Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Host Migration!

Cesvela

im so pissed been 2 days i cant play warframe and i just gve them 100 usd like a week ago i was about to purchase again now im regreting it.

do they even test the updates it did more harm to the game than giving players more fun and joy.

i get the same problem i cnt play with anyone since the update.

There's this thing called the Internet.  If your connection to it sucks, you'll get dc'd from squad.

If you continually get migrated, here are some things to try:

1) wonder if host may have left (because let's be real this is the main cause when no real problems occur).  Host didn't leave?  Okay, keep reading.

2) check your internet connection, especially if you've been migrated to your own personal squad.  If no internet, then that's the problem.

3) if neither of the above, look at your graphics card.  DE did just recently update all the game's graphics, and this was an improvement for MOST gpu's.  Notice the "most".

4) if still no, look at your processor.  is it lower than an i5 (or similar if you don't have an Intel)?  there's your problem.  get a new computer.

5) if you're still not finding the problem, try changing your NAT settings/framerate control in options.  lowering framerate reduces lag (by forcing a slowdown, yes, but lowering framerate by 10 frames will prevent a ~30 frame lag), which in turn reduces chances of forced squad migration to mitigate lag for your squad (this is actually done by the client server inside your computer, not by the game).

6) if you're getting annoyed at me because none of the above are the problem, power cycle your computer.  resetting RAM resets accumulated client lag on your game, and increases the pool of RAM available to the game, which also reduces lag.  it also gives your computer a break, which is good for it.

7) still getting kicked?  well, open a salt shaker and toss it at the forums. or, like, go do something else.  like laundry.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or make a sandwich.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or sleep.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or seriously stop begging senpai to notice you already, they KNOW this is a problem.  for more information regarding the bug-fixing process: refer to this thread.

*sighs* I think I'm done here.

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

There's this thing called the Internet.  If your connection to it sucks, you'll get dc'd from squad.

1) wonder if host may have left (because let's be real this is the main cause when no real problems occur).  Host didn't leave?  Okay, keep reading.

2) check your internet connection, especially if you've been migrated to your own personal squad.  If no internet, then that's the problem.

3) if neither of the above, look at your graphics card.  DE did just recently update all the game's graphics, and this was an improvement for MOST gpu's.  Notice the "most".

4) if still no, look at your processor.  is it lower than an i5 (or similar if you don't have an Intel)?  there's your problem.  get a new computer.

5) if you're still not finding the problem, try changing your NAT settings/framerate control in options.  lowering framerate reduces lag (by forcing a slowdown, yes, but lowering framerate by 10 frames will prevent a ~30 frame lag), which in turn reduces chances of forced squad migration to mitigate lag for your squad (this is actually done by the client server inside your computer, not by the game).

6) if you're getting annoyed at me because none of the above are the problem, power cycle your computer.  resetting RAM resets accumulated client lag on your game, and increases the pool of RAM available to the game, which also reduces lag.  it also gives your computer a break, which is good for it.

7) still getting kicked?  well, open a salt shaker and toss it at the forums. or, like, go do something else.  like laundry.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or make a sandwich.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or sleep.  or beg senpai to notice you.  or seriously stop begging senpai to notice you already, they KNOW this is a problem.  for more information regarding the bug-fixing process: refer to this thread.

i get host migration only in draco , my ping is 30 and my pc can run this game easy , all this started since the update yes ive seen other complain about this too so its the client. And no it still happens i just check it.

Just lost 2 hours worth of Hieracon excavation with AMAZING core loots (lost count after 50), which I had NEVER EVER seen in my 1200 hours of Warframe playing. Because of what? Host migration.

I absolutely love it.

I'm never playing with people again if I am to do a mission that is longer than 10 minutes.

4 hours ago, JohnViande said:

Just lost 2 hours worth of Hieracon excavation with AMAZING core loots (lost count after 50), which I had NEVER EVER seen in my 1200 hours of Warframe playing. Because of what? Host migration.

I absolutely love it.

I'm never playing with people again if I am to do a mission that is longer than 10 minutes.

Bro, you keep your rewards now if you get dc'd.  If you get migration, force quit.  You'll keep all rewards when you rejoin. if host is still there, or if not you just return to main menu with the loots.

Well I surely didn't keep the rewards then, I would have noticed 50+ cores being there. Game crashed when the host migration happened (as it seems to be doing all the time now) and it took forever to log back in, then there was no squad left to rejoin.

Edited by JohnViande

13 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

You obviously did not read the main post I've been running the game perfectly without hich, then the update came out and it was fine then 18.5.1 and it suddenly broke my internet is the best it can be 100mb and never had an issue playing blacklight with no lag what so ever its a server side issue where it bugs and says host migration lost connection to host or lost connection to multiplayer it was fixed in 18.5.2 but broken again after that. 

ive been experiencing the same problem, none of my clan members even trust me to be in the party when the game loads. basically, the game would load really slowly. when it finally loads, thats when host migration happen.

weirdly enough, enter into a game 1st, then invite my friends. i asked them if they were lagging (since im host) and they said that their game were running smoothly. so far, it all started happening after update 18.5

Edited by AizatXtreme123

• 5 years later...