Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros the mastery fodder warframe.

tripletriple

Knee-jerk reaction much? Either that or you have ungodly amounts of free time OP.

The only real complain I have so far, is that, despite group heal, this is a very solo-focused frame, more so than others. Heals need to be set up, and in a heavy DPS group your teammates can really get in the way. Then again that's a non-issue when playing solo (which I mostly do). 

2 is really meant as an "oh S#&$" button in my opinion, because munching on a enemy takes a while, makes you invincible, heals and costs no energy. If you want minions, you need to combine it with 3, which is kinda clunky and could use some tweaks (perhaps ability combo for Devour, akin to Atlas' #1?). Speaking of 3, it's an excellent area denial, especially against infested, but could use some movement speed buff. 4 is very solid tankiness plus heal. His "second wind" seems to be bugged somewhat, sometimes it doesn't trigger around lvl 20 mobs, and once it got me up instantly around much higher level mobs. 

As for him eventually falling off due to scaling, everything eventually falls off. This baffles me every time when people complain about it, are you actually expecting to get a frame that scales infinitely? You can easily take this guy to 60 min in T4, more skilled peeps will manage more than that, I'm sure. Huh, different strokes for different folks indeed.

And his certainly more fun than meta frames. When I play Ash and use Bladestorm I feel like I'm watching a fancy UI for an Excel spreadsheet, while damage calculations happen in the background. Then again, subjective opinion and all that. 

Edited by tisdfogg

22 minutes ago, Rankii said:

More fun than meta frames? That's a pretty nice opinion you have there.

Quoting myself is not something that I do often, but...

48 minutes ago, tisdfogg said:

Then again, subjective opinion and all that. 

I mean, really?

7 hours ago, tripletriple said:

For me a warframe is not measured by how enjoyable it is, but rather it's effectiveness in a solo and group setting in comparison to other warframes. Keep that in mind when reading this.

Yeah I stopped reading after that.

8 hours ago, tripletriple said:

I can respect your vision of warframe.  It's just never going to happen. The fan club is the majority of warframe. Sorry your opinion is the minority.

This is at least more civil than before, so that's cool.

8 hours ago, tripletriple said:

I fail to see how DE cannot make a new innovative warframe without it breaking the game. Games like smite or league  have well over 40 gods/champions with almost all of them having a place I'm the meta.

Those games (I can't speak for Smite but I play LoL sometimes) don't have options that trivialize gameplay completely, and in those games what your character is ultimately capable of depends on how well you play early in the match, rather than just being an assured eventual outcome the way it is in WF.  

Honestly I don't have a problem with a Warframe that has little damage and CC and focuses on survival and toughness. What I do have a problem with is redundant designs.

Valkyr already fits this role perfectly. Want an invincible Warframe? We've already got that, thanks anyway Inaros.

I've said it too many times already, but I wish they'd just stop making Warframes, unless they're genuinely struck with inspiration.

EDIT: I will say that I haven't actually played Inaros though - I'm just judging based on what I know of his powers. I won't deny the possibility that my judgement is incorrect. I'm not really going to give it a chance though since his design is so unappealing to me.

Edited by AM-Bunny

I guess I'll leave my feedback on Inaros since this thread is on it's way towards trending.

Desiccation: Nothing to add on this one, pretty solid as a 1. Interestingly, the blind only works if the enemy is facing you (in my experience).

Devour: This is where the problems start popping up. If the enemy is killed via means that aren't the ability itself, a sand shadow does not spawn. The damage is also pretty poor, all things considered. I don't think you can use it on flying enemies either, sadly.

Sandstorm: Incredibly slow and doesn't deal the advertised damage in its advertised range. I genuinely think this may be bugged, because 720 damage per second shouldn't be ticking at 72 damage per second. Nor should enemies 10m in front of me be running around when the radius should be 20m.

Scarab Swarm: Armor aspect is pretty neat, unfortunately doesn't scale with efficiency mods - health will always be drained at an alarming rate, and 25% of your charge will always be used to cast a swarm. Also, I feel as if the range refers to your casting range - not the abilities actual range. Enemies need to be nearly touching to trigger spreading. In it's current state, it feels like a more expensive devour without the extra goodies. It does not fit the "swarm" description whatsoever.

And, although it's not an ability, I'd like to comment on his unique downed state: REALLY cool. Damage / revive meter doesn't scale, sadly. Which means if you're in a sortie, or in any kind of high level mission, good luck reviving yourself because the meter barely fills even if you've got plenty of enemies to drain.

So yeah, that's it. Hopefully Inaros gets some scaling buffs, like his other rocky buddy Atlas.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

TL;DR Loki Master race Go Meta or Go home

Honestly. No Offense Just the vibe i get from the thread (And about 76% of the Community)

I think that % is vastly overstated.  It's a forum culture kind of thing.  Many players in-game either express different opinions or have opinions colored (but not informed) by the EZmode meta culture.  

He is basically Valkyr if your careful, but can use his guns. The frame has a decent heal, is focused on healing himself and being invincible, and can use his guns. He isn't your GOD TEIR OP 8 FRAME! Though he is by far not useless. I can see myself easily soloing T4S 60 minutes with him with a build focused on tankieness.

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Honestly I don't have a problem with a Warframe that has little damage and CC and focuses on survival and toughness. What I do have a problem with is redundant designs.

Valkyr already fits this role perfectly. Want an invincible Warframe? We've already got that, thanks anyway Inaros.

I've said it too many times already, but I wish they'd just stop making Warframes, unless they're genuinely struck with inspiration.

EDIT: I will say that I haven't actually played Inaros though - I'm just judging based on what I know of his powers. I won't deny the possibility that my judgement is incorrect. I'm not really going to give it a chance though since his design is so unappealing to me.

I share your opinion on making new frames, but let's call a spade a spade - it's a good business practice for DE. New frame gives a sense of significant content update, that sorta thing tends to attract people. Right now it works a bit like in MOBAs, where you have tons of characters that fill the same role, but offer a different playstyle. Similarly you could say that there is no point to Ivara because Loki is the ultimate stealth frame. Yet, she offers a different flavour. It's not a new thing either - Ember and Volt were always the "redundant" damage dealers. IMHO Inaros is more similar to Chroma, offering a tankiness without straight up invincibility, and god mode under #4 is not what everyone wants.

DE mindset on that (aside form the obvious financial benefits) seems to be to create different variations to appeal to more folks, is all I'm sayin'. Though, I'd like them to announce that after next female frame (you know it's gonna happen, people would flip their S#&$ if it doesn't), they are doing a giant balance pass on all existing frames to bring them up to par. Then again scaling needs to be updated before that so...

Edited by tisdfogg