The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Sentinels

-NEO-Roguelike

I am using Carrier, since life is too short to collect loot myself. Also it is primed version with reactor and stuff. There is no way i will play Warframe without auto loot collection. It is basic thing as jumping. Not special abillity.

I sometimes use shade, but not because his cover ability is good or even working as expected, but because it dont shot things at sight.

Suggestion how to improve everything:

1. Make shoting pattern neutral for sentinels so we can program our sentinels to fight as we want. Like: shot nearest enemy , shot same target as owner, fire at will, shot in defence...
  2. Introduce Warframe Exilus Loot Hoarded mod, so we can just grab loot collecting on warframe and mess with sentinels as we wish.
  3. Introduce gear "Repair Kit" which restores our sentinel (5m cooldown). Since that stupid thing keep dieying from no reason.
Edited by felixsylvaris

what is the problem anyway it doesnt matter of someone uses carrier its not like you miss out of the loot its still there for you to pickup any  sentinel and any kubrow with animal instinct  you see the loot i use all sorts when doing missions carrier mostly if im doing a invasions helios or huras  most other times

59 minutes ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

Yeah for maybe a light player but a heavy player shouldn't need resources that arent rare . And if they do go farming for rare loot than carrier is a utility not a necessity.  Either way I'm more of a go big or go home and after an hour carrier goes home lol so I take chesa XD that disarm is amazing late game.

Regarding Archwing and fomorian threat we are talking about International System of Units which means metric system. The radius that a warframe can loot is approx 3 meters -- on each direction. So it consist of an area larger than my bedroom: 6x6 meters -- which is HUGE area that a warframe can loot by itself. With carrier and vacuum skill the loot area its much larger.

As we know, Warframe is like Pokemon; you gotto get them all. And we are talking about farming. So would I chose Helios that uses 100 codex scans and 100 synthesis scans for rocks and other irrelevant stuff while failing to scan an acolyte that I'm after OR would I use carrier and vacuum to loot life support modules and pokemon stuff such as oberon parts from a distance that I can focus on the fight and sell the looted parts for credits...

I say the utility of the sentinels is horrible. Just horrible.

Edited by carnaga
corrections

3 minutes ago, carnaga said:

Regarding Archwing and fomorian threat we are talking about International System of Units which means metric system. The radius that a warframe can loot is approx 3 meters -- on each direction. So it consist of an area larger than my bedroom: 6x6 meters -- which is HUGE area that a warframe can loot by itself. With carrier and vacuum skill the loot area its much larger.

As we know, Warframe is like Pokemon; you gotto get them all. And we are talking about farming. So would I chose Helios that uses 100 codex scans and 100 synthesis scans for rocks and other irrelevant stuff scanning the acolyte I'm after OR would I use carrier and vacuum to loot life support modules and pokemon stuff such as oberon parts from a distance that I can focus on the fight and sell the looted parts for credits...

I say the utility of the sentinels is horrible. Just horrible.

I...don't have an argument that was a very solid statement lol. 

I main Carrier to pick up the loot (and life support).

Not because I need it (after 3 years don't need a lot), but to keep it clear of the ground and my mini-map. I use the Vulklok with it too because I want it to shoot rarely, but actually kill what it's shooting at when it does instead of constantly firing and doing almost nothing.

I don't really care too much about what the other sentinels can do for combat because I don't need the sentinel. If it dies, oh well, I'm not gonna purposely waste a revive to bring it back.

Edited by Maicael

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this has all been said before. the only way I can see a rework being done is if all Sentinels get Vacuum as a Passive, and Carrier has a new skill.

since it's called "Carrier", why not have it actually pick up and hold ammo for us until we need it? it could refill our reserve ammo as we use it up, we already have Health, Energy, and Shield regen, so why not ammo regen? of course, carrier would only regen ammo if it has picked some up, so you would still need Ammo Mutation to give more to your Carrier, and allow it to regen ammo for you.

that's what I would do anyway.

great idea imo

Djinn have a good concept but dont works against targets with guns, when he attract enemies everybody shoot in him and instantaneously die =/ , shade s terrible, he loose invisibility so easy, huras do the same much better, wyrm im really dont know, have few exp with him, diriga and helios are great , my favorites sentinels , death cube need much more power and carrier s for lazy peoples 

Edited by (PS4)xKAIOWAx

Only problem I have with sentinels is the way their weapons using regular mods is dealt with. I can rank up another split chamber for the volklok and laser rifle sure, but I have no idea which one is being used for my sentinels or regular guns. I'd like to see the ability to lock a mod to either be used specifically for sentinels or regular weapons. Then I would definitely be using my sentinels more often if that was the case.

