Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

42 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

At a conversational level, the perspective of a few of us is that the over-rewarding nodes like Draco do seem to have become even more of an 'obvious choice' in a couple of ways, but endless massacre of non-scaling enemies did pose a problem in principle. We are working toward the vast issue of equalizing rewards.

First of all: thank you for looking into it.

Second, thank you for addressing this, even/particularly at a conversational level.

I'd like to address a few points in your reply:

• 'Endless' spawning - Correct me if I'm mistaken, but that was - and is - working as intended, or respawns would have been capped or disabled, at least now; if not ages ago. While I appreciate not having enemies spawn behind my back anymore (because some people like playing Stealth as opposed to Invisibility), how is this better than just playing an Exterminate? (Assuming you don't get a null-spawn for minutes at a time.)
  • 'Massacre' - The issue is power disparity between players and enemies. This has nothing to do with stealth sprees (beyond the mandated-but-not-automatic (for anyone not using one specific mod on one specific weapon type) OHKO to keep it going), and is far from being news.
  • 'Non-scaling' - Again, correct me if I'm mistaken, but this is working as intended. Enemies scale in endless missions, and not particularly in 'normal' missions.

All this being the case, could you clarify or elaborate on what the 'problem in principle' is?

I could, at this point, append 'and how is it worse than what Draco represents - and the fact that this change is ever more incentive to do that?', but - as you say - you (plural)'re aware of this and working towards a solution.

Fingers crossed for Star Chart 3.0, and and hopefully incentives for things that aren't 'efficient assembly-line slaughter'.

-----

22 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

Well if you just made the focus affinity shared like all the level affinity,

This is actually how it works, as of U18.4.10 (ctrl+f, Focus changes), unless I'm misunderstanding you..

Edited by Chroia
BBCode. :<

What about the synoid simulor bug with his orbs not connecting and delay explosion ?

Lets spam their twitter or something so they can see it and fix it alrdy, its annoying as hell.

Edited by MisterBgd

44 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

Enemy Spawning Adjustments (Missed 18.5 Note)

Update 18.5 contained a change made to ensure that enemies will no longer spawn in areas that have been cleared, as long as the level is not on alert.  This change was made to help prevent an exploit that caused enemies to rapidly spawn in the same room only to be instantly killed by stealthed players, and these enemies never scaled.  This was limited mostly to Deception Missions, but was present in Sabotage, Mobile Defense or Spy Missions as well.

Enemies will now spawn in areas not yet seen by players.  This will allow players to clear rooms stealthily, while avoiding enemies spawning behind players and potentially ruining any stealth runs.  ‘Alerted’ enemies will spawn nearby and out of sight, but can also spawn in rooms already seen by players

All of my thanks for this! I've been hoping for this change since I started this game!

Thanks, everyone, keep up the hotfixin'.

While you're at it, take a look at the Sniper Rifle Rework U18 Megathread, there's 9 pages of "You're Doing It Wrong" and "Ya Done Goofed" responses, because, well, ya done goofed, DE.

38 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

At a conversational level, the perspective of a few of us is that the over-rewarding nodes like Draco do seem to have become even more of an 'obvious choice' in a couple of ways, but endless massacre of non-scaling enemies did pose a problem in principle. We are working toward the vast issue of equalizing rewards.

Thank you, Rebecca. Please equalize up rather than down, though. Focus farming in general has only become slightly bearable with 18.5, and I'd hate to see it take steps backwards again.

49 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Thank you for addressing this, even/particularly at a conversational level.

I'd like to address a few points in your reply:

• 'Endless' spawning - Correct me if I'm mistaken, but that was - and is - working as intended, or respawns would have been capped or disabled, at least now; if not ages ago. While I appreciate not having enemies spawn behind my back anymore, how is this better than just playing an Exterminate? (Assuming you don't get a null-spawn for minutes at a time.)
  • 'Massacre' - The issue is power disparity between players and enemies. This has nothing to do with stealth sprees (beyond the mandated-but-not-automatic (for anyone not using one specific mod on one specific weapon type) OHKO to keep it going), and is far from being news.
  • 'Non-scaling' - Again, correct me if I'm mistaken, but this is working as intended. Enemies scale in endless missions, and not particularly in 'normal' missions.

All this being the case, could you clarify or elaborate on what the 'problem in principle' is?

I could, at this point, append 'and how is it worse than what Draco represents - and the fact that this change is ever more incentive to do that?', but - as you say - you (plural)'re aware of this and working towards a solution.

Fingers crossed for Star Chart 3.0, and and hopefully incentives for things that aren't 'efficient assembly-line slaughter'.

-----

This is actually how it works, as of U18.4.10 (ctrl+f, Focus changes), unless I'm misunderstanding you..

Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.

-- Why the need for a fancy system? Why not just share the affinity and or make it so that the Convergence bonus is seen by everyone who has a lens on?

More importantly AFFINITY as a legacy system, why hasn't this been addressed or looked into, since post Viver Gate. That's what was learnt as a community. That Affinity distribution seems generally to be [an] problem. If the game is going to rely on Affinity system for other systems like Syndicates and now the Focus System, why hasn't this been addressed. I could say 2 years ago?

Edited by Kinjeto

And yet shock eximus still deals magnetic dmg no way to prevent/see/counter it yup its fun... .I like challenge but this is just frustrating with mechanics like this...

edit: But all things considered the amount of hotfixes since U18.5... i dunno if thats a good or bad thing hope it will be good...

Edited by Anubias

9 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.

-- Why the need for a fancy system? Why not just share the affinity and or make it so that the Convergence bonus is seen by everyone who has a lens on?

Well the ''Focus booster'' only appear nce in a while and is not share at all in many instance. The only place that is small enought to actually gain from such desing are the interception mission

15 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

-- 1) Why the need for a fancy system? 2) Why not just share the affinity and or 3) make it so that the Convergence bonus is seen by everyone who has a lens on?

Yup, that's the line.

1) Not sure what, exactly, you're referring to when you say 'fancy system' - Gains, Convergence or Lenses.

Focus Exp is gained the same as 'normal' Affinity Exp now, and Lenses are - I think - a more or less reasonable concept (though I dislike the current implementation).  So I'm going to assume you're referring to the Convergence.

Yes, they could just have left the Focus gains as they were before and not implemented the booster pickup. The idea is to reward 'active' play, as opposed to 'sit on a crate and spam #'. Good in theory, but the implementation still needs work.

2) If you mean the Focus exp, it's shared like 'normal' exp.

If you mean 'sum up what everyone gets and give everyone that much'... idk. I assume it's either A) considered too rewarding, or B) rewards people who aren't contributing.

3) That's how it works.

Edited by Chroia
Premature Posting. It happens to everyone, right? ... Right? >_>'

40 minutes ago, DERebecca said:

Can you spell a problem you solve?

"Player need to restart mission to have solo expirience"? There is no "exploit". There was a parity with Draco.

"Players need to useless run if they wanna do soloing"? Really, i am not a cheater. I am kill every single mob i should to get my focus, why do you hate me? Draco Focus farm is stupid. LVLing is fun, but not MR30 frame just killing everything.

Also, can we atleast get rid of Convergence now? There is no fun and even no sense now.