The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime vs. Bo Prime

Ryoushin

Question

10 answers to this question

Orthos Prime + primed reach is an amazing combo. Its a very average weapon, good damage, ok crit, ok status but it's reach is so good and makes up for the mediocre stats. Yes you'll hit for less then other melee weapons, but you'll hit 10x the amount of enemies to compensate. Orthos prime with primed reach has absurd reach.

Well, past the whole Nekros deals, Orthos is still better for a simple reason; Slash Damage. Dealing more damage against flesh, it tears down enemies pretty fast. While one could argue that the Impact damage would destroy shields faster and that Toxin Damage bypasses shields altogether, I find Orthos to be way more my style. Besides, it's a metal rod with two swords mounted on it. Coolness factor gives the victory to the spinning blades of doom.

For farming you will definitely prefer slashing weapons/anything that cuts dead bodies in two or more pieces, in this case Orthos P. which also has insane range.

Personally my choice is flux rifle+orthos P, in low to mid levels the flux will cut thru everything like a hot knife on butter.

1 hour ago, SpryCrow said:

Orthos Prime for slash / range attack.

Bo Prime for impact / status build.

Just pick for different situation.

Pretty much this. The only thing I can add is that the Bo Prime is impact damage so, if you want to build for status, something like a Serro might be better.

1 hour ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Pretty much this. The only thing I can add is that the Bo Prime is impact damage so, if you want to build for status, something like a Serro might be better.

Thanks for the tips you and the rest of the remaining guys!