Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

G-sync Doesn't Work Since U18.5, Warframe Unplayable.

Man_In_Suitcase

Since U18.5 hit, Warframe doesn't seem to recognize G-sync whatsoever, and frankly I'm at a loss of what I can do. I'm using the Asus pg279q monitor, using 144Hz refresh (monitor's setting) with G-sync enabled, with the options in game-in, maxed framerate locked 144 and the refresh rate option at 144Hz (this option has no effect, but on for testing purposes). All graphic and effects are set to highest I'm still suffering with stuttering and wild response times in missions and Liset, making movement and aiming very fustrating as my mouse input is raw and isn't synced with my display.

My specs are;

• i7-4790k at 4.0GHz
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti in SLI
  • 16G Ram
  • 1 TB HDD (Warframe installed)
  • Windows 7 HP 64bit

Now I've already done the following;

1. Updated Nvidia Drivers to 364.47. Rolled back due to buggy driver.
  2. Verified and Optimized cache through launcher.
  3. Made sure no other settings were applied to Warframe in Nvidia's CP.
  4. Tested with and without 64 bit mode running.
  5. Tested turning in-game frame rate option off and I'm getting even more fps (340 on Liset, really) with display refresh rate 144Hz and G-sync enabled.
  6. Finally, tested and compared performance with just G-sync turned off, with the settings above still appiled but excatly the same problems persist (screenshots below).

Add screenshots to reflect G-sync performance on and off.

On

Off

As you can see, they is little to no benefit in using G-sync. I've had no problems running Warframe in the past getting 144fps and tight 1/2ms response times, however I'm getting 7/8ms since the update. Every other game I own ulitizes G-sync as intended, ruling out hardware issue. it's next to impossible to enjoy Warframe now as G-sync is what kept it smooth and responsive, so PvP is especially out the question atm. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, and I'm really hoping this is on the Dev's radar. Thanks.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase
Additonal information, Nvidia driver update, Screenshots added..

Psst... Turn on G-sunc in your driver for Fullscreen + full screen boarder less window. then you need to adjust global and game/App profile (within driver)

780ti, running 362.00

G-sync + DSR (3413x1920) and everything is working as intended (atleast on the driver/gsync end)

This past update Kicked the highest setting possible in game up a few notches, and there are still bugs with textures and lighting and likely much volumetric effect

on a single card(780ti), the only changes i need to make was knocking down the enhancement of AA within driver from X8 ->x2 or x4 (can't remember off hand)

So on two cards i would be looking at driver configuration prior to dealing with the game.