Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to improve the mission waiting

-PP-Sonicz

Hi there, I've been playing for quite sometime since closed beta however there's one thing that I came across that is quite painful, is the mission waiting time which applies to only defense missions.

Every five rounds there would be a sign to either extract or continue to battle. But what's rather bothersome, is that players in the team would not keep to their words/promise to the host whom said "H>T2 Def, 20 waves", which they would leave in-between or before 20 waves has been done, with excuses they have to give which are unable to verify like "Sorry, I have to go at 15 waves." or "Need to go work, sorry."; Or another situation is that during wave 15's sign appear, Most agreed to carry on the battle, till the countdown shows with 1-2 secs, immediately everyone followed or at least one will do it. I think it is one of common thing that we experience, and it's definitely not a good team-play spirit. 

Solutions:

1) If majority players left whether it's disconnection circumstances or others which left the host alone in the game, It will allow the host have the ability to extract on a touch of button at any waves he want. Of course, this only applies if the requirements, which are: 1) Host is alone 2) More than = or > than 5 waves. [scales* depending on system register on player's progress (if the player can cope or not being able to)] The button can be shown beneath the 'Show profile' which the player can press 'escape' and hover their cursor at their profile icon. ( Also the same place where 'Rank up' button is)

2) Before the start of the mission which require at least one player to step within the radius of the blue light (where the cyropod/ defense initiation area), It will allow all players to go through a voting page, where they will see a sign which allows them to vote how long of the waves they are going. Regardless the host or any of the players that step into the radius, the mission will not start but the host will be able to see a sign where it allows him to type at a Number of Waves' vote text box, which host can select from list 5/10/15/20; or simply type the number of the ideal waves. Once host have decided, all players in the team are able to see "Number of Waves selected by host: 25; Do you accept?" as the topic title of the sign. Players are able to select either 'Agree', Disagree' and then able to let them put an ideal number of waves. Once other team-members have selected the options, It will show green tick, red cross and yellow (-) sign which shows agree, disagree and suggestion of the team-mate's choice.

While the system registers as majority vote system, If all agrees, The system will automatically register 20 waves and there will not be stops in between each 5 waves and loot will be shown while a sign shows  'Number of waves remaining: 5"/ or will be able to see transmission from (darvo/lotus/etc) to show the loot. If all disagrees, The system will register overwritten (replaying voting) (to get more than 1 vote in order to progress) votes. Disagree conditions: Either 1 person wants More than 20 waves, Majority wants more than 20 waves, 1 wants lower than 20 waves, Majority wants less than 20 waves.

In addition upon finished game, host might have option to either "Regroup last recent squad" (which gives host ability to automatically sent invite to the team-mates), or simply "close" (to tell the system that you don't want to replay).

I feel that it's important to fix this minor problem as small problem like this might not impose much, but on greater scale to have a good team-play spirit and balance; I believe it's a step to create a good environment, not to mention a good co-op experience for all. :)

scales* meaning system can register the difficulty and how the player can cope so far in the session. It can be judged by number of deaths, health drop, shield drop, ability nullified (enemy becomes too tanky in picture) and lagginess/ping drop (which I don't will occur since the host's connection only).

Edited by --Berserker--
Added in additions