The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, about those Immortal Skins.

(PSN)eximago

Ok, ok. I know we've been getting all of these deluxe skins lately, and they're truly amazing so far, but whatever happened to the Immortal Skins that never came? Sure, the deluxe skins are better overall, but every frame from Zephyr forward never received an Immortal Skin, and now it seems that the rotation and wait for alternate skins has just simply been reset for these frames, and it had been announced before that more were in the works. Besides, as much as I love all of the deluxe skins so far, I still like the original designs enough to switch back depending on my mood.

Is there anybody else hoping that we'll still see a batch of Immortal Skins for some of the newer frames at some point? Personally, I like the idea of having as many options as possible, and having an alternate skin that isn't quite so drastic is something good to have.

I don't know either, but if I have to assume things, I think it's because of the TennoGen tools on Steam. The skins there are arguably higher quality than what DE previously did. Note that I say "higher quality" but not necessarily "better." What I mean by the former is how TennoGen content changes even normal and specular maps, while Immortal skins that haven't receive a PBR treatment yet looks simply "painted on" (even some iSkins still looks like that with PBR).

That being said, I do see them making more immortal skins in the future, even if it wouldn't be surprising if they stop in favor of more complex skins, such as Deluxe skins. If they do continue the series, I think there might be a disparity in quality (higher quality) compared to the released ones we have today.

Edited by Casardis

I, personally, wish they'd continue with the Immortal skin series. I'm not a huge fan of deluxe skins, and I hate how the new TennoGen skins don't let me spend platinum I've already payed for in order to get them. Yes, I know why. I just don't like how they screw with plat versatility.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

meh, never really care for any of the skins, except for Rhino's: Palatine Rhino is AWESOME! can't wait to finally get the Avatar for him, regular Rhino is just as functional, but not as fabulous. :(

I'm a cosmetics junkie, so I like all of the skins so far. The Zephyr deluxe skin concept they showed a few devstreams ago terrifies me though. I'm really hoping there was enough outcry for them to go in another direction with that.

1 hour ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

I like the immortal skins. I love to put them on my prime frames. Mag, Rhino, Ash all look good with them. I have wanted one for Zephyr for ever. The more the better. 

I hate Ash's on Ash Prime, though I love the skin generally. Ash just needs his PBR update still, and the skin reflects that, and it just looks really weird with the PBR'd extra bits on Ash Prime.