The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon stats in nexus are buffed (hint of damage 3.0 change?)

Rekkou

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

R.I.P. in peace dread.

RIP stands for "Rest in Peace".  FYI :P

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

My bet is that it is a glitch related to critical damage. Notice how all of the "crit" weapons have much higher damage? Maybe the Nexus app is glitching and calculating crit damage into some of the regular damage numbers.

Or the plan is that crits will be genuinely random in the new system.  Without the ability to auto-crit, or reduced chance to crit, weapons that depend on it in the current system need a larger damage boost to stay relevant. 

6 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

My bet is that it is a glitch related to critical damage. Notice how all of the "crit" weapons have much higher damage? Maybe the Nexus app is glitching and calculating crit damage into some of the regular damage numbers.

This actually seems very possible.

But it doesnt explain the heavy crit nerf to bows :(

Interesting indeed. But why buffs thou? Will it be because some weapons might be un-usable with multishot & cant keep up with ammo? I dont know. Im not liking it so far. Best thing to do is include multishot in the last 5 lvls of leveling a weapon. Because everyone will still use em if it actually does consume ammo. 

I'll admit I'm a little worried about what's to come, especially with the bows having a decreased crit chance, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

What I'm excited for though is that Vaykor Hek buff, finally moving it from side-grade to upgrade. ...Though does the Sancti Tigris really need more damage? It's already the hardest hitting shot gun as is.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

R.I.P. in peace dread.

Rest In Peace is what R.I.P. means. You seriously just said Rest In Peace in peace dread. *facepalm* Is this something people don't know anymore? At any rate, a higher base damage on all the bows means that when they DO crit it'll be massive. They might not red crit anymore without ALL the crit mods, including argon scope on them anymore, but dear god, that's gonna be amazing. Point Strike + Critical Delay + Argon Scope + Vital Sense + Hammer Shot + Bladed Rounds = blows a hole in the universe. That's a what 82% crit chance on a 25% base bow?

Edited by NDarkstar

5 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Doesn't seem to be possible because Nexus app is basically just a codex with picture and text. At most it's directly linked to DE's build, at least it's just a copy-paste work. If it's a calculating glitch, then the damage change will change appropriately based on crit chance and damage. Yet Daikyu is buffed significantly compared to Latron Prime, Latron Prime has equal 15% crit chance and higher crit damage but only buffed from 85 to 103. Opticor also gets buffed from 1000 to 2300, despite having 15% crit chance and 2x crit damage. Synpase and Amprex also doesn't change much despite having equal crit chance and damage with Dread, and their crit chance are still 50% in Nexus.

So far it doesn't seem to be a glitch, because you can see that there are some intention of re-balancing the weapons, with focus on bows.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

On that day ...lots and lots of complaining will occur lol

Oh, that will happen long before that day comes.  People only see what's right in front of them - they never make any attempt to reason why changes might be made.  Hyperbole is as cheap as common sense is rare on game forums.  In short, Einstein was right.

It's no wonder DE says they read our threads, but act on nearly none of them.

Edited by Littleman88

9 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Oh, that will happen long before that day comes. 

TVTropes is right:

• They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A common complaint of many players after the new Damage 2.0 mechanic was introduced in Update 11. For the most part, complaints have subsided once players figured out the new damage systemexternal_link.gif and its increased focus on faction-specific loadouts and elemental combinations.
    • Also a common reaction to the new UI introduced in update 14, with the common complaint being that most menus now take an extra click or two to access.
    • Again with the new mod appearance in 14.5. The common consensus is that they look pretty but make it harder to find what you needed.
    • In fact, pretty much ANY big update provokes this in spades, especially before the bugs get fixed.

It seems we will have to add another point to it. And you have 2308 Likes and 2308 Posts.

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Oh, that will happen long before that day comes.  People only see what's right in front of them - they never make any attempt to reason why changes might be made.  Hyperbole is as cheap as common sense is rare on game forums.  In short, Einstein was right.

It's no wonder DE says they read our threads, but act on nearly none of them.

You have to admit some times the people themselves font know what they want lol.