Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5's Biggest Mistake

Cradicias

On 3/5/2016 at 3:41 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't see how this key is a big deal at all... imo it sounds like whining just to whine. 

Lots of warframes recently have been way, way, way more grindy to get than this one. 

Nezha, only from sorties, Ivara, tons of spy mission rng, Wukong and ages of nitain just to research, Chroma and his crazy build requirements, Equinox requiring eight parts and an absurd build time. 

We finally get another frame where we can buy and craft a key, do the quest and get ALL The pieces with no rng gating, and you guys want to complain? Are you bloody serious right now? 

And the nitain complaints can stop now and forever. They can be farmed anytime in sabotage caches so complaining about nitain is completely invalid now. 

How was this key an issue? An entire six hour build time... the horror /sarcasm. And two whole nitain? Oh noes... Seriously guys, find something actually worthwhile to complain about. 

We have been given one of the easiest frames to acquire in recent WF history... we should be encouraging them to continue going in this direction. Are people so spoiled that in a Free to play game, they are unhappy that without spending plat they have to wait six whole hours to let them start a quest, that gives something non f2p players are paying actual money for to support the game? 

Not comparing the key to Nezha, only to other similarly acquired frames such as Mirage, Limbo, etc. In those cases, the keys were easier to obtain than this one. It's not whining for the sake of whining, it's noting an increase of difficulty and citing it as a poor choice in the long haul. Please keep that in mind and don't make the typical comments of "stop whining" when this is valid feedback.

If we're just comparing keys, this key is IMO still easier than Mirage. If we're comparing quest frames as a whole, it's also easier than Atlas, and faster than Chroma. All in all they're all about the same difficulty -- for people who have played for a while and engaged with all content (so called "veterans"), fast and easy. If you have to just now start farming for all required materials from zero, good luck and have fun. But I don't think this is necessarily bad. Gives you something to look forward to/work towards, right.

6 hours ago, Belgard said:

If we're just comparing keys, this key is IMO still easier than Mirage. If we're comparing quest frames as a whole, it's also easier than Atlas, and faster than Chroma. All in all they're all about the same difficulty -- for people who have played for a while and engaged with all content (so called "veterans"), fast and easy. If you have to just now start farming for all required materials from zero, good luck and have fun. But I don't think this is necessarily bad. Gives you something to look forward to/work towards, right.

The facts are that the Mirage key takes less resources and credits than Inaros' key. Therefore, Mirage's key IS easier to acquire, regardless of opinion.

4 hours ago, felixsylvaris said:

Meh. I dont think acquring new quest is all that hard. I dont mind build time, or credits. The whole quest is rather enjoyable.

Minor complain: Ducats. To get ducats i need to run void. I am fed up with void. Game is too voidcentric.

It's not a matter of if it's too hard, just that it's harder than previous keys. It's a matter of consistency in acquiring these quests. If the Warframe is so strong, make the quest more difficult not the acquiring of the quest.

1 hour ago, Cradicias said:

The facts are that the Mirage key takes less resources and credits than Inaros' key. Therefore, Mirage's key IS easier to acquire, regardless of opinion.

It's not a matter of opinion really, but if it were, yours is wrong, and here is why! Mirage key requires 5 Orokin Ciphers, exclusively found in Orokin Derelict vaults, which means Mirage key requires at the very least 5 Derelict keys as sub-components (bringing the total price of the Mirage key to 41.500 credits - and a build time of 6 hours, same as the Inaros key), and a full group of people. Should you wish to run solo, either the key or time investment will go up as you discover incompatible vaults and/or repeatedly cancel the mission.

sure i already had access to everything i need to build the key, but do people no longer believe in having a goal in game? Everyone has to start somewhere. The quest key can largely be acquired by just playing the game normally. the ENTIRE quest is like that, it was great! first quest i have enjoyed in a long time.

I started not so long ago and still have in memory Limbo farm. 3 Excavetions each with 9 rounds since RNGesus hates us all. I recently farmed Trinity, 12 runs before systems finally drop. Still looking forward to farm Equinox.

In comparison to that Sand of Inaros is all pleasure.

This quest was fine.

The resources for the key are fine. 200 ducats? A walk in the park. Considering the number of people that threw ducats at the beacons for the g3 etc.

50k credits? A few missions at most and the nitain is nothing. 

Compare this to the mutalist keys.... this is a cake walk

7 hours ago, Belgard said:

It's not a matter of opinion really, but if it were, yours is wrong, and here is why! Mirage key requires 5 Orokin Ciphers, exclusively found in Orokin Derelict vaults, which means Mirage key requires at the very least 5 Derelict keys as sub-components (bringing the total price of the Mirage key to 41.500 credits - and a build time of 6 hours, same as the Inaros key), and a full group of people. Should you wish to run solo, either the key or time investment will go up as you discover incompatible vaults and/or repeatedly cancel the mission.

Mirage key: Available at all times for 1,500 credits
Inaros key: Available on a bi-weekly basis for 50k credits and 200 ducats

The math says otherwise. Mirage key is easier to acquire.

7 hours ago, Skaleek said:

This is the least RNG dependant/grindy warframe acquisition we've had in a LONG time. Stop complaining! This was a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I would agree that the actual EARNING of Inaros is very straightforward (minus the fact you have to look up what enemy your jar asks for, cause, good lord are those images hard to figure out at times), but, again, the key needs work. should be available on a permanent basis and have its cost brought in line with previous keys. 50k credits and a max of 20 void runs to get a key is ridiculous. Also, please, people. Feedback =/= complaining. If you feel you have something valid to add to the discussion, do so. Don't start throwing around words like "whining" or "complaining" as, if I was doing that, I'd have simply said "This sucks! NEEDS NERF!"

Edited by Cradicias
fixing some numbers

1 hour ago, felixsylvaris said:

I started not so long ago and still have in memory Limbo farm. 3 Excavetions each with 9 rounds since RNGesus hates us all. I recently farmed Trinity, 12 runs before systems finally drop. Still looking forward to farm Equinox.

In comparison to that Sand of Inaros is all pleasure.

Again, not saying anything about the actual quest cause I found that pretty easy. Just the acquiring of they key. Keep discussion on point.

While the 6 hour building time is a bit pain in the arse (better than 24 hours though), I found the building requirements easy to obtain. There are 4 nitain alerts/day, so 1 isn't a big deal. Baro is on Kronika Relay now, which already means that players under MR5 cannot access the quest, which is okay, because they have more important things to do and the enemies in that quest is a bit hard to kill.

4 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Mirage key: Available at all times for 1,500 credits
Inaros key: Available on a bi-weekly basis for 50k credits and 200 ducats

But those are not the keys, merely the blueprints. You could be making a point about those, but I re-read your previous post and the OP both, and since you talk about the costs of obtaining the keys, quoting crafting materials such as argon, nitain extract, and credits, that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps you should reword the OP if what bothers you is actually the difficulty of obtaining the blueprint, but a point could be made that it's balanced by the more lax crafting requirements, and also that not all quests should be equally easy, to do or indeed undertake. You say this is feedback but it just seems like lack of understanding, to me.