Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu and soaring strike

sLashx189

I'm pretty sure most Daikyu players don't even use that mod since it reset your charge when you touch the ground and the only way to make it work is to air-glide which reduce your mobility too much.

Edited by simpleID

14 minutes ago, --I--tarGet said:

I'm pretty sure most Daikyu players don't even use that mod since it reset your charge when you touch the ground and the only way to make it work is to air-glide which reduce your mobility too much.

Naw, it was always used since vets never stay on the ground, like, never....

1 hour ago, --I--tarGet said:

I use the mod cause I rarely stand on the ground to aim. 99% of my shots are air shots. Air-glide is not necessary since you can charge up from 0-100 in air and still have time to aim and shoot. Charging takes about 2/3 of the total time of a bullet jump+double jump. The biggest problem of removing soaring strike for daikyu is that you need to run away if you miss a shot. Otherwise you are very likely to get taken down by the automatic weapons during the charge time. In the past I would take a second shot or even a third if I missed my first shot. Now it's just better to play hit-and-run and keep distance even though your oros might get stolen easier. 

2 hours ago, --I--tarGet said:

yup I tried but this mod was a pain in the a** while playing vs ppl that can hit you midair

yea the majority of people i know didnt use it on daikyu. Finding the right opportunity to shoot is the best way to hit people and this mod reduces those opportunities to one or two seconds in the air, and no vets are not in the air ALL the time just the times that matter.

2 hours ago, Dobermann92 said:

Gorgon got nerfed too... I'm sad now....

Damage reduction to gorgon family is a joke. About 0,4 - 1 (correct me if wrong) damage points less than before. Spray and pray keeps ruling the conclave, and feels even harder than before thanks to the, imo unjustified EHP nerf to mobile builds (and buff to tanky ones, which still less viable because of reasons) while on the other hand daikyu keeps being undirectly nerfed with changes like "reduced flight speed bonus on lucky shot from 60% to 40%" or something like that, killing bows but not even affecting hitscan and barely touching spray and pray wonders.

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Damage reduction to gorgon family is a joke. About 0,4 - 1 (correct me if wrong) damage points less than before. Spray and pray keeps ruling the conclave, and feels even harder than before thanks to the, imo unjustified EHP nerf to mobile builds (and buff to tanky ones, which still less viable because of reasons) while on the other hand daikyu keeps being undirectly nerfed with changes like "reduced flight speed bonus on lucky shot from 60% to 40%" or something like that, killing bows but not even affecting hitscan and barely touching spray and pray wonders.

This. Everything said here, is just perfect. You go :p.

Daikyu didn't need Another nerf. The problem with this community, is that it pines to the majority. The problem with this, is that the majority are inexperienced whiners, who complain about weapons that take skill to use, but are rewarding as a result. The Daikyu, being the showcase of this statement. As mentioned in the above quote, spray and pray rules conclave. Skill weapons are fast leaving conclave as a result. Why use a bow that can one shot someone with the right amount of practice, aiming, timing, and skill; When you can use a weapon like Gorgon, (Even with its "Nerf") and kill them in half a second through the spray and pray method. Another grave injury to skilled players in conclave is the removal of the "Stagger" effect on melee weapons. But Still, overpowered slam spam weapons remained un-nerfed. The reason for all of this? The majority of people in conclave are unskilled nincompoops, who complain about being beaten by a select few who use weapons that require actual skill. 

Ok, I'm done ranting, say what you will. But know this, if conclave continues to move down its current path.........It'll go back to what it was at the start of this game.

P.S. For all you new kids out there, "Back to what it was at the start of this game" means non-existent. 

Sincerely,

A Concerned Operator

Edited by -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf
Grammar and things :p

55 minutes ago, -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf said:

Another grave injury to skilled players in conclave is the removal of the "Stagger" effect on melee weapons.

I'll agree with everything you said except this. Melee staggers were the opposite o skill; they took away complete control from one person and all the other person had to do was mash e in their general direction. There's no skill in that.

