Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5's Biggest Mistake

Cradicias

According to DE, quests like this and high grind gear is supposed to be worked towards slowly, so they introduce all these walls and checkpoints for the newer players. What they don't seem to get is that veterans or completionists don't have anything to do prior to content updates like this, so when we are faced with a timewall/grindwall after waiting for weeks or months for new and improved content, it leaves me feeling a tad bit pissed off.

10 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Well yeah but to lock a quest behind a 6 hour wait wall (assuming you have the stuff required for the key, which I'm pretty sure I do...at work), just proves the direction they are taking certain aspects of this game in is questionable at best. Slimy at worst.

6 hour build times for quest have already been a thing though. Be glad it isn't 12-24 hours.

13 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Well yeah but to lock a quest behind a 6 hour wait wall (assuming you have the stuff required for the key, which I'm pretty sure I do...at work), just proves the direction they are taking certain aspects of this game in is questionable at best. Slimy at worst.

thats like... nearly every quest before

you do realize that this stuff is not making itself? developing this kind of content is costly and takes a long time to complete

its supposed to slow you down so you dont play the entire quest in 2 hours

either be patient or support DE by speeding it up

1 minute ago, apcie said:

if u play the game those resources are nothing ! nothing! so stop complaining about that just play more

Again, not complaining, just stating it's a mistake. I myself already have the resources and built the key. I still feel it's a poor choice on their part.

12 minutes ago, BattleBrows said:

According to DE, quests like this and high grind gear is supposed to be worked towards slowly, so they introduce all these walls and checkpoints for the newer players. What they don't seem to get is that veterans or completionists don't have anything to do prior to content updates like this, so when we are faced with a timewall/grindwall after waiting for weeks or months for new and improved content, it leaves me feeling a tad bit pissed off.

Yep.  I've said this a million times but I have never enjoyed myself obtaining a Warframe. There's always a gimmick or a catch be it RNG, grindwall, timewall or all of the above.

Just now, Cradicias said:

...And what? That's the mistake this update made, making the quest harder to start.

Mistake is pretty subjective in this context. To DE it makes perfect sense and is not a mistake. To me, it makes perfect sense and is not a mistake.

His key is harder to make due to the fact that he is the newest, shiniest toy. Same reason Saryn Prime required Nitain Extract to craft when no previous Prime has ever required it. DE always makes the newest stuff difficult to attain and usually employs newer, harder to obtain resources in crafting the components for it. This is nothing new and will not go away.

The reason this approach is taken is pretty simple. If the new frame, weapon, or item isn't hard to get, it doesn't provide much incentive for players who are a) impatient, b) on a limited playing schedule, or c) financially secure and generous to pay for it with plat. It also makes the new frame feel kinda cool when you're one of the only people who has it for a period of time, which for a lot of players can be very gratifying and provides heavier motivation to farm it, craft it, and potentially spend plat rushing it.

It's not a mistake, it's a marketing strategy to produce revenue. It's tried and true.

What realy grates me is that after the first week it will be a Bi-weekly Baro item that is tradeable. This means some greedy *#$#*$@& are gonan rip new players off of their plat for a sh*tty quest key. Is this REALY what DE want to encourage? Who even thought of making a quest key a Baro item.

1 minute ago, undernown said:

What realy grates me is that after the first week it will be a Bi-weekly Baro item that is tradeable. This means some greedy *#$#*$@& are gonan rip new players off of their plat for a sh*tty quest key. Is this REALY what DE want to encourage? Who even thought of making a quest key a Baro item.

Another good point.

For me this update is a failure. New frame and weapons and all the prettiness they fluffed around won't compensate this wild :corpus: BS along with putting a time limit between kills on exterminate missions. So my break from warframe begins now. I wonder if they'll ruin something else on U19.

4 minutes ago, Necrius said:

For me this update is a failure. New frame and weapons and all the prettiness they fluffed around won't compensate this wild :corpus: BS along with putting a time limit between kills on exterminate missions. So my break from warframe begins now. I wonder if they'll ruin something else on U19.

K bai!

C u l8r!

Just now, marshmellory said:

you guys just HAD  to find some arbitrary thing to complain about didn't you.

There's that word "complain" again. Negative connotation I don't appreciate. This is valid feedback. Keep it polite and bear in mind other people aren't the same as you. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean its "arbitrary."

Just now, Cradicias said:

There's that word "complain" again. Negative connotation I don't appreciate. This is valid feedback. Keep it polite and bear in mind other people aren't the same as you. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean its "arbitrary."

you can get 50k credits in one run. i'm sure you have enough useless primes to make a paltry 200 ducats. as much as i dislike it, you can get 4 nitain a day, and if you've been doing the alerts you should have a ton extra.