Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros 4th ability

Ironlixivium

I VERY recently got inaros, and I was using his fourth ability, but I'm not really sure what exactly scarab armor does, does anyone know? It doesn't feel as if I'm getting any bonus damage resistance or armor, but I could be wrong. Wiki has nothing on this atm, anyone else done some testing with it?

9 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

I VERY recently got inaros, and I was using his fourth ability, but I'm not really sure what exactly scarab armor does, does anyone know? It doesn't feel as if I'm getting any bonus damage resistance or armor, but I could be wrong. Wiki has nothing on this atm, anyone else done some testing with it?

from what i gathered playing it to use the 4th ability you hold the ability key for it to charge in doing so it will take some of your health, when you get to a presentage a hit the abilitie key and dont hold it while looking at a foe it will send scarab's at the foes doing damage and giving you health and your allies health and shields

in they devstream they said that charging it up will sacrifice HP for more armor, the value is not yet known, as for the active part of it, when you have more than 25% left, you can cast it and everyone near you[?] would get debuffed by the scarabs, stopping them from moving around and dealing damage over time, and which you are being healed

i really wanna know what the % is for the armor buff from it though

Just now, RikuSatori said:

from what i gathered playing it to use the 4th ability you hold the ability key for it to charge in doing so it will take some of your health, when you get to a presentage a hit the abilitie key and dont hold it while looking at a foe it will send scarab's at the foes doing damage and giving you health and your allies health and shields

Thanks for the reply but I know how the ability works, I've used it multiple times. I'm just curious about this mystery "scarab armor" stat. In the description it says it takes health to build "scarab armor", but what does this do? does it give armor? does it give some kind of damage resistance? or is it just a stat to show when you can cast the heal part of it?

1 minute ago, Varacal said:

in they devstream they said that charging it up will sacrifice HP for more armor, the value is not yet known, as for the active part of it, when you have more than 25% left, you can cast it and everyone near you[?] would get debuffed by the scarabs, stopping them from moving around and dealing damage over time, and which you are being healed

i really wanna know what the % is for the armor buff from it though

Huh, it doesn't feel like much armor to me if it's that, I guess I'll head to the simulacrum and see if I can figure it out, but thanks. btw, the heal is a targetted aoe similar to equinox's sleep.

I wish I knew the armor value too :/ I guess if I find it I'll probably post it in this thread.

10 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

Huh, it doesn't feel like much armor to me if it's that, I guess I'll head to the simulacrum and see if I can figure it out, but thanks.

Yeah, not really noticing a difference. Easiest way to test would be to duel someone in the dojo. Ask them to bring an unranked Lato and see how much damage it does before and after. 

They can actually tell you how much damage it's doing rather than you trying to guess in the simulacrum.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Yeah, not really noticing a difference. Easiest way to test would be to duel someone in the dojo. Ask them to bring an unranked Lato and see how much damage it does before and after. 

They can actually tell you how much damage it's doing rather than you trying to guess in the simulacrum.

I wouldn't need to guess, simply spawn a corrupt butcher of the highest level possible, for me 120 for some reason (last MR it was 85 for me) and let it hit you once. I don't have a max ranked inaros so the percentages are probably a lot worse than at max, but I've already found the damages: without any scarab armor 463, with full scarab armor it was 323. like I said it's probably better at max rank, but those are the numbers for when scarab swarm is rank 1, with no armor mods. according to my math it's 30% less damage, so according to the chart on the wiki I had roughly 300 armor from 100% scarab armor. not sure if it's a flat boost of 100 or +50% armor though.

3 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

I wouldn't need to guess, simply spawn a corrupt butcher of the highest level possible, for me 120 for some reason (last MR it was 85 for me) and let it hit you once. I don't have a max ranked inaros so the percentages are probably a lot worse than at max, but I've already found the damages: without any scarab armor 463, with full scarab armor it was 323. like I said it's probably better at max rank, but those are the numbers for when scarab swarm is rank 1, with no armor mods. according to my math it's 30% less damage, so according to the chart on the wiki I had roughly 300 armor from 100% scarab armor. not sure if it's a flat boost of 100 or +50% armor though.

Guess you'll know more when it's ranked up. Good to know it actually provides a benefit.