Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, DERebecca said:

Hotfix 18.5.4

[...]

Fixes

•    Fixed an issue causing players to be automatically logged out during the End of Mission screen, causing them to lose their Mission’s inventory.

[...]

FINALLY <3 This drove me insane since 18.0 :O :D

THANK YOU DE!

2 hours ago, DERebecca said:

Hotfix 18.5.4

•    Fixed Bursa spawning mechanics to prevent unlimited spawns in missions where alarms could not be disabled.

Not cool.

This assignment during the Inaros quest almost stopped me from completing it. Not a fan of the needless grind. Exploiting this to complete the Bursa segment took sitting in a mission for 30 straight minutes waiting for the 5 bursa needed to finish the quest. Don't want to know what the 'actual' time to complete would have been - probably weeks given the need to repeat the same missions over and over (which everyone can agree is quite boring). 

Might i suggest adding certain triggers that spawn a specific sort of Bursa. Cause the pot luck thing gets old real quick. There's only so many times you can hear Baro drone on about the "vessel", before you start to resent logging in.

EDIT:
Just for some context, the first two assignments to fulfilling the vessel requirements were fine. I could choose which planet i wanted to go to, what type of mission i was going to mess round with - i did the new sabotage, that was fun - and i knew that the enemies would spawn in there. Sometimes, there were only 1, others there were lots. But, i enjoyed hopping from place to place filling up the vessel.

Until the bursa round. Playing missions not knowing if the exact sort of bursa you needed to kill was going to show up was horrid. It would be fine if you knew the exact bursa you need should show up but didn't. But having the wrong Bursa show up, time and time again just kills the fun. Cause no matter where you go, or what you do, it's always a dice roll as to if you get the one you are looking for.

Edited by MillbrookWest

And still no fix for the deceptions turning into exterminates. Why are they turning into exterminates anyway it does not happen the other way. If i want to play an exterminate i will start one. Last one i did was after killing about 5 or 10 enemies and then i quit the mission.

And pls turn the spawning back to the way it was (exploit or not). Because farming for affinity (forcus or leveling) is becoming a pain to do.

And no i do not run or want to run interceptions or defence or survivals they are boring to do.

And endless deceptions are fun to do. Just run them until tired of them then quit and do something else. And no i do not want ever increasing difficulty most of the time.

2 hours ago, Frost_King said:

The thing is there is always going to be a Draco, or a Viver, and if they are taken away in a few hours players will have a new optimized area.  I remember when You said on a Prime Time or Devstream that stealth was a viable option, my connection is bad, really bad, took me over twenty hours to download the four gig patch.  Between four players and all those enemies my connection can't handle Draco, it isn't an option for me and everyone says "Do Draco" well I personally can't.  So I stealth kill and I used deception to do it, easy in, easy out, took about thirty to forty minutes with the nerf and addition of the focus flower buff thing (Not a fan but... it exist).  I was fine doing it, I earned it.   My problem is DE says they want to help remove the grindwall but this is one of the biggest ones in the game and honestly I don't even know where to start approaching it, it was an option I used, might not have been viable, maybe an exploit but I could go in get all 100,000 focus and my rep in one go, and be done with that mess for the day. 

When 18.5 dropped and I found out a 'stealth nerf' had occuried about this I almost deleted warframe, that was just... devastating and infuriating.  I am glad I didn't let rage win out on that one but I really don't have a clue on what to do, and while this sounds like a kind of fix to it, but, this is how I chose to gain my focus for today, alone, quietly, solo.  There should be more options on how to go about getting things like Focus, rep, parts, variety is the spice of life and stops things from stagnating.  I personally have no problem with Draco, it's just not for me.

I felt absolutely the same way as this guy, their nerf to the endless deception stealth focus farming almost made me quit this game, and maybe halved my enthusiasm for the game entirely (only playing a few hours a day now unlike minimum of 8hrs a day before the nerf) simply because it felt so much like a deliberate nerf to FORCE solo players like me to play with others in Draco and hope i get lucky with the public queue and not get a super laggy game or be grouped with useless people.

