Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIRST PERSON MODE? MAYBE?

(XBOX)XenoSyncXD

Question

I believe that their should be a first person mode because first of all everything becomes a zillion times better when its in first person. Imagine absolutely shredding infected behind a some dual daggers and doing those sick combos all in first person or fighting off by the skin of you teeth blocking and fighting off for your life or doing that slo-mo thingy over a bunch of enemies down below you in a canyon, just spray'n and praying. Warframe will grow a lot, that is already there, but to be looking right at stalker while trading slashes of you sword the epicness is unresistable in advertisement. I'm not saying get rid of 3rd person just make first person an option. The second reason is people who aren't use to 3rd person can have that option to. Epic scenes + less learning curve= amazing game. The rest of the game is there just that mechanic!

A first person camera would bypass all the things considered 'cool' in warframe. You can't rotate the camera to match what the frame is actually doing, cause you'd make everyone sick. Track the frames head movement:
Tonfa.gif
The user is subjected to multiple instances where the animation has flung the camera around out of the users control. 

If you acknowledge that it's infeasible then you agree with my first statement about it bypassing a lot of what makes warframe 'cool' as the only compromise is to keep the camera static. What you are left with is a pretty generic FPS, with mechanics that are hard to pull off thanks to an atrocious field of view.

In short, it's never going to do itself justice. The Devs know this, and have said previously that they wont do it.

I see what you're going for and I appreciate your enthusiasm OP, but first person mode is very very very unlikely. DE has said "No" numerous times before because it would not be simple to implement and honestly wouldn't work with a lot of the current game design.

One of the issues with the game is that it is very mobility based, third person helps with that as it allows you to better position your warframe and preform more accurate jumps as a result. Also third person allows you to look around corners, which allows you to see where an enemy is even if you do not have a radar mod equiped. Also if first person was added, that would require now animations as they would have to change abilities so they do not obscure vision, add aiming recticles to each and every gun etc. In the end, it just comes down to fixing something which was never broke in the first place. Third person is very easy to pick up, usually taking only half a hour max from my observations whenever my friends jump over for the first time to Warframe. Of course it may variate for others, but usually the harder aspect to learn in the game if anything would be melee.

17 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It was already asked countless times, devs already said no.

End of the topic =/

Well it's still a good idea to have an FPS option in the dojo / relays / Orbiter, they should think about it.

People only think of an FPS while doing "missions" but i wish there was an fps view just to appreciate the environent :l

3 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I'd love to play in first person mode, it would bring in so much immersion, like when you are spinning around and bullet jumping you actually get to feel dizzy and sick. 

when i bullet jump on pvp i don't even see where i am shooting and most of the time when there is a wall or something behind me that is the same problem, they should add a new camera angle for pvp at least if they don't add an FPS view because sometimes it remind me of old games with their terrible camera angles.

no, why, so you can see the world form chest angle while you do less amazing animations and see less detail of your character, while aslo having no clue whats behind you?

honestly third person offers more benefits than first person, you can still see and aim clearly, you don't put up with nausea, you get to whats around you as it happens its less likely for something to "sneak" up on you, and finally you get to see more fantastic animations than just your arms flailing in front of you or a gun moving up and down as you shoot it

24 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Why do people love First Person points of view where they don't belong? Even games like Skyrim are mainly garbage in FP.

And that's why it allows you to switch between both perspectives. I personally enjoy using third-person for exploration and first-person for combat.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Removed PSA tag. Please reserve the use of this tag for the forum staff only.

I keep seeing this happen.  Out of curiosity, if these tags are meant to be used by mods/staff only, then why are they even available to normal forum members?

dear Lotus no. here's why:

1 hour ago, (XB1)minermikeb XD said:

everything becomes a zillion times better when its in first person.

no. no it doesn't. better is a completely subjective word, please don't use it as if it is fact. and Warframe is an incredibly fast-paced game compared to your average FPS. how long does it take four guys in COD to kill a hundred enemies? probably 10-15 minutes, moving cover to cover. in Warframe, we can slaughter a hundred enemies in a few minutes, using void powers and Parkour alone, and we have guns on top of that. combat is quick, and it would be nauseating as hell trying to parkour, melee combo, and fight in First-person, and we often switch quickly between moving and attacking and vice Versa.

GTA V has a first person mode; it's really not that great. sure, you can see every detail and such, but if you combat roll, or get ragdolled by something, you have no clue what's going on, or which way is up. I'm fine with being able to see my frame thanks, it ensures I don't have to go AFK and vomit every 5 minutes.

I, for one, would appreciate a seamless switch to first person when wall clinging.  Half the time I feel I'm taking a blind jump because my Warframe (or sometimes, the wall itself) is almost entirely obscuring my vision.  In addition, I'd like a way to quickly and easily toggle which shoulder the camera hovers behind, but that's moving waaaay into luxury territory.

Other than that, though, I can't really see when first person would be especially useful, if not outright detrimental.  Not to mention how time-consuming and difficult it would be to pull off correctly and comfortably.