Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HOW TO: Claim Livestream Platinum Prizes

[DE]Danielle

[Thread written by Community Moderator / Senior Guide NovusNova]

Hello fellow Tenno! Decided to make this guide after receiving multiple private messages and seeing multiple threads on how to claim plat prizes during official Warframe streams. Please remember to refer to the images in the spoilers for more information.

Please Note: To be entered into a Platinum give-away on the Warframe Twitch Channel, all you have to do is log into Twitch and watch the stream. Despite what you may see in chat, there is NO requirement to post anything in chat. 

Step 1:
If your Twitch name is called out on a official Warframe livestream (Xbox 1 @ 1 / PS4 @ 4 / Primetime / Devstream), you will need to message the Warframe channel with your in-game alias and the platform you play on (PC, XB1, or PS4). To send a message go to your "Messages" by clicking on your profile at the bottom left of the window:

Spoiler

plat1.jpg

Step 2: 
Once in your messenger, click on "New Message":

Spoiler

new message.PNG

Step 3:
Send a nice message to the "warframe" account with your in-game alias and the platform you play on. Once you've done that click "send":

Spoiler

messages.PNG

Step 4:
Be patient, once the message has been sent all you need to do is wait patiently and give [DE]Aidan time to dish out the goods. You should have your plat within 24 hours provided there are no emergency issues at DE. If you believe you have been forgotten and it has been 3-4 plat-less days, then it might be a good idea to contact [DE]Bear on the Forums for an update on the situation since no one likes having platinum in limbo.

Step 5: 
Enjoy your winnings, Tenno! :platinum::platinum::platinum: 

Nice to see an official forum post about this, but a small blurb about it on the twitch page could really help too.  Every stream there are a couple dozen people asking how to sign up to win plat and I try to whisper them that being in chat is all they need to do.  I've even msg'ed @warframe on the twitch channel a few times about adding it into the guidelines section on the twitch info page, but they get so many messages they must have missed it.

On 12.3.2016 at 1:07 AM, Xekrin said:

Nice to see an official forum post about this, but a small blurb about it on the twitch page could really help too.

Also, one thing I'm missing again in this guide is the information whether or not you have to connect your Twitch account with your Facebook account (because you have to if you want to write in chat). I'd assume (based on the information given) that you don't have to, but nevertheless I'd like a definitive answer.

36 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Also, one thing I'm missing again in this guide is the information whether or not you have to connect your Twitch account with your Facebook account (because you have to if you want to write in chat). I'd assume (based on the information given) that you don't have to, but nevertheless I'd like a definitive answer.

To chat, you have the link your facebook and twitch.

To be eligible for the plat prize, you do not need to link twitch with Facebook, all it requires is that you are logged into your twitch account and watching the stream, as the twitch picker goes through the twitch accounts watching the stream.

On 3/10/2016 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

atd00hT.jpg

Step 4:
Be patient, once the message has been sent all you need to do is wait patiently and give [DE] "Ember Prime Ginga Ninja" Megan time to dish out the goods. You should have your plat within 24 hours provided there are no emergency issues at DE. If you believe you have been forgotten and it has been 3-4 plat-less days, then if might be a good idea to contact [DE]Megan on the Forums for an update on the situation since no one likes having platinum in limbo.

I would like to point out the Typo in this :x
It's not world ending or anything, but it bothers me >.>

" then if might be a good idea to contact [DE]Megan"

"if"

I haven't won anything ever..but I was watching on my cell phone and couldn't figure out how I would claim if I did win....The gear button isn't on the twitch app.If it is I cannot find it.Would be great if you could do a how to for people watching on android.With pictures....I know it has to be something simple that I am just missing. I just don't know what.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/04/2016 at 4:16 PM, Praetorveel said:

I agree about being forced to have facebook to participate in chat.  I neither need nor want facebook but would still like to be included in the twitch chat.  

If it may comfort you, I won a prize witjout login in with Facebook. I just had my regular Twitch account, so I wasn't able to post anything in chat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2016 at 11:37 PM, -WBA-Sra.Hell said:

This platinum can be used to trade?

Platinum obtained from Prime Time and Devstream giveaways is un-tradeable. The is also true for platinum gained from contests and the 50 platinum that you get when you start a new account.

Basically, pretty much any platinum given out by DE is un-tradeable.

Archived