Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are the tennogen skins releasing into the game ?

Rubric11

Just now, Rubric11 said:

I want to buy that mag skin :)

Some are already in the game , make sure you have the steam launcher. (but if you mean the ones from the devs stream? no idea)

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

13 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

some are already in game market through steam, but I think what you mean is that "when will it be sold with platinum currency" is it?

It will never be sold for platinum currency. These are steam development items for a game. They don't belong to warframe it self. And DE get money of the helmets items, because steam does. So don't expect a change in that.

typo

1 minute ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

It will never be sold for platinum currency. These are steam development items for a game. They don't belong to warframe it self. And DE get money of the helmets items, because steam does. So don't expect a change in that.

but earlier tennogen skins are sold in platinum currency, example ; Magnus and Akmagnus Hivelight Camo which is created by Verifitas.

4 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

but earlier tennogen skins are sold in platinum currency, example ; Magnus and Akmagnus Hivelight Camo which is created by Verifitas.

But they weren't sold for money in the first place.

fail

10 minutes ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

But they weren't sold for money in the first place.

then, now is just all about the money huh?

making skins for in game income, so shame (T^T) and I didn't mean the payment thing but the motivation for some people..

18 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

making skins for in game income, so shame (T^T) and I didn't mean the payment thing but the motivation for some people..

Why do you think we have a chinese version of the game? why do you think DE has sold nearly the whole company to investors?

2 minutes ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

Why do you think we have a chinese version of the game? why do you think DE has sold nearly the whole company to investors?

because... they need money~ huehuehuehue

everything make sense now! *holy sound*

I would still feel shame if I was the one who joined tennogen skin contest and won for the sake of my motivation(money)... it just doesn't feel like a game anymore, receiving some money out of ourselves effort does feels nice I admit... hehe

2 hours ago, reverb6 said:

I would still feel shame if I was the one who joined tennogen skin contest and won for the sake of my motivation(money)... it just doesn't feel like a game anymore, receiving some money out of ourselves effort does feels nice I admit... hehe

Yeah, having a job and being paid for your work feels good ^^ But if you think you will still feel shame try to research a bit how much the softwares and hardware equipment that you need to make a tennogen item (with the quality of those being chosen for wave2) will cost you. If that's not enough try taking in consideration how much it will cost for all the education you need (in time alone, not even money) to be able to make something like that. Nobody with no passion is crazy enough to even try and the ones who are will never make it that far.

Please stop this nonsense of developers and artists making something just for the money, do you really expect that people will start working on a game like this and let themselves die in a week with no food or a home for the sake of letting you play the space ninja for free? How much that's going to last? ^^

The truth is that you need money just to host this forum alone, hell you need money just to be online and read this conversation. So please let's stop pretend that artists and developers can really make games only for the glory because nobody can, not at this level.

I'm sorry though, i've taken your post as a starting point but i can understand your point of view actually. I would never reply to this if i wasn't really passionate as an artist and developer myself ;) I hope to help you change your point of view, maybe in the future if not now.

Oh btw yeah it's mid April XD go buy Hagoromo too and wait for Alata in the future :P

6 hours ago, reverb6 said:

With the current Tennogen items, the creators earn a flat percent of the money used to buy them. How would this work with the standard plat purchases? You would have to declare your intention for the plat you are buying or have DE use some complex reimbursement system to pay the creators. It is easier to do it through Steam. I suspect that DE bought the "first" Tennogen items from their creators. However, that doesn't spur development from the community well enough. It's not a matter of selfishness and such, just simplicity.

6 hours ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

There is a Chinese version because the Chinese market is booming. Like it or not they will be the focus of the global economy for some time. Also, you are dramatically exaggerating the whole thing.

Also you can't just translate a game and publish it on another country. In China there's a strong censorship policy and lots of things you're in which you're restricted, the same game might look completely different for another country so you can't just have the same client.

If we go back to the previous argument why are you publishing a game to begin with if not to make people play it? ...most people is in China ^^

The whole "evil cause of money" debate is really short sighted.

They just need to make those steam workshop items trade-able via game, thus people who uses steam can just buy a bunch of them and trade them for plat or other in game items (prime parts, Arcane helmets, etc). This way no one will complain, not the creators, not steam, not DE. as the percentage each side get will still be the same as it is. and it would in theory increase the amount of those items being bought.

