The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Valkyr's armor be nerfed?

Gordon9106

5 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Chroma doesn't have exalted blade, now does he? (still makes chroma obsolete if there's an excal in the squad).

Spoiler

DDM0TJI.jpg

No, no banshee included. And this picture is a bit old so not even the new crit mods nor power drift mod.

6 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

5 second long stun is short? Didn't know.

If you come from LoL, then no. But this is warframe so yes. You use maim to stack dmg and release the nuke, not to cc the enemies. Frost, Mirage, Vauban, Rhino, Excal, Inaros, Ivara, Equinox Rest, Nekros and i probably forgot some, anyway, THOSE are CC.

I think you got a wrong perspective of warframe. Sorry but it really sounds like that.

A better idea would be that the older frames get an across the board armor buff so they won't have a laughable amount. Maybe the minimum armor would be triple digits for frames like Nyx and Excal but squishy frames like Nova and Loki would still have a significantly less amount.

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DDM0TJI.jpg

No, no banshee included. And this picture is a bit old so not even the new crit mods nor power drift mod.

If you come from LoL, then no. But this is warframe so yes. You use maim to stack dmg and release the nuke, not to cc the enemies. Frost, Mirage, Vauban, Rhino, Excal, Inaros, Ivara, Equinox Rest, Nekros and i probably forgot some, anyway, THOSE are CC.

I think you got a wrong perspective of warframe. Sorry but it really sounds like that.

Oh yeah. I forgot some people run ice chroma vex armor OP build. I actually forgot that even exists. I guess OP can't make OP obsolete, my bad.

Those are CC yes. Longer CC. Maim still has CC. CC is CC no matter how short it is.

3 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Oh yeah. I forgot some people run ice chroma vex armor OP build. I actually forgot that even exists. I guess OP can't make OP obsolete, my bad.

Those are CC yes. Longer CC. Maim still has CC. CC is CC no matter how short it is.

Just like you forgot that shield polarize is WAY more than only magnetic proc or shield disruption aura.

I'd suggest you try frames out a bit more. Play with them, experiment with them. Try out different builds. Maybe you see more potential than you have ever found out.

Ps: About that ice chroma thing, uhm, i was using heat chroma in that pic ^^

5 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

I love how everybody just throws around the term 'overpowered' without providing even a single sentence explaining what is overpowered about it.

Sure, I'll bite, what's OP about Ice Chroma running Vex and Ward?

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Just like you forgot that shield polarize is WAY more than only magnetic proc or shield disruption aura.

I'd suggest you try frames out a bit more. Play with them, experiment with them. Try out different builds. Maybe you see more potential than you have ever found out.

Ps: About that ice chroma thing, uhm, i was using heat chroma in that pic ^^

I've played with and messed with every frame but Inaros and Nezha- both of which I only just finally managed to get my hands on. I know shield polarize blows people up- especially at high level. My point is corpus are squish to begin with- if you get rid of their shields with anything killing them is easy anyways. And regardless it's still only functional on two factions- one, if you want to be accurate.

Heat Chroma wasn't OP. I'm sad DE nerfed him. Vex armor overall can accomplish that, I just assumed ice chroma since usually that's the one I see putting out those numbers with weapons. What weapon were you using? Tonkor or something?

8 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

IWhat weapon were you using? Tonkor or something?

Maybe. Maybe i was using the Grate Prime.

Sorry but you can check all the answers in the picture. Though if i remember correctly, there was a nova with us.

8 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Heat Chroma wasn't OP. I'm sad DE nerfed him. Vex armor overall can accomplish that, I just assumed ice chroma since usually that's the one I see putting out those numbers with weapons. What weapon were you using? Tonkor or something?

It really seems like you haven't played chroma enough. Really. Otherwise you would know that the damage numbers have nothing to do with the element. Only 1, 2 and 4 do. Vex Armor is always the same. Ice Chroma only gives you armor on elemental ward while heat gives you health.

Edit: Holy damn i'm done for now. This can't be called derail anymore lol.

Edited by IceColdHawk

26 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

I love how everybody just throws around the term 'overpowered' without providing even a single sentence explaining what is overpowered about it.

Sure, I'll bite, what's OP about Ice Chroma running Vex and Ward?

Never dies. Ever. Really- these skills that do this stuff (Inaros has the same general heavy armor buff/defense ability) aren't OP by themselves, what makes them OP in the end is the rage/life steal combos. Until energy/health regain mods/abilities/etc are reworked/tweaked in a way that doesn't make getting health and energy back in infinite amounts a total joke- and prevent them from being used together in a way that creates MORE rather than slowly draining over time even when you combo them- it's going to be OP.

Ofc in that specific image I was referring more to vex armor and it's insane damage buffs- that IMO should be decided by weapon class and not just a generic % buff.

5 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Except for that firstly- he's a tank, not a berserker. A berserker isn't supposed to be able to stand up to a ton of damage without stealing any back, Inaros can do that. He's a tank. Secondly- everyone knows he's OP. Idk how he'll get change but I'm sure he will be at some point. He's definitely lower on the list of priority reworks though. *looks at exalted blade*

really not the bloody point. the point is Valkyr being 'unkillable' is nether note worthy, nor unque to her, and the fact people are still whining about her, and her alone strikes me as painfully ignorant of the other frames and how broken some of then actually are.

and really, tank? have you even looked at his kit? it's all CC, all of it. he's a Crowd Control frame, not a tank.

Wow, 8 pages from the OP making one stupid comment. He didn't even have to post again. This whole thing is just a mess of people arguing with eachother and a lot of it isn't even about Valkyr. Ugh...

Successful troll is very successful.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

23 minutes ago, LunarTemplar said:

really not the bloody point. the point is Valkyr being 'unkillable' is nether note worthy, nor unque to her, and the fact people are still whining about her, and her alone strikes me as painfully ignorant of the other frames and how broken some of then actually are.

and really, tank? have you even looked at his kit? it's all CC, all of it. he's a Crowd Control frame, not a tank.

I complain about all OP unkillable frames equally- Valkyr just hits the top of the list because I really like what she is MEANT to and COULD be- and would like to see it changed to achieve that. Just because someone mentions one thing and says it is OP doesn't mean they don't think other stuff is too- that kind of thinking is just plain ignorant m8.

Yes. i've look at his kit. He's a CC/Tank. He has CC to cover his lack of shields- but even without them he's LITERALLY unkillable. He has a coffin state on top of his insane health pool that rarely ever hits 0 if you're not standing there doing absolutely nothing like a fool.

5 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Wow, 8 pages from the OP making one stupid comment. He didn't even have to post again. This whole thing is just a mess of people arguing with eachother and a lot of it isn't even about Valkyr. Ugh...

Successful troll is very successful.

At least it was entertaining.

The armor should not be reduced at all. We worked and coordinated very hard with DE that ever since her initial release just how pitiful armor was back then. Valkyrs armor levels today represent DE's acknowledgement of their past issues regarding armor scaling with warframes. Without that acknowledgement, frames that got armor value changes like Frost and newer frames like Atlas might never have had the respectable armor levels they have today.

Hysteria is the main issue of Valkyr that needs to be addressed sooner or later. Don't veer your gaze to something that actually represented something beneficial to the state of the game.