Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Naramon shadow step should be.

Valkyrion

Before you guys get all salty, I'm also one of you guys in this bandwagon. Its my first Focus and i have my Shadow step at max level and i have Valkyr with War (that heavy blade melee weapon) to accompany it.
And seeing its true potential, i think it's pretty broken as its like sending all warframe into the school of the mustard race Loki, but better. I've seen many variations of nerf but i don't want a nerf, but a buff, BUT only in certain types of missions. And here's how i think it should be.

Make it Invisible only when you get a stealth kill on unalerted enemy. Like the Covert lethality mod which works the same way but in this case ofcourse for all melee weapons .... But make the Invisibility permanent and can only be disabled if you get damaged or you activated your warframe ability. There's an Immune from disabling your invisible for maybe 2-3 seconds after triggering an invisibility so you have to get out of line of fire or literally fire if you stepped on it.
This eliminates Total invisibility in long missions like survival because all enemies are alerted. But really benificial if you do some specific missions "stealthily" like spy or exterminate.
And one last thing, I think all Focus passive should be active at the start of the round to make this Shadow step viable while making love to other Focus schools too. (Waiting 3 minutes+ has obviously a high chance to alert enemies, so by then this change would be a nerf....)

TL;DR of what i'm saying, "IF YOU WANT TO BE LOKI, AT LEAST SHOW SOME SKILL BY USING ONLY YOUR WEAPONS AND NOT GETTING HIT"
There you go balanced as it is. Im sure this will be for the better. If you don't like it, you're spoiled...

It's not a bad idea, but wouldn't that pigeon hole it for frames that can trigger stealth finisher animations on their own? I'm talking about Excalibur (radial blind) Equinox (Pacify) Ivara (Sleep Arrow) Valkyr (Paralysis) Ash (Teleport) and Inaros (Desicate) they can all trigger the required stealth finishers for covert lethality and by extension naramon if it fell under the same mechanics.

Well, for you to get to that broken level you have to spend days ranking up the focus to get shadow step as well as mind spike mastery, which is days of work; it might as well be worth the time spent. Also, abusing the ability with blood rush and body count only means that you will limit your build choices; heck, you limit the weapons you use to crit weapons even without those mods.

I mean, yeah, it is a powerful ability, but so is Zenuriks energy regen. And besides, whats the difference between shadow step and going in with an invis Loki or Ash, or ult spam Excal and Valkyr or Wukongs Defy? It's just a new way to make the game easier; heck, people can finally take their favorite Hydroid builds into the T4's, and he is widely considered to not be endgame.

So, in my opinion, I say just to leave it, because there really isn't any point for changing it for the sake of game challenge when there is already numerous methods of play that almost break the game. Just add it to the pile of things people will use, get bored with and move on from.

Edited by R34LM