26 minutes ago, RagnaEternalCurse said:

They just need to make those steam workshop items trade-able via game, thus people who uses steam can just buy a bunch of them and trade them for plat or other in game items (prime parts, Arcane helmets, etc). This way no one will complain, not the creators, not steam, not DE. as the percentage each side get will still be the same as it is. and it would in theory increase the amount of those items being bought.

No, there would be no profit gain from either side if that was the case.

Edited by KJRenz

10 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Yeah, having a job and being paid for your work feels good ^^ But if you think you will still feel shame try to research a bit how much the softwares and hardware equipment that you need to make a tennogen item (with the quality of those being chosen for wave2) will cost you. If that's not enough try taking in consideration how much it will cost for all the education you need (in time alone, not even money) to be able to make something like that. Nobody with no passion is crazy enough to even try and the ones who are will never make it that far.

Please stop this nonsense of developers and artists making something just for the money, do you really expect that people will start working on a game like this and let themselves die in a week with no food or a home for the sake of letting you play the space ninja for free? How much that's going to last? ^^

The truth is that you need money just to host this forum alone, hell you need money just to be online and read this conversation. So please let's stop pretend that artists and developers can really make games only for the glory because nobody can, not at this level.

I'm sorry though, i've taken your post as a starting point but i can understand your point of view actually. I would never reply to this if i wasn't really passionate as an artist and developer myself ;) I hope to help you change your point of view, maybe in the future if not now.

Oh btw yeah it's mid April XD go buy Hagoromo too and wait for Alata in the future :P

I wasn't trying to offend anyone though, but it feels nice to receive a better explanation from a guy like you :D

I get your point, thanks :3

I really appreciate it much and yeah... the world today really asked people to do something to get money to get something they need (T^T)

Life is unfair(?) oh wait, life is... a gift... XD

12 hours ago, KJRenz said:

No, there would be no profit gain from either side if that was the case.

How exactly will there be no profit? the items will still be required to be bought via steam in the first place thus the profit the creators and steam get will still be there. Making them tradeable will allow those who don't use steam to have a way to obtain them without affecting the income of steam/creators from said items. Since the people that will trade for them had no access to said item to begin with. It's actually the opposite of what you said it will increase the profit. As currently the players in steam has no reason to buy extras of said items if they already have them, but by making them tradable the reason will appear which is " ow, I can trade this skin/helmet with a person who doesn't have steam for something valueable (Arcane helmets, prime sets, special mods etc) then buy another one for myself".

5 hours ago, RagnaEternalCurse said:

How exactly will there be no profit? the items will still be required to be bought via steam in the first place thus the profit the creators and steam get will still be there. Making them tradeable will allow those who don't use steam to have a way to obtain them without affecting the income of steam/creators from said items. Since the people that will trade for them had no access to said item to begin with. It's actually the opposite of what you said it will increase the profit. As currently the players in steam has no reason to buy extras of said items if they already have them, but by making them tradable the reason will appear which is " ow, I can trade this skin/helmet with a person who doesn't have steam for something valueable (Arcane helmets, prime sets, special mods etc) then buy another one for myself".

Because in the long run, once there's enough Tennogen cosmetics owned by players, there would be no reason to buy more. Just ask in trade chat and there you go. No money is earned for the content creators/steam/DE. 

1 hour ago, KJRenz said:

Because in the long run, once there's enough Tennogen cosmetics owned by players, there would be no reason to buy more. Just ask in trade chat and there you go. No money is earned for the content creators/steam/DE. 

