Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe App caught in endless startup loop

PhoeniixFiire

I tried to load up the Warframe app today on my android phone (this is post 18.5.5.1) and it appears to be caught in an endless startup loop where it will be on the startup screen for a while, occassionally changing the text, and then eventually the app just restarts and does this again. I've waited for about 20-30min and still cannot open or use the app. There is no update through the Play Store either, so I know that's not the problem, and I've already tried restarting my phone. I'm thinking something about update 18.5 has messed up the app and when it realizes it can't load [insert thing it can't load here], it just restarts itself and tries again. I haven't used the app for a little while and this is the first time I've used it since 18.5 hit, so I'm not sure exactly which update may have caused the issue, or if it's an update issue at all. Perhaps the servers are having issues? I don't know, that's your job to figure out. I just thought you should know as it's very irritating to not be able to use it. The app is very ambitious and was a nice idea, but honestly it still has a lot of problems. Performance has always been bad, and it always takes forever to open anyway. Needless to say, when it comes to just viewing current alerts and such, Wardroid works leagues better, which is amazing since it doesn't have the backing of a huge company like DE. Please DE, fix your app.

Edit: Today I was actually able to login, so perhaps it was a server issue or something. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to look into this and some of the other issues (like items missing from foundry, performance problems, etc).

Edited by PhoeniixFiire

4 hours ago, Stolen1101 said:

Have you tried clearing your app data? The app is bugged such that it doesn't load properly when it is opened a second time after logging in on the first time.

No, because I shouldn't have to do that to get the app to work. You said yourself, the app is bugged, so they need to fix it. This is a bug report after all. If I wanted a quick fix I would have contacted support, but no, I want a permanent solution and their app is quite buggy.

4 hours ago, InglriousB said:

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Are you logged in on your pc when trying to acces the app? 

No and no. I shouldn't have to reinstall the app, and I was at work so I definitely wasn't logged in on my pc. As I said above, I'm not looking for a quick fix but a permanent solution, as in DE actually updating the app. It needs a lot of work, but this is definitely a major issue.