The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyekka Master needs rebalance for lower levels

starsrift

I was levelling some gear and a frame today. Specifically, I had a 12th level Mag with a 14th level Boar. I was running a low-level defense mission against the Grineer, they spawned at about level 15, so I'm not trying anything too crazy here.

I could kill a Grineer trooper or lancer in one or two shots. The Hyekka Master was a race to empty my entire magazine before he downed me with his atomos or whatever flamethrower he's got.

After being downed once, I thought, "Okay, no second chances for this kid," and ulted the next one. My Mag had a power strength of 154% owing to a R5 Blind Rage, and the ult only took off like 1/3rd of his health.

Hyekka Masters are very vulnerable to headshots. Fine! That's great! Not every weapon can reliably headshot. :( 

They feel great to fight against with level 30 gear against level 30 or higher mobs. I love seeing them on Draco and elsewhere, I really appreciate that their cats can one-shot you if you're not paying attention. I like those things. They're a great new enemy for the ever-evolving power creep of endgame frames and weapons.

But they don't scale down very well. Please take another look at the scaling for them, DE.

Edited by starsrift

I've been in that same situation on many different occasions. At times where I could kill even heavy Grineer units with a few shots from my undermodded, crappy mastery fodder MK1-Strun, all while taking very little damage, Hyekka Masters had health and damage levels comparable to assassination bosses. Even Sargas Ruk at this point ended up dealing less damage than those same mobs in his own assassination mission.

Even after the fix on the cats to cause less damage they still cause to much - I say keep the mastery and get rid of the cats - to me, it's just too much stuff and it really took some of the fun out of the game because we grind hard enough to achieve what we have.

Edited by onespirit5777

I'm seconding this. I was levelling my 23 Oberon on Phobos with a forma'd Paris, and he was basically oneshotting everything since both Oberon and the weapons I brought along were overlevelled.

Until I got to those guys. I had to throw everything at them to get them to die. The drahk masters they replaced weren't nearly this hard. I ultimately failed the mission and had to go through on my maxed out Loki. I still couldn't easily kill those guys, although it was a lot easier. I can deal with the cats just fine, but yeah, I agree. Cats plus the master is just killer. I feel like I'm fighting a damn mini boss. The masters need some rebalancing.

the drac masters can spawn dogs but only have teh little dissarming boomerang to actually hit with and they throw slow enough to give you preparation. the hyekka masters have the ignis, no wind up time and huge range as well as a squad of cats to dodge and health. 

I have been curious about this since I haven't witnessed a single Drahk or it's master since the update, but I always found those two to be somewhat of pushovers, is that still the case? If so then I say a heavy rebalance between the two counterparts needs to be done.

Edited by RahuHordika

Hyekka master doesen't need a rebalance for lower levels, but an all around one.

Let me copypaste my insight of the actual issue from a post i previousely made:

"I'm not saying it cannot be dealt with but i think it (and it's "pets") has way too many features and deals way too much damage to the point of making the Drahk master, theyr pets, and other units pointless, kinda like the Nullifier Crewman makes the Sniper Crewman useless but on an even bigger scale.

As i already sayd, the presence of the Hyekkas and theyr Master makes Drahks and theyr masteres pointless, first of all because they deal a lot more damage and are a lot more aggressive to begin with, move faster on the map, and makes the Scorch useless as well, as on top of being incredibly tanky for such a unit (she takes almost as many headshots as a Heavy unit to die, and is not a heavy unit) it also has a much higher DPS than the Drahk master AND the Scorch as it can also trow those napalm grenade things that while cannot be popped too often, stay on the map and deal more damage than a Bombard Napalm rocket !

So we have a unit that has higher range and damage than the Drahk master and the scorch, it's pets deal a lot more damage and are a lot more aggressive than the Drahks, and has an AOE blast that deals more damage per single shot and stays for longer time on the stage than a Napalm bombard rocket. If those features are not way too many i don't know what else it could need to be considered as such.

I'm not saying "nerf her because she's too strong" (not necessarely) but "Nerf her because she can do WAY too many things at once for a single unit".

And on a side note, i really hope the "kitties" we'll recive later on won't be stronger than the Kubrows. I heard theyr DNA won't degrade over time and that's already a big advantage (unless the devs have changed theyr mind on it), having them even dealing higher damage would make the first ones pointless."

DE strikes again!

can we have any goddamned new unit introduced in the game that isn't absurdly overpowered compared to everything else in its faction?

there's still the bursa can of worms to bonify and now this?

So were are new players supposed to play considering that the developers have disseminated overpowered units in 2 of the main factions?