Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polishing Oberon

Flackenstien

Okay I know that even if DE reads our ideas it would be a very long while before they are implemented.While meddling with Oberon for the pass few days I have come up with a build that utilizes all of oberon's abilities and doesnt so in a way that focus on damage and crowd control.So in the meanwhile while we wait for some change to happen to oberon you guys should try this out build: Rejuvenation,Cunning Drift,Vitality,Fleeting Expertise,Streamline(70% efficiency),Transient Fortitude,Intensify,Flow,Hallowed Eruption and Stretch.This can be used for damage at lower levels and at higher levels each of your abilities except Renewal(ofc) has a 100% chance to proc confusion.Power Strength is not only important for lower levels it is also important for the number of orbs from smite and the health regen for renewal since the duration is very low.When I rank up prime flow i hope to replace streamline or fleeting with another mod that would more benefit oberon. I hope you guys like it :-)

26 minutes ago, Flackenstien said:

If my changes weren't enough, don't just say they aren't and end it there. Tell me why they aren't enough.

Already did.  All I'm saying is flag up Blessing more, saying that until it's nerfed, Oberon will still be massively underutilsed.

17 hours ago, Fifield said:

Secondly, Trinity is stupidly OP.

The simple change is that Renewal gets Trinity's damage reduction.

"Trinity is OP, so let's bring Renewal up to Blessing levels"

so in other words

"Make Renewal OP"

?

17 hours ago, Fifield said:

You've done nothing to fix this, and it's the absolute core of why he isn't used.

1st off, he is used, just not in sortie level play.

2nd, this is not entirely because he lacks blessing op-ness, but more because none of his abilities scale very far into late game. Remember, he is not just a healer, but also a caster/damage dealer. and Caster abilities tend to have damage that doesn't scale very well. He has CC, but only so much of it. and much of it comes from ulti-spam.

and 3rd, yeah, OP doesn't fix the con: it will still be outshined by Blessing. it always will. that's how it should be. He's only 1/2-1/3 healer (depending on if you want to call him part tank or not).

Though, your post did bring up a point I missed: One of the biggest problems facing Hallowed ground right now is that it's buffs aren't worth standing still in one spot. With snowglobe, its justified: bubble takes damage for you. But with hallowed ground: cc-immunity will only do so much against bullets, and armour buff completely leaves out Shield-focused frames, like the up-coming mag-rework.

perhaps change armour buff to flat damage resistance? Value would have to be fiddled with...but it could be something.

1 hour ago, chainchompguy3 said:

""Make Renewal OP"

Since you have to be OP (or be best at some other role) to be used in Warframe, yes.

1st off, he is used, just not in sortie level play.

Not in Raids, not in Tower Defence, not in Draco, not in farming.

If you don't have a role in Warframe, you don't get used.   When DE released figures last year, he was something like 4th least used frame.

and 3rd, yeah, OP doesn't fix the con: it will still be outshined by Blessing. it always will. that's how it should be. He's only 1/2-1/3 healer (depending on if you want to call him part tank or not).e? Value would have to be fiddled with...but it could be something.

Trinity is only half-healer -- her main role is EV.  Your point is redundant.

1 hour ago, Fifield said:

Trinity is only half-healer -- her main role is EV.  Your point is redundant.

Trinity is 100% support/healer. EV is support. Your counterpoint is null.

2 hours ago, Fifield said:

Not in Raids, not in Tower Defence, not in Draco, not in farming.

raids=high level content. Defense goes into high levels the later you stay. My point exactly.

As for farming, when you focus solely on DPS so you can Farm the most efficient (which is what you tend to do when farming: make farming more efficient), Oberon lacks raw numbers, and is thus not used. One sect of the populous who simply play the game differently.

2 hours ago, Fifield said:

Since you have to be OP (or be best at some other role) to be used in Warframe, yes.

If you don't have a role in Warframe, you don't get used.   When DE released figures last year, he was something like 4th least used frame.

Things do not have to be above the power curve to see use. A fine example are the weapons. The Tonkor is often seen as the go-to pick of a weapon, yet in my last 20 games, I've only seen 3 tonkors, while seeing a mix of bows, rifles, snipers, melee, and launchers the rest of the time.  There are other ways to play the game, besides choosing the agreed OP gear.

As for role: Excalibur is a damage dealer/semi-tanky/CC-spamming mix: his role is very fluid. Yet he is one of the most used frames since his rework. He is even one of the go-to's when it comes to sorites, as he can blind large groups, or use scaling-with-melee-mods exhalted blade to focus on damage.

Meanwhile: Hydroid has a VERY defined role: he is a CC mage. With a knockdown/ragdoll on near every ability, and ALL of them having some degree of AOE, there is little to mistake about his role. yet, he is one of the least used frames. why so serious. maybe because his CC isn't so hot: being only a brief knockdown (sounds like smite/reckoning), and having a skill that limits player mobility without giving enough compensation (sounds like Hallowed ground)...

people don't use frames because they don't like them (or don't like them as much as they do another). Maybe they need reworks/polish. Maybe like this thread. Polishing Oberon.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 3/18/2016 at 3:54 PM, (XB1)KickassNinja14 said:

Your ideas are nice but they do too much and the buffs are unreal if this rework happens Oberon will get needed within days.like they 440% efficiency thing with quick thinking and smite healing allies of 1500 health.that would make him better than every frame that he copies

Yeah, I figured. Still working out the stat tweaks to make it less imba. I'd rather make him too strong initially and reducing his effectiveness gradually than making him too weak, you know? Throw some ideas that work and tweak numbers later.

Trinity is 100% support/healer. EV is support. Your counterpoint is null.

100% EVer, 100% healer, 100% invulnerability provider.

There are only 8 roles in the game and you want to give 3 of them to Trinity.

Your understanding of the most basic criterion of balancing Warframe is null.

1 hour ago, Fifield said:

100% EVer, 100% healer, 100% invulnerability provider.

There are only 8 roles in the game and you want to give 3 of them to Trinity.

Your understanding of the most basic criterion of balancing Warframe is null.

Holy trinity: Support, Tank, Damage dealer.

Sub-categories of each include CC provider, Buff-er, Burst damage, Healer, etc.

EV is akin to Ammo-supplier (subcategory of support).

Well of life is Healer (Subcategory of support)

Blessing is Buff-er / Healer (both subcategories of, you guessed it, support).

Link is a self-serving Defensive skill, being more of a general tank skill.

So, yes, you have a point: Trinity is not entirely support/healer: She's 100% a "combat medic", since she has a skill used to keep her in the middle of the action.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by chainchompguy3
Capitalization

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, adsahdfsjyfsduagsi said:

Oberon looks weird too , big torso and head but noodle arms , they should make his torso like in the feryach skin ( without the details just the size ) it just looks creepy and weird that his arms supposedly can lift a mace (just triggers me a bit ) no big deal tho .

This thread is like.. Several years old..