I use Djinn w/vulklok (max fire rate)for ODD. Other than that one situation, I run carrier. Sasha kubrow conpletely bugged on me during my last mission and would not pick up any drops. 

Making vacuum a universal mod and making carrier store surplus ammo/energy/health would make it more useful and allow for additional build diversity.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Djinn have a good concept but dont works against targets with guns, when he attract enemies everybody shoot in him and instantaneously die =/ , shade s terrible, he loose invisibility so easy, huras do the same much better, wyrm im really dont know, have few exp with him, diriga and helios are great , my favorites sentinels , death cube need much more power and carrier s for lazy peoples 

I don't think your djinn is working right. Enemies just tend to aimlessly wander in when it's ability kicks in for me

I see use in literally every sentinel but djinn and shade. I use carrier for my frames that need constant fuel or move very VERY fast (nekros/volt respectively). I use Helios when I want to scan annoying things while just enjoying the game at my own pace. I use Wyrm(prime) for when I want to make sure nothing with melee will touch me- ever... period. I use Diriga for long range support on my snipers and for locking down VIPs while keeping guardian handy. Djinn I tried to use but I just feel still needs some love. Shade is just straight up useless. If you want to turn invisible in this day and age you're either going to use a huras which is much more reliable and durable, naramon, arcane trickery, or just a Loki. There could be reason for it to exist if it cloaked and did it's job in a smarter way, but right now it's just pointless.

Sentinels each have their niche just like Kubrows do. If you can't see past Carrier's vacuum, then all I have to say is- that's a personal problem. I for one do not need something to go pick up everything for me on every frame because I don't mind taking the extra key presses to walk over to everything and I do so in an efficient manner and prioritize what I need- and remember where stuff like energy is for if I need it later. Frankly- I only use carrier on a frame that I don't think needs it if I'm feeling particularly lazy that day.

People call this a farm centric game. That's their OPINION. It's my opinion that I can just play the game and let stuff come to me and I don't have to go out and chase stuff to make the stuff I want. I just build what I see I can at the time if I feel like trying that thing out, and that's that.

if being lazy (and wasting Ammo / Energy - don't complain about not having enough of either if you're using Carrier) is worth more than having a Sentinel that provides Utility in Combat, that's your own stubborn choice.

the other Sentinels bring much more Utility to the table, therefore being better. you choosing to not use them is your problem, not everyone else's.
(Dethcube and Shade is a different matter - Vaporize is a good Ability but it's Cooldown is just too long, if it could be actively shortened by the Player in an interesting way like Fatal Attraction can it would be good - and Shade's Cloak just sucks, Stealth Doge is 15x better for being Stealthy)

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

Yeah for maybe a light player but a heavy player shouldn't need resources that arent rare . And if they do go farming for rare loot than carrier is a utility not a necessity.  Either way I'm more of a go big or go home and after an hour carrier goes home lol so I take chesa XD that disarm is amazing late game.

tbh a long time player need anything but rare resources, i personally got thousand neurodes, cells and sensors, but still stucked in famring nanos and plastids for dojo needs and restores crafting

1 hour ago, Pyus said:

I use Djinn w/vulklok (max fire rate)for ODD. Other than that one situation, I run carrier. Sasha kubrow conpletely bugged on me during my last mission and would not pick up any drops. 

Sahasa doesn't pick up drops.  It spawns new drops from the ground when there aren't too many enemies nearby.  Big difference.

5 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Yes? I can pick stuff up myself.

Well, ~95% of Warframe players rather play the game and do fun stuff than run around and pick up loot piece by piece. At least that's what DE's own companion usage statistics say.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

39 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

tbh a long time player need anything but rare resources, i personally got thousand neurodes, cells and sensors, but still stucked in famring nanos and plastids for dojo needs and restores crafting

I haven't farmed that stuff in months not sure what your making but only thing i ever farm now are neural sensors and nurodes lol. But my point is if your not farming everything else do you really need carrier ? 

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814