Even in a long run, it won't, since as I said the cosmetic are still going to required being bought via steam first of all.
you say after a long run, there will be no reason to buy more, that's might be true, but does that mean they lost money? no, it just mean they got that money in an earlier time.

let me make it even simple so you don't misunderstand. each steam workshop piece of cosmetic has a fixed price in each currency used in steam,  and the % the creators/Steam/DE get from the sales on those cosmetics are fixed as well. I don't know what the %  Steam or DE get but I think the creator get 30% of the sales of his creation.
So for a example I will use one of the skin. so let see the Mag Knaita skin is for $4.99 (I will count at as $5 so make is simpler to do the calculations) so we have this skin that is sold for $5, so for the duration of a year, only 1000 purchases of this skin have been done by accounts whom their steam currency is $, ok,
so that's (5 * 1000 = 5000), $5000 that's the income on this skin, so the creator gets 30% of that, so it's 30% of $5000 which is $1500. The creator gets $1500 from his creation.
Does it matter if that duration changed ? it doesn't, as long the amount of purchases of the item are still the same. which is what making them trade-able will do, it will only affect the duration at which the purchase have been done and it was done by whom, so instead of those purchases happening over a year they will happen let say over 10 months and instead of someone named Mike doing One of the purchase, someone named John would have done two Purchases.

Now the matter of what the people trade for that skin with the person who bought it shouldn't matter to anyone other than those involved in the trade. since the creator/steam/DE already get their cut from the sales of said item. It is  between the people trading them. so obviously unless Steam/creators/DE are being envious they wouldn't have a problem with this. cause as in the example I given those players bought that Knaita skin for $5  and now they have traded it to another player  for let say 1000 Platinum.
($5 = 75 Platinum, 1000 Platinum =  $50) is this trade fair? it's not, but since both side of the trade agreed, other people has no right to complain.

There is no reason to refuse to allow them to be trade-able, other than, for Steam, the creators, or even DE,  being envious of other people making profit even though it doesn't affect their owns which isn't something strange, it just mean they are simply human.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem if other don't agree with me,  I'm just giving out a proper solution at which allows the whole player base to enjoy those cosmetics without making any side lose what they deserve.
I hope that make you understand what I'm trying to say. 

Edited by RagnaEternalCurse

1 minute ago, RagnaEternalCurse said:

Even in a long run, it won't, since as I said the cosmetic are still going to required being bought via steam first of all.
you say after a long run, there will be no reason to buy more, that's might be true, but does that mean they lost money? no, it just mean they got that money in an earlier time.

let me make it even simple so you don't misunderstand. each steam workshop piece of cosmetic has a fixed price in each currency used in steam,  and the % the creators/Steam/DE get from the sales on those cosmetics are fixed as well. I don't know what the %  Steam or DE get but I think the creator get 30% of the sales of his creation.
So for a example I will use one of the skin. so let see the Mag Knaita skin is for $4.99 (I will count at as $5 so make is simpler to do the calculations) so we have this skin that is sold for $5, so for the duration of a year, only 1000 purchases of this skin have been done by accounts whom their steam currency is $, ok,
so that's (5 * 1000 = 5000), $5000 that's the income on this skin, so the creator gets 30% of that, so it's 30% of $5000 which is $1500. The creator gets $1500 from his creation.
Does it matter if that duration changed ? it doesn't, as long the amount of purchases of the item are still the same. which is what making them trade-able will do, it will only affect the duration at which the purchase have been done and it was done by whom, so instead of those purchases happening over a year they will happen let say over 10 months and instead of someone named Mike doing One of the purchase, someone named John would have done two Purchases.

Now the matter of what the people trade for that skin with the person who bought it shouldn't matter to anyone other than those involved in the trade. since the creator/steam/DE already get their cut from the sales of said item. It is  between the people trading them. so obviously unless Steam/creators/DE are being envious they wouldn't have a problem with this. cause as in the example I given those players bought that Knaita skin for $5  and now they have traded it to another player  for let say 1000 Platinum.
($5 = 75 Platinum, 1000 Platinum =  $50) is this trade fair? it's not, but since both side of the trade agreed, other people has no right to complain.
Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem if other don't agree with me,  I'm just giving out a proper solution at which allows the whole player base to enjoy those cosmetics without making any side lose what they deserve.

There is no reason to refuse to allow them to be trade-able, except for  Steam or the creators being  envious of other people making profit even though it doesn't affect their owns which isn't something strange, it just mean they are simply human.
I hope that make you understand what I'm trying to say. 

It's good that you brought up the US currency, because here's the problem.

Prices vary between regions. For instance in Russia, an item that costs $6 is priced at about $2 in local currency (150RUB). It'll be much cheaper to just buy the items from Russian players who pay 66% less and that's a huge difference.