Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, DERebecca said:

At a conversational level, the perspective of a few of us is that the over-rewarding nodes like Draco do seem to have become even more of an 'obvious choice' in a couple of ways, but endless massacre of non-scaling enemies did pose a problem in principle. We are working toward the vast issue of equalizing rewards.

Thank you for letting us know. I hope this matter is solved Soon™.

I have better idea for vs-players magnetic dmg. If player is hit by magnetic dmg all his "projectile" weapons will inflict self dmg thus forcing them to go melee for a while. We would also need some kind of indicator that you have been magnetized and not to overkill yourself with boltor or something :P (similar gun jam or something like that)

Edited by Anubias

You know this change doesn't really help us get away from Draco. You killed our method of skillfully earning focus, now we're forced to mindlessly farm Draco. Can you PLEASE create an alternative to Draco that lets us farm our rep in a REASONABLE amount of time?

I define reasonable is 45m-60m for no booster full focus farming. Doing PVP dailies/rep takes 2-3 hrs, focus is an hour, sorties is 30m, jordas trial is 30m. I cant handle anymore than that daily im sorry.

Edited by Skaleek

"

Enemy Spawning Adjustments (Missed 18.5 Note)

Update 18.5 contained a change made to ensure that enemies will no longer spawn in areas that have been cleared, as long as the level is not on alert.  This change was made to help prevent an exploit that caused enemies to rapidly spawn in the same room only to be instantly killed by stealthed players, and these enemies never scaled.  This was limited mostly to Deception Missions, but was present in Sabotage, Mobile Defense or Spy Missions as well.

Enemies will now spawn in areas not yet seen by players.  This will allow players to clear rooms stealthily, while avoiding enemies spawning behind players and potentially ruining any stealth runs.  ‘Alerted’ enemies will spawn nearby and out of sight, but can also spawn in rooms already seen by players.

These changes will not affect enemy spawning in Exterminate, Excavation, Survival or Defense Missions, but will have a slight impact on enemy spawning on other Mission types.

"

W...What? You're actually caring about Stealth now? :D

Ooooh I like where we're going!...

At a conversational level, the perspective of a few of us is that the over-rewarding nodes like Draco do seem to have become even more of an 'obvious choice' in a couple of ways, but endless massacre of non-scaling enemies did pose a problem in principle. We are working toward the vast issue of equalizing rewards.

If the problem "in principle" was finishing our focus farm in a reasonable amount of time while avoiding Draco, then you need to re-evaluate your principles. I may sound harsh but honestly this change was moreso. I don't like being forced to play draco IF i want to gain focus at a reasonable rate.

Edited by Skaleek

I personally prefer an endless massacre over "Focus" as it is.

I've complained before about being bored because there are no enemies to fight.

Focus is not worth it if it means nodes will now be empty of other players AND enemies....

What is the point!?

All this does is force us to return to liset to start the mission over again!

OR if obsessed with farming, to cheese elsewhere.

That actually adds strains to the servers and stress to the players.

If I want to play Deception 30 times in a row or 3hrs straight, what is the difference?

The trips back and forth to the mission...

I am tired of Liset...

On a side note, how does stopping what you are doing to run across the map and collect an item and then back = Focus?

umm, why do people say draco is the best for focus? I mean on draco I got maybe 2k per wave, while ODD has given me around 24k at wave 20 while barely doing anything.

oh and why take away the colors from kubrow? everybody wants a rainbow puppy!

Edited by falseface

Hotfix 18.5.4

Enemy Spawning Adjustments (Missed 18.5 Note)

Enemies will now spawn in areas not yet seen by players.  This will allow players to clear rooms stealthily, while avoiding enemies spawning behind players and potentially ruining any stealth runs.  ‘Alerted’ enemies will spawn nearby and out of sight, but can also spawn in rooms already seen by players.

These changes will not affect enemy spawning in Exterminate, Excavation, Survival or Defense Missions, but will have a slight impact on enemy spawning on other Mission types.

Post 18.5, enemies DO NOT SPAWN once you clear a tileset.  This means that doubling back to look for sabotages or running through tilesets with multiple paths for spy missions will be empty and devoid of enemies.  Enemy kill counts have decreased significantly since then, down to half, with as low as barely 60 enemies killed on a stealth spy run in Uranus.  I would also like to mention that we were going through the mission rather quickly but made sure to kill everything without too many alerts.

Not only does this change reduce mod drops, reduce resource gains, and affinity gains, it also makes the game more boring because the core of it all is that warframe is a game about killing tons of mooks for all of the above.  Yes, affinity was abused but to alter spawns which affect all of the above makes the game more boring.  No, I don't care for min-maxing focus or affinity gain.  This is just a boring and frankly a terrible change.  It makes the game more boring. 

