The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Valkyr's armor be nerfed?

Gordon9106

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

Her armor is fine, but the invulnerability on Hysteria needs to go.

For the individuals that my posted has triggered:

I'm not interested in having a debate on Valkyr's Hysteria. Don't waste your time.

"I'm putting my opinion on a public forum, don't bother discussing it you people that I'm assuming I've upset"

wat

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

FYI, the Vidjya Game trope Berserker has moderate Survivability, but is rewarded with survivability by Attacking Enemies, to incentivize being aggressive and Attacking as often as possible.

[...]

Now -that- is interesting. Maybe if they changed hysteria to "proc" invuln on melee kills/damage? Or maybe it could just heal on kill/damage, similar to life-stealing mods? That would add a lot more depth to valkyr's gameplay.

Edited by AntifaHooligan
Redundancy is redundant.

15 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

Wait are we having a dictionary battle? Alrighty then:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

forum

1. fo·rum
    ˈfôrəm/
    noun

1. 1.
      a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
      "it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

I exchanged my view, i think i'm adhering to the definition of a forum. Try harder.

Edited by EmptyDevil

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

"I'm putting my opinion on a public forum, don't bother discussing it you people that I'm assuming I've upset"

wat

You interpreted that in the most wrong way possible. That or you're doing it to be a satirical jerk about it. I'm allowed to post my opinion while not wanting to discuss why i feel that way.

If someone is that hung up on someone's opinion and adamant about prying an answer out of them, they should take a breather.

6 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

Now -that- is interesting. Maybe if they changed hysteria to "proc" invuln on melee kills/damage? Or maybe it could just heal on kill/damage, similar to life-stealing mods? That would add a lot more depth to valkyr's gameplay.

i mean, it already technically has a way of working this way, using Hysteria like a glorified Life Strike... does fill that.

ofcourse, it would be nice for the theme to be stronger. i could see a myriad of things helping, from Damage Reduction for every Enemy that's within like, 10m or something, to innately getting say 0.5% Health on performing any Finisher.
probably better ideas to come up with but hey, i only spent a few seconds on it.

11 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

@EmptyDevil you're literally throwing bait in the water and complaining about fish biting on it. Just stop replying to this thread, it's not like anyone is forcing you to. This ~debate~ was going pretty well until now, without any sort of fight. ;w;

My intention was to reply to the OP about Valkyr not needing her armor touched. I also expressed that her Hysteria invulnerability needed to be changed if anything were to get nerfed. 

Valkyr having high armor is perfectly fine. It didn't feel right for me to not say Hysteria needs a revisit. The more i get these toxic-whiny responses, the more i feel the need to type out every possible Valkyr change I've state in the past threads. It usually leads to people being toxic anyway, so i said i'm not interested in debating it.

I just love how valkyr threads get so much attention while actual useful threads get none. 2 hours ago and already 4 pages. :thumbup: 

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Her armor is fine, but the invulnerability on Hysteria needs to go.

For the individuals that my posted has triggered:

I'm not interested in having a debate on Valkyr's Hysteria. Don't waste your time.

Then don't mention it.

2 hours ago, Gordon9106 said:

600 armor for a beserk frame,it is still too high. At least reduce it by 50 or a hundred.

It is your opinion. And your opinion is wrong.

Edited by IceColdHawk

We could u know always make valkyr tankier....

1st power rip line gives a slight 15% increase to health/shield/Armor for every enemy hit....Infested health boost/corpus shield boost/grineer armor boost like yep I am taking this making this warframe not just a press 4 warframe whose only true viability is on is 4

2nd power and 3rd power during animation 15% damage taken gets reflected back at the enemy allowing it to give support without the need to just go into the 4th

4th power is fine as it is may be god mode but I don't own a valkyr to care for it

Edited by Leavith

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Imo inaros' and valkyr's armor should be swapped...

Valkyr has an immortalitah key (and lifesteal) while inaros just has... health point & heal.

yes. im playing as inarus and im invincible. 3900 health, (thats not even the highest amount of health i can have, my vitality still has 3 more upgrades it can get, and i dont have any of the other heath increasing mods but i will, xD i will one day) with a melee that one hits in t4 survival around 35 minutes in. although sometimes my health gets low, but i just devour and heal, so i dont die, and when i forget or the occasional time that i do not have energy(from not killing enemies fast enough or not picking up eneergy drops) i die, and then, yes then i just revive myself. xD but i agree, valkyr should not be nerfed in any way, nerf is like what a cuss word is to teachers. i hate stuff getting nerfed. xD its like omg.. i spent days/weeks/months/years upgrading and modding and forma-ing, and put catylist on this shiz and now its nerfed so its worthless.  i play him, because he is severely op

Edited by M4d0nyx

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

i mean, it already technically has a way of working this way, using Hysteria like a glorified Life Strike... does fill that.

ofcourse, it would be nice for the theme to be stronger. i could see a myriad of things helping, from Damage Reduction for every Enemy that's within like, 10m or something, to innately getting say 0.5% Health on performing any Finisher.
probably better ideas to come up with but hey, i only spent a few seconds on it.

Yeah the life strike effect is there, but you only really use it on the first seconds of hysteria, since the invulnerability you get for the duration pretty much makes it irrelevant. (unless you just use hysteria as a quick way to regain HP and then go back to regular weapons).
What they could do is remove the invulnerability, make that life-stealing really strong and maybe throw in a passive bonus to survivability per nearby enemy like you mentioned. That would really force valkyr to stay on the fray for Hysteria to be effective, and we would still be sort of invulnerable but it would require more active gameplay.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

I'm allowed to share my opinion on the forums like everyone else - try not letting it affect you so much instead.

The only reason you've mentioned it was to trigger people. You purposedly have written down: "For the individuals that my post has triggered". You knew it would trigger people yet you refuse to have a debate even when starting it? Sorry but that was completely unnecessary. Anyway, just wanted to point these things out. Don't wanna debate with you either.

Just now, Leavith said:

so did anyone wonder why the OP never commented after is 1st comment he might have light I said been talking about pvp not pve valkyr

He might have been trolling for all we know. If he was, then he was 100% successful because managed to squeeze out a good amount of toxicity in just 20 words.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

He might have been trolling for all we know. If he was, then he was 100% successful because managed to squeeze out a good amount of toxicity in just 20 words.

Nope nvm he was not referring to pvp because he did give a number 600 armor if I am not mistaken valkyr armor rating in pvp is not 600

Edited by Leavith

If an't broke don't fix it.

I think people just wants Guild Wars 2 Combat Machanics because clearly people like getting washed out in a squad which is fun to them. Not me I hate losing in a Squad I want to be able to have some sort of way to survive if others are downed so I do my job to revive them.

If mass hp, Invul, and Massive Health Restore (Healing) a problem beacuse of the Holy Trinity (No pun intended) in Warframe is to much then I think they just want Warframe to copy Guild Wars 2 beacuse your not god mode in GW2 theres no way you can survive just about everything the only exception is the Reaper Elite Epec in GW2 which is only accessable by level 80 and spending a huge amount of points to unlock it (Oh forgot you have to also unlock all other things in the Speclization tree to unlock the Elite Spec in GW2)

Don't want op stuff? Get rid of the mods that gives ppl god mode like effect and cut Trinity's Blessing heals in half, and any other things that makes something unable to die if thats what they expect to have, Want a Total Squad Wipe out? Suggest it so we can get steamrolled by a platoon of enemies with no chances of getting back on are feet.

If a Warframe is not made to make us a Super Hero and we should be as fraile as a normal human being then there is something wrong with the picture, Vary wrong.

Edited by UltimateGrenninja