Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landing Craft Scanner

SnuggleBuckets

I'm sure someone else has had this idea before, but it would be a nice tiny touch if the scanner on your ship broadcasting passive transmissions, which you can turn on or off whenever you feel like it close to the bridge, would have some transmissions that gave us the alerts. Now you simply get the fleeting text notification on the right side of the screen, with the occasional reminder from Lotus that a new alert has begun, check your navigation.

But it would be cool if DE would record a few radio transmissions explaining the nature of the alert missions, someone sending secret SOS signals (rescue missions, maybe telling quickly if they're held by Corpus or Grineer forces), some friendlies telling that they lost vital cargo in a location and more specific enemy forces are en route (defence missions), Corpus and Grineer trumpeting their bounty rewards for anyone willing to do their dirty work (invasions), eavesdropping on a transmission reporting where they've stored some info/codes whatever (spy missions) etc etc. Simply have the transmissions play when the alerts show up, so that if you do have your scanner on, you can hear it as well as read the quick alert message.

It would be repetitive sure, but so are the scanner transmissions in general, and it's optional whether you want them turned on or off in your landing craft. It would be nice to be able to hear the nature of the alerts when I'm not paying attention to the right corner of my screen.
And I think it would add some more atmosphere to your ship, picking up transmissions on your scanner that you can act upon, giving you stuff to do, feeds into the feeling that you can be an opportunistical mercenary/treasure hunter with a golden heart like any of your favourite Han Solos & Malcolm Reynolds'.