Some more testing reveals that if you don't enter a tile, enemies will continue to spawn in them (at al ower rate than 18.5) but if you DO enter a tile, once you kill the enemies without an alarm going off (stealth or no stealth) they don't spawn anymore. 

NONE of this would have happened if it weren't for the Focus system.  There's a daily cap for a reason, DE.  If too many people are reaching the cap to your tastes, then lower the cap instead of making the rest of the game a pain to everyone else.  Unbelievable, I came back after a year, had a month of awesome fun with just exploring sabotage in Uranus and the other missions only to find nothing spawns anymore for non-tower missions.  

This is NOT a slight impact.  A run and gun mission would normally yield close to 200 kills pre 18.5.  Now it's barely 100, to maybe 150 at most depending on how fast you can kill.  Stealth at a moderately fast pace not accounting for min-max affinity, me and a friend have gotten as low as SIXTY.  Disgusting.  

Edited by Medane
Made some stronger points at the end.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the change to non endless missions.

I don't care about focus one bit, so if the change to how enemies spawn on these missions was aimed towards that it seems misguided. Just yesterday I completed a spy mission on Uranus with a total of 50 enemies killed. The entire map was empty. It was incredibly depressing; are you telling me they wouldn't send an intern or something if an entire swathe of a grineer facility just went silent?

I mean you could at least put a cap, say 250 or something. Slow the rate of spawns if doing stealth. If this change was directed at focus farming, then lower the amount of focus gained through stealth boosted affinity. As it stands now I barely achieve more than 150 kills and that's with letting them set the alarm on non endless missions. Running through countless empty tiles is not a fun warframe experience.

1 hour ago, DarthJundar said:

Go to the Pluto boss, let the alrams be set off, use an infinite stealth Loki or ivara, those bursas spawn a lot there 

That's what I was doing.  6 of the 28 bursas I killed were denial bursas.  I highly doubt that anyone with juggernauts or manics had to get 28 of those to spawn before they could complete the jar.

1 hour ago, horcruxpotter said:

How much do you get from a regular 4 round run in Draco? I got 5k focus :S What am I missing? Is there a special trick or something? Everyone claims Draco is better for focus farming now but I just can't see it.

do you have lenses on your warframe and weapons both? if it's just on your frame and you kill stuff with your weapons, you're not going to get much focus at all. if they're on your weapons and not on your frame, and you kill stuff with powers, you'll get none.

45 minutes ago, freeformline said:

All of my thanks for this! I've been hoping for this change since I started this game!

...why?

1 minute ago, djternan said:

That's what I was doing.  6 of the 28 bursas I killed were denial bursas.  I highly doubt that anyone with juggernauts or manics had to get 28 of those to spawn before they could complete the jar.

yeah, I can confirm it took at most 5 manics because I finished after 1 run of uranus

2 minutes ago, BreakingForce said:

do you have lenses on your warframe and weapons both? if it's just on your frame and you kill stuff with your weapons, you're not going to get much focus at all. if they're on your weapons and not on your frame, and you kill stuff with powers, you'll get none.

have 1 on my frame 1 on a weapon

1 minute ago, falseface said:

yeah, I can confirm it took at most 5 manics because I finished after 1 run of uranus

And with manics you're not even restricted to regular manics if you can use the ones from the Tyl Regor boss fight.

1 minute ago, falseface said:

have 1 on my frame 1 on a weapon

is that weapon the only weapon you have equipped?

also, people using how the game works to do something you didn't expect isn't an exploit, rebecca. It's just you guys getting outsmarted. 

PLEASE let us put the Sacred Vessel as a decoration in our ships after we finish the quest!!!

Also, BUGS:

- Lotus doesn't announce us anymore when mission objectives have changed.

- Enemies that are launched into the air by Excal's Radial Javelin don't get launched so much as float slowly upwards in a really weird way.

- During DAGGER stealth finishers I have noticed that enemies ragdoll before the animation actually finishes.

- LOTUS no longer tells us when the Juggernaut has moved on during Infested missions. Please bring that back, it was very good for pacing ourselves when we don't want to fight that thing.

- The portraits of Cephalons Simaris and Suda look a lot worse now. They are very bright and there is no hologram-like transparency to them. By contrast Ordis' portrait video looks a lot better now, it has a lot more detail to it.

- Please fix Salyx syandanna and Equinox Night Aspect's dress clipping through the torso and becoming stuck when rolling/performing parkour

- The Sun is a lot brighter in distant planets (Mars, Ceres, Pluto) than it is near Earth. I think that ought to be fixed.