The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Is Ok but Disappointing.. (My Solo T4 Results)

Sinister_Gold

Just now, Kybdi said:

We are making similar points.  I'm not here to cannibalize others to prove a point.  I agree, saryn is capable of DPS, but she cannot do nearly as much damage to enemies not effected by spore, thus the most beneficial way to use her would be in a tile-set that emphasizes lots of enemy clusters and choke points for Spore.  If you no longer have to argue then I suggest you set an example.

oh snap

1 minute ago, Kybdi said:

We are making similar points.  I'm not here to cannibalize others to prove a point.  I agree, saryn is capable of DPS, but she cannot do nearly as much damage to enemies not effected by spore, thus the most beneficial way to use her would be in a tile-set that emphasizes lots of enemy clusters and choke points for Spore.  If you no longer have to argue then I suggest you set an example.

oh snap son!

2 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Where did you get that I think that DPS is the most important thing from in my post? seriously? My argument is that she isn't a primary DPS frame and if that's the only reason you have her in the party then you are doing it wrong. She has become a debuffer and she does have CC, just not a very hard lock down CC. But that's why there's 3 other slots in the party. She doesn't need to do everything. 

Ok I got you but in a 4 man team there are better choices for CC, It's the the worst choice but there a quite a few ahead of her.

Just now, DxAdder said:

Ok I got you but in a 4 man team there are better choices for CC, It's the the worst choice but there a quite a few ahead of her.

again not the what I was arguing against. Her CC is soft and very brief. Half the roster has a better CC than her. All I said is that she is more than pure DPS. /argument for me

13 minutes ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

Saryn is good for Draco.

I see her as a new Mesa. Turret frame that deals DPS around while being stationary.

That intense fight wow.

Best part was the random charge attacks against the wall imo. That was the key part.

Edited by IceColdHawk

My only gripe with Saryn is that she has a hard time dealing with armored units and her defensive abilities are somewhat subpar (mainly Molt and probably Miasma). She can definitely use some QoL treatments on Molt and Miasma, with the former having similar mechanics of Snowglobe, Ironskin, and Warding Halo, and the latter having guaranteed Corrosive procs.

Other than that, she's an excellent frame. She can easily cut the enemies' HP by half, making it easier for her to melt them with Toxin DoTs and her allies to sweep. She's also quite durable (not to the point of her becoming a tank but somewhere in bruiser level's of durability). She's pretty much one of mains now along side Banshee, Nova, and Ivara.

8 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I am not sure what are people's expectations of Saryn. She seems to be constantly compared to Excal for no other reason that they both got reworked. They are really not remotely the same thing, once you accept that you will see that she has a lot to offer. She is not without any draw backs but she is very playable and dare I say strong.

Because my friend, pre-rework Saryn replaced Excalibur after Radial Javelin was nerfed....... replaced him for Draco clearing.

Well that is my best guess anyway. 

(So in conclusion, people who argue back and forth about Saryn and Excalibur are Draco sitters!!) 

*gets shot*

11 hours ago, Ceryk said:

OD is easier. It follows the standard scaling rules. T4 missions have special scaling rules that are completely separate from the rest of the game.

It is important to note that all enemies in Tower IV Orokin Void deal three times more damage (300%) than normal, similar to the damage buff in Nightmare Mode.