[DE]Danielle

March 11 - 14th: DDoS, Recovery, and Next Steps.

first :D , THANKS ALOT DE.

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS
  • Upvote 12

Thanks!

On a side note, I want to point it out that DDOS attack was so effective because these servers are not high-load servers. They merely authentication, utility (armory, market and foundry) and world state feed servers. They are low-load servers. If we actually had dedicated servers they would be not affected by DDOS as much, even if we had progress-tracking servers of other high-traffic servers, DDOS attack would be much less effective - yes there would still be some issues, but not to the point of the unplayable weekend.

Anyway, thanks for the boost refund!

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Upvote 45

Thanks for the information Danielle :)

As a question: I have Prime Accessories boosters: Will we just find the Plat equivalent to those for 3 days, or will we have our Boosters extended?

Also, great to see Baro stays one extra week and the Double Resource 4 days more. Thanks a lot for this guys, others would have just said "here you go, 24h more" and call it a day.

• Upvote 14

8 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Purchased boosters that were affected during downtime (March 11th - 13th) will be refunded with equivalent Platinum value. We will be running a script once discussions with our infrastructure partners have come to a close.

Just want to ensure that Boosters that were obtained from Prime Access going to be included in this. 

Obviously the platinum can't be 'refunded' since no platinum was used to purchase them. Will the platinum simply be added as compensation?

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the information, Danielle.

You guys do your thing, we'll be waiting patiently for further word on this topic. :)

this enplanes everything up to date since 3/10/16 or 10/3/16 (i don't get this some times ether) i was showing a friend (new player) around the game.

Thank you kindly for the update and the bonus baro+event+booster weekend coming up! And GG to the weekend warriors on the team!

Danielle, to everyone at DE, specially you and the weekend team, thank you very much for all your efforts and support!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Baro Ki’Teer will be making a reappearance with the same offerings as this past weekend.

The exact same? Urgh, as troublesome as things were I got pretty much all the stuff I wanted. The 120% mods are grossly overrated and really only work and a very small group of weapons. Smaller than people think*  I certainly hope this doesn't mean some change to his next spawn time. God damn I need some Stalker Beacons so I can give Inaros a kickass scythe.

*people don't take into account I.P.S. weaknesses only go up to 50% while element weaknesses go to 75% when they calculate if a 120% I.P.S. mod is worth it. A weapon has to be 88% or more of one type not 75-80%.

Edited by Vulture051
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Terrorist939 said:

I really hope that those basement dwellers get what they deserve.

They will... We Tenno are a tenacious bunch.

They won't elude us for much longer.

• Upvote 8

I appreciate the opportunity to be able to do things that we might have missed but what about the hassle and frustration. I played several infestation missions over and over to only have it crash at the evacuation screen and then never get credit. This isn't all about "give me give me" but it wasn't just a lost chance to play, for many of us we essentially wasted time running missions for nothing. I'll keep playing whether you do anything or not but thought you might want to take that into consideration. 

Again thank you for giving us a chance to get what was missed and thanks for your hard work. Basement dwelling adult children with above average computer skills can be such brats and difficult to manage. wahhh... I'm not loved... wahh look at me make other people's lives frustrating too.

During Sunday's continued attacks, I was able to finish a mission. It would log me out once I loaded in the Liset. After the re-log, my progress was saved!

Thanks for all your hard work DE!!

( On a side note, it was nice having a relay all to myself. I never noticed how echoey it was in them :p )

• Upvote 1

inb4 game gets ddosed again for slash set coming on friday

21 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Purchased boosters that were affected during downtime (March 11th - 13th) will be refunded with equivalent Platinum value. We will be running a script once discussions with our infrastructure partners have come to a close..

And prime access boosters ???

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Meliorism said:

inb4 game gets ddosed again for slash set coming on friday

Hopefully the steps they took to defend their servers from future attacks will hinder any more strikes.

That would be a cool game mode for Warframe though: (Server Defense) :D

A band of four Tenno could be defending the Servers from waves upon waves of these Cephalon looking things... they would be all colored black, and they would be shouting random crap because in the end, that's what a DDoS attack is. 

Upon mission completion, we get a nifty little badge for our efforts in stifling the basement dwelling hacker group known as... VAY HEK!

LoL

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Upvote 9