Just now, Phasedragon said:

I'll agree with everything you said except this. Melee staggers were the opposite o skill; they took away complete control from one person and all the other person had to do was mash e in their general direction. There's no skill in that.

That only applied to a few select weapons, like the Destreza. For most other melee weapons, there were only one, maybe two hits that could stagger if you were lucky. It didn't require the removal of stagger entirely, only the nerfing of certain weapons. 

4 hours ago, -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf said:

Good joke..... u think daikyu is weak ? 

Which weapons are weak for u? Noone of the top players of my clan and other clans using gorgon for example..... its a beginner weapon. Its easy to use but the actual potential in skilled combat is weak. What are the loadouts of for example decado and fullmetall? Can any of u say u can defeat them ? 

No matter what beginners do. U have to look at those invincible players to truely understand whats rly good

Edited by Lord_Noctus

15 minutes ago, Lord_Noctus said:

Which weapons are weak for u? Noone of the top players of my clan and other clans using gorgon for example..... its a beginner weapon. Its easy to use but the actual potential in skilled combat is weak. What are the loadouts of for example decado and fullmetall? Can any of u say u can defeat them ? 

No matter what beginners do. U have to look at those invincible players to truely understand whats rly good

^ dont take this guy as a joke, when i was qualifying for his lovely clan, he showed me what true power meant, and it came as snipertron bullets to the torso and face

Edited by lashakanisgod

4 hours ago, Lord_Noctus said:

If you could read, you'd be able to see that no where in my post did I say that the daikyu was weak. I myself, am a devout daikyu user. Daikyu, is strong. But re-read what I said and work on your comprehension skills. My point was that if things continue on this path, then the daikyu, will become weak,  as a result of constant nerfs, from noobs complaining too much. Once again, re-read before you go and quote without understanding what you're quoting. 

Take care now, bye bye then.

2 hours ago, -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf said:

If you could read, you'd be able to see that no where in my post did I say that the daikyu was weak

10 hours ago, -FV-HoloTheWiseWolf said:

Why use a bow that can one shot someone with the right amount of practice, aiming, timing, and skill; When you can use a weapon like Gorgon,

The only problem i have with daikyu right now is its accuracy, so many shots that should hit, are not. I mean its supposed to be comparable to opticor right? and opticor is hitscan, perfectly accurate and staggers....actually i think im going to try using that now.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Yeah daikyu keeps getting nerfed to the ground real quick, and since the opticor is almost a direct upgrade besides not being able to hold charges (but even then daikyu is the only bow that can't infinitely hold its charge), I feel its in need of a buff. I think spring loaded broadhead's distance should be brought down to say 10 instead of 15. Also please let it hold its charge like other bows This would be enough in my opinion. 

for god's sake. making it 10m will just make it worst. People will just "shotgun with daikyu" and more newbs will complain about it resulting in more nerfs.

What we need is an increase in damage further away from 15m to reward longer / guided shots.

Daiky is fine. Its very powerful weapon. A close range shot is will often time kill the target if it lacks shields or leave with sliver of health - ready to be finished with secondary or ability.

6 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Imo, the image on Soaring strike is misleading after 18.5 and thus it should be changed

Soaring_Strike.png

I realized it after getting another copy of the mod as reward.

Ivara should not use bows. Bows need finisher abilities as they often leave enemies with little health, Ivara has none. She is way better with auto riffles as you can remove all shields in one Null-Arrow and spray them to death with some puncture heavy weapon.

8 minutes ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

Ivara should not use bows. Bows need finisher abilities as they often leave enemies with little health, Ivara has none. She is way better with auto riffles as you can remove all shields in one Null-Arrow and spray them to death with some puncture heavy weapon.

But...Navigator...heh.  Navigator allows players to 1-shot with Paris Prime, I think.  I think the power is a bit bugged, tho.