Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.5 + 18.5.5.1

[DE]Megan

This new hotfix just bugged my game. The warframes head are not attached to the body. I can't join any kind of missions, also can't be host and other players can't join me. All of this on PC. Ty for your time (: 

Edited by MSales93

4 minutes ago, EmVaper said:

Do not asume that you know how i play. I do not sit still i run around the map and kill stuff stealthy. Which is impossible once you have killed them because no more spawning. And when on alert no more stealth kills. So broken.

And for the spawning behind you. Never seen it or not a lot. And how does that break stealth play. Oh you play visible frame trying to kill stealthy. That is not stealth play to me at all.

The inability to spawn enemies after you have killed them all stealthily is most likely not intended. I did not know this was possible- though on a non endless mission, it both makes sense and there is no reason for you to be there once you complete the objective anyways. The enemies need not continue to spawn- because if you've been through the ENTIRE mission and killed EVERYONE, the objective is complete and you should be on your way to extraction anyways. Staying after that point to continue killing enemies is clearly trying to exploit something in the system anyways....

"oh you play visible frame trying to kill stealthy. That is nto stealth play to me at all." which means you only play loki, most likely abuse the stealth focus exploit that was patched, and believe sitting in front of something's face and not getting caught because of an ability is 'stealth'. That's not stealth, it's cheese. Stealth is sneaking around and not getting caught without the need for Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

The inability to spawn enemies after you have killed them all stealthily is most likely not intended. I did not know this was possible- though on a non endless mission, it both makes sense and there is no reason for you to be there once you complete the objective anyways. The enemies need not continue to spawn- because if you've been through the ENTIRE mission and killed EVERYONE, the objective is complete and you should be on your way to extraction anyways. Staying after that point to continue killing enemies is clearly trying to exploit something in the system anyways....

"oh you play visible frame trying to kill stealthy. That is nto stealth play to me at all." which means you only play loki, most likely abuse the stealth focus exploit that was patched, and believe sitting in front of something's face and not getting caught because of an ability is 'stealth'. That's not stealth, it's cheese. Stealth is sneaking around and not getting caught without the need for Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

Wait where did i say "im doing stealth kills"? i kill all the map with my inaros and after 15min waiting for check if they will respawn... NOTHING.  like i said "you just read and you dont play the game"

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Our team is very close to fixing this issue with the Simulor, and are investigating the Staticor.

Thanks for reporting! 

Thanks Megan, appreciate the update. I know it takes time to get back to people like this, but you should know we really appreciate being kept in the loop on these things. Helps lessen the frustration with these issues to know they are being worked on. I look forward to using my Simulor again soon!

9 minutes ago, zyzU400kg said:

Wait where did i say "im doing stealth kills"? i kill all the map with my inaros and after 15min waiting for check if they will respawn... NOTHING.  like i said "you just read and you dont play the game"

Where did you say you're doing stealth kills? Allow me to exactly quote your last reply and bold it for you:

"Do not asume that you know how i play. I do not sit still i run around the map and kill stuff stealthy. Which is impossible once you have killed them because no more spawning. And when on alert no more stealth kills. So broken.

And for the spawning behind you. Never seen it or not a lot. And how does that break stealth play. Oh you play visible frame trying to kill stealthy. That is not stealth play to me at all."

I was under the impression that this was happening in stealth runs for you. If you're alerting enemies and they're still not spawning AT ALL- then there is a problem, yes. I do play the game, I just do not do deception missions often as they don't really give you anything of value and offer very little fun.

5 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Where did you say you're doing stealth kills? Allow me to exactly quote your last reply and bold it for you:

"Do not asume that you know how i play. I do not sit still i run around the map and kill stuff stealthy. Which is impossible once you have killed them because no more spawning. And when on alert no more stealth kills. So broken.

And for the spawning behind you. Never seen it or not a lot. And how does that break stealth play. Oh you play visible frame trying to kill stealthy. That is not stealth play to me at all."

I was under the impression that this was happening in stealth runs for you. If you're alerting enemies and they're still not spawning AT ALL- then there is a problem, yes. I do play the game, I just do not do deception missions often as they don't really give you anything of value and offer very little fun.

Dude, now you are not reading... READ MY NAME and you will see the person who said "I do not sit still i run around the map and kill stuff stealthy" is the same person.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Fixed projectiles creating a Hit FX when shot through Volt’s Electric Shield.

I hope sound is still there....It feels awesome when bullets whistle through shield....

Still no fix for :  Volt's Shock not damaging "sensor bars".

It broke my Linuxframe! Setting it up was reasonably easy up until this patch. Now nothing works! A hotfix!

Sure sounds like a neat hotfix to play. I will get this running again, one way or an other.

Edited by Chaodiurn

1 hour ago, eminiclam said:

in case you all wonder, they already said that the lower spawns on deception/spy is intentional so...they can't fix what is not broken....

No but it's a stupid change.  I've posted again and again how this impacts everybody negatively and I refuse to touch warframe until this is properly undone.  This post is not about focus farming, but it is mentioned as it is the root of the problem.  I want to make it clear this change is for the worst for everybody.  

First of all, they nerfed spawns to 0 purely for focus, a system that not everybody uses and isn't a primary central tenant to the game.  If you don't see a problem here, then I'll explain it.

