The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe should have a weather system

Techoo

The levels in warframe would have more veriaty and feel more fresh with a weather system. Imagine blizzards on the snow levels, or rainstorms on earth, or sandstorms on the desert levels. A daysycle would help to spice things up to. 

Not sure how technical possible that would be.

It also sounds like something that could need a considerable amount of work to be created. So don't get your hopes up for it to become a thing.

But from a purely atmospheric perspective it could be quite nice. Especialy for quests or events.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:42 PM, Othergrunty said:

Not sure how technical possible that would be.

It also sounds like something that could need a considerable amount of work to be created. So don't get your hopes up for it to become a thing.

But from a purely atmospheric perspective it could be quite nice. Especialy for quests or events.

Be fairly easy if I remember my programming lessons right.  You would just need to add the effects to select tiles (the outdoors ones) and make sure they're consistent with in the session.  It wouldn't be too unlike adding a purely cosmetic environmental hazard to select tiles.

I suppose you'd need to take into consideration the potato run computers and how the addition of the weather would effect them. Simple weather on/off setting would certainly go far.

Also as much as i approve of this whole thing, i just know there's that one person, that one person who will take it too far and demand that rain weaken Ember's fire skills and fire effects in general and water/rain increases electricity based skills, i can feel it in me bones.