The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On behalf of a friend: Trade Tax

Kagubies

Question

A friend of mine has come back after two years, this player was quite involved in the development of the game and has some items that not only are no longer distributed, but potentially sell for an exorbitant amount. "Exorbitant" is an understatement.

It's to the point where they would have to pay upwards of a billion credits to receive the plat. I understand that this system is in place so someone cannot simply buy their way to the top from the beginning, but at this point it's unacceptable. What are their options? I refuse to believe that the trade system can just say 'no' to genuine players who wish to trade high value items. Is there any official system to validate the trade?

8 answers to this question

It's not just to stop people from buying everything from nothing. It's to stop this exact scenario too. They don't need everything at once. There is no possible way that you can use everything you buy with the amount of plat you can get trading using the credits you can make in a week- in that single week. There's no issue here, other than a lack of patience.

EDIT: Another reason it exists is the following hypothetical.

Hypothetically- what if your friend's account has been hacked into- and someone decides to use that single login as an opportunity to trade all your friend's items to THEIR account, aka stealing it all. That what if is not a what if- because they can't. Why? This exact reason. Even if they try to prioritize the expensive stuff- no one is gonna have the credits to pull that off. It's a safety feature as much as it is a feature to prevent people from "P2W-ing" (or at least this game's equivalent since there really is no P2W in warframe...).

Edited by Stratego89

4 minutes ago, Kagubies said:

A friend of mine has come back after two years, this player was quite involved in the development of the game and has some items that not only are no longer distributed, but potentially sell for an exorbitant amount. "Exorbitant" is an understatement.

It's to the point where they would have to pay upwards of a billion credits to receive the plat. I understand that this system is in place so someone cannot simply buy their way to the top from the beginning, but at this point it's unacceptable. What are their options? I refuse to believe that the trade system can just say 'no' to genuine players who wish to trade high value items. Is there any official system to validate the trade?

Hello!

I'm glad to hear your friend is returning to this game :D

However this issue unfortunately is very difficult to avoid. If trade tax is not already at 0% I HIGHLY recommend it.

Trading 2k+ platinum is going to cost 1mil credits minimum on its own. Try trading in manageable chunks such as 500p but use 4 trades.

Sorry If I'm not helping.

What items does your friend wish to trade?

Using 4 trades doesn't lower the cost of trading the plat. It's 500 creds per plat. 

What are his options? Farm credits. It's not really that hard, even without a booster. Running all 3 sorties will net you about 100K and Void missions are also a good source of credits. He could also buy a credit booster if he's really desperate to get enough but honestly that's a waste IMO. 

9 hours ago, ArranJuty said:

Hello!

I'm glad to hear your friend is returning to this game :D

However this issue unfortunately is very difficult to avoid. If trade tax is not already at 0% I HIGHLY recommend it.

Trading 2k+ platinum is going to cost 1mil credits minimum on its own. Try trading in manageable chunks such as 500p but use 4 trades.

Sorry If I'm not helping.

What items does your friend wish to trade?

Thank you for helping everyone. It's not an easy situation.

I guess I can tell. They own Primed Chamber, people buying anywhere from 20k to 35k platinum. If someone trustworthy could be found, then a Bank system could be made, where my friend would get any marketplace item gifted to them on command and a record of how much they're owed could be kept. This would require someone that they trust without fail, and I don't think there's anyone like that after two years of inactivity.

Edited by Kagubies

That's what I've thought - primed chamber or excal prime but even excal doesn't sell that high, once I've saw it on market, just once, 4K plat, i could have bought it but tbh it's too much to pay just for nice swag skin and bit more stats. 

I never understood why ppl are willing to pay THAT much for chamber, it can be effectively used only on vectis afaik, turning it into pretty badass weapon ... but it's still just  a darn sniper. There are weapons more efficient and more powerful then this in any case. 30K plat for just one good sniper? But I guess that there are ppl that already have everything, plus thousands and thousands of plat extra. For them this can be ultimate crown achievement. Sort of.