking certain aspects of this game in is questionable at best. Slimy at worst.