But i guess it's a good thing since tons of new games are coming out, guess i'm moving on if this is the direction warframe is going.

I always thought when i first started playing warframe that this free to play mmo game was too good to be true for solo players.

Edited by thegodoflions

2 hours ago, Frost_King said:

The thing is there is always going to be a Draco, or a Viver, and if they are taken away in a few hours players will have a new optimized area.

And at that point you're no longer having the problem popular nodes cause. With the new star chart there'll be many different solutions to preventing popular nodes from sucking the life out of the rest of the game. Having the system plot which missions are the most popular by analyzing mission type, level range, faction, and tileset, and then giving every node a score and a TTL based on the score. The more popular the a mission is the shorter the alert time. Don't kid yourself if you think min maxing can't be beaten. It can, you just need a system that can adapt and react quickly enough, and it looks like Star Chart 3.0 will provide that framework.

2 hours ago, DERebecca said:

Hotfix 18.5.4

Enemy Spawning Adjustments (Missed 18.5 Note)

Update 18.5 contained a change made to ensure that enemies will no longer spawn in areas that have been cleared, as long as the level is not on alert.  This change was made to help prevent an exploit that caused enemies to rapidly spawn in the same room only to be instantly killed by stealthed players, and these enemies never scaled.  This was limited mostly to Deception Missions, but was present in Sabotage, Mobile Defense or Spy Missions as well.

Enemies will now spawn in areas not yet seen by players.  This will allow players to clear rooms stealthily, while avoiding enemies spawning behind players and potentially ruining any stealth runs.  ‘Alerted’ enemies will spawn nearby and out of sight, but can also spawn in rooms already seen by players.

These changes will not affect enemy spawning in Exterminate, Excavation, Survival or Defense Missions, but will have a slight impact on enemy spawning on other Mission types

LOL RIP my LOKI + WAR

50 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Not cool.

This assignment during the Inaros quest almost stopped me from completing it. Not a fan of the needless grind. Exploiting this to complete the Bursa segment took sitting in a mission for 30 straight minutes waiting for the 5 bursa needed to finish the quest. Don't want to know what the 'actual' time to complete would have been - probably weeks given the need to repeat the same missions over and over (which everyone can agree is quite boring). 

Might i suggest adding certain triggers that spawn a specific sort of Bursa. Cause the pot luck thing gets old real quick. There's only so many times you can hear Baro drone on about the "vessel", before you start to resent logging in.

EDIT:
Just for some context, the first two assignments to fulfilling the vessel requirements were fine. I could choose which planet i wanted to go to, what type of mission i was going to mess round with - i did the new sabotage, that was fun - and i knew that the enemies would spawn in there. Sometimes, there were only 1, others there were lots. But, i enjoyed hopping from place to place filling up the vessel.

Until the bursa round. Playing missions not knowing if the exact sort of bursa you needed to kill was going to show up was horrid. It would be fine if you knew the exact bursa you need should show up but didn't. But having the wrong Bursa show up, time and time again just kills the fun. Cause no matter where you go, or what you do, it's always a dice roll as to if you get the one you are looking for.

I think you are misunderstanding the fix here. it only counts in cases where the player cannot actually turn the alarm off to prevent the bursas from spawning.

You should still be able to let alarms trigger normally and get infinite spawns

So...when, exactly, is the Kavat nerf coming?

Dear god please tell me it IS coming, right?

I am getting 2-hit on my Zephyr with 1,110 health.  By cats that get summoned in packs of 4.  This cannot be intentional.  Right?  RIGHT?!?!

Guess I'll just have to use nothing but Valkyr on every single Grineer mission until this gets fixed.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

I think you are misunderstanding the fix here. it only counts in cases where the player cannot actually turn the alarm off to prevent the bursas from spawning.

You should still be able to let alarms trigger normally and get infinite spawns

I hope i've misunderstood. It was a slap in the face that it took 30mins sitting in a single mission to get all 5. Would be terrible if DE are forcing you in and out of missions over and over... keeping in mind this was a story quest and not just some random prime part.