Tiles do not spawn enemies anymore once you clear them without being alerted.  This goes for with and without stealth.  Spawns are less than 18.5 in total and are not a slight impact that DE claims.  This impacts loot drops, mod drops, resource acquisition, and fundamentally, the core gameplay.  In sabotage, spy (deception I don't care because I'm not one to farm focus), you can clear the entire tileset in under 3 minutes and then run around doing the overly simple objectives.  Total kills?  Down to 60 with a fast stealth run not dedicated to min-maxing focus.  Before this was close to 150-200.  

The reason this is a bad change is because it punishes everybody when not everybody was using it.  It affects core progression and core gameplay because Warframe is about shooting guns and killing things.  No enemies = not using any of that to simply go to an objective  At that point it's a platformer/hacking minigame game and neither are very good.  We came here to play Warframe and shoot things with guns and smack things with swords until they gib.  This is one of the worst changes they could have implemented.  And you want to know what's the kicker?  If they just nerfed stealth affinity rates to 1/2 of what it is now (100%X5) or even (25%X10 to 250% max) we would not have any of these issues.  

People would still get higher affinity, farming is reduced, drawing out the "farm" DE wants to impose (I don't care as long as I get focus the same rate as pre-18.5 with non stealth) and people still get the same resource and mod drops and progression as before.  And, you're not running in empty sodding tilesets anymore either. 

So until this changes, I refuse to open warframe.  Empty tilesets are boring.  People saying "Oh it makes no sense for enemies to spawn continuously on a tileset," guess what, Warframe as a whole makes no sense.  Survival is one of the most contrived game elements ever, as is excavation (why are we assaulting in the middle of an outpost for buried treasure), and defense is hardly any better.  Despite not making sense, those modes are the most played because they are fun to some people.  This change isn't fun because you can't kill anything in other missions now with objectives that do NOT make up for the fun of killing things and will draw some players away and only give more reason to play infinite farm missions.  But for those who don't care about infinite kill fests, this is terrible.  Besides, there was a cap already; I never got the cap, but if DE and some players are not happy with people hitting the cap too frequently, then why don't they just change the cap?  Why affect the rest of the sodding game and make it worse for everyone?  

Edited by Medane
Clarity.

20 minutes ago, Medane said:

No but it's a stupid change.  I've posted again and again how this impacts everybody negatively and I refuse to touch warframe until this is properly undone.  This post is not about focus farming, but it is mentioned as it is the root of the problem.  I want to make it clear this change is for the worst for everybody.  

First of all, they nerfed spawns to 0 purely for focus, a system that not everybody uses and isn't a primary central tenant to the game.  If you don't see a problem here, then I'll explain it.

Tiles do not spawn enemies anymore once you clear them without being alerted.  This goes for with and without stealth.  Spawns are less than 18.5 in total and are not a slight impact that DE claims.  This impacts loot drops, mod drops, resource acquisition, and fundamentally, the core gameplay.  In sabotage, spy (deception I don't care because I'm not one to farm focus), you can clear the entire tileset in under 3 minutes and then run around doing the overly simple objectives.  Total kills?  Down to 60 with a fast stealth run not dedicated to min-maxing focus.  Before this was close to 150-200.  

The reason this is a bad change is because it punishes everybody when not everybody was using it.  It affects core progression and core gameplay because Warframe is about shooting guns and killing things.  No enemies = not using any of that to simply go to an objective  At that point it's a platformer/hacking minigame game and neither are very good.  We came here to play Warframe and shoot things with guns and smack things with swords until they gib.  This is one of the worst changes they could have implemented.  And you want to know what's the kicker?  If they just nerfed stealth affinity rates to 1/2 of what it is now (100%X5) or even (25%X10 to 250% max) we would not have any of these issues.  

People would still get higher affinity, farming is reduced, drawing out the "farm" DE wants to impose (I don't care as long as I get focus the same rate as pre-18.5 with non stealth) and people still get the same resource and mod drops and progression as before.  And, you're not running in empty sodding tilesets anymore either. 

So until this changes, I refuse to open warframe.  Empty tilesets are boring.  People saying "Oh it makes no sense for enemies to spawn continuously on a tileset," guess what, Warframe as a whole makes no sense.  Survival is one of the most contrived game elements ever, as is excavation (why are we assaulting in the middle of an outpost for buried treasure), and defense is hardly any better.  Despite not making sense, those modes are the most played because they are fun.  This change isn't fun because you can't kill anything in other missions now with objectives that do NOT make up for the fun of killing things.  Besides, there was a cap already; I never got the cap, but if DE and some players are not happy with people hitting the cap too frequently, then why don't they just change the cap?  Why affect the rest of the sodding game and make it worse for everyone?  

well you just said everything what i didnt want lose my time doing for who just read and dont play the game. But yah, all you are saying is true... Who DA F1ck just care about focus farming when we have FOCUS CAP?! Blind people dont understand. Sand of Inaros= Sand for Eyes/Face = you get blind looool

Edited by zyzU400kg

Well, I will state again, since the problems accompanying the update are being completely ignored by the more fortunate players, that I am unable to play Warframe after this update. I have tried everything within my power to get it up and running again, which in the past has worked for me. I walked away a few months back due to similar issues with the launcher (begining after U17), that is until a friend of mine stated that DE seemed to have addressed the issue. Now, not only has the launcher issue returned (i.e. constant crashing), I am completely unable to play the game due to the Evolution Engine crashing. No offense guys, but it's time to use major updates to focus on polish, not new content. Warframe is too far into developement to be suffering from such absurd bugs, both insignificant and significant.

I fully support DE as a development team, have had a blast playing Warframe and hope that these issues are ironed out, but until I see some genuine progress, I am going to have to walk.