The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Host Migration Problem Since U18.5, Game Is Now Literally Unplayable

Zerga-08

Just started getting this last night, I've tried every single fix and nothing works. I've noticed that if I verify my game files on steam, it gives me 49 files invalidated and then re-downloads 10.5gb's of data. Then it works for maybe one or two missions before giving me continuous lost connection to host errors.

Game is literally unplayable. This is bullS#&$.

Just starting to have this problem. 

Join a game - Progress normally - Couple mins later - Host Migration.

Happening EVERY game I join. try suggested solutions, didn't work. Friend account, however, can play like normal on this same setup.

Spoiler is baseless ranting (Just need to get it out of my system.)

Spoiler

Apparently from reading through all the thread about this issue, It's like DE saw these reports and go "Oh. Connectivity issue, MUST be DDoS and DDoS only. There's no way we will assume it may something else that required more effort on our part to look into. So we just gonna tell you to shut up, and don't bother with reporting. It'll pass."

In my experience, it is impossible to join secondhand-hosted matches.

Some player starts hosting a session.
A host migration occurs in that session; the session loses its original host.
I try to join the session.
I load into the session. I am briefly able to act, but other players/entities appear immobile. Then, I get a host migration message. This fails and returns me to multiplayer matchmaking.

This occurs primarily with Conclave matches, as they can be very long-lived over a series of host migrations (they never "end" but instead go from round to round).

Update 18.6 supposedly "Fixed Conclave matches formed through Host Migration not properly being joinable through matchmaking", but this has not been the case.

Related Issues:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/632456-conclave-host-migration-bug/

Edited by Knaimhe

Having the game problem. I can connect once in a while, but on whole I'm having host migration, hosting, and general connection issues. It's extremely frustrating. For the first few times my friends and I assumed it was our net connection, but after changing some settings and seeing the plethora of people with similar bugs in forums I'm starting to think otherwise. 

Does anyone knows if DE is even aware about this problem?
I can't find any information if they even know, and it has been over a month now already.
No mentions in patches, nor in fixes, DevStreams say nothing about any solution for this problem.

And game is as unplayable and frustrating as it was month ago :|

When I try to host a game, everyone gets disconnected, and whenever I join a game, it is rare that I'm ejected from it. And even with the rejoin option you guys implimented, it won't even show that. This is a reoccuring problem, not just for me as this forum clearly points out. Start fixing bugs first, then adding content. then go back, and make sure the bugs are fixed, A good game isn't just about content, it's also about the quality.

Here is what I have learned, and I hope it will help those who need it as much as I did.

Since there is no official information about anything to do with the problem, I have wrote a ticket to the Support, explaining my problem, and sending needed files.
It turns out, as update 18.5 implemented into the game a lot of new graphic changes, the problem occurs mostly for very old graphic cards, or those integrated, on-board graphic cards.
I do not have any graphic card other than integrated Intel HD, which turns out to be way under the game's minimum requirements (which I was always aware of, hence I play on lowest settings), and the game has major problems with it.

This is what I have been suggested to do, and surprisingly, it worked (quote from my ticket conversation)

If the Intel integrated graphic is the only video card installed in your laptop/PC, I would recommend disabling 64-bit mode, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 on the launcher if they aren't already. (Click the little gear in the upper right, un-check those three and hit OK)

Turns out I had DirectX10 enabled, even though I was sure I had it off for a long time, so I disabled it for good, and went to test on infamous Draco, as there is always a lot od open groups, so perfect opportunity to get host migrations. Nothing happened. Tried 6 times, nothing happened. Did Sorties on public, also no further problems.
All of those who seem to have the host problem, and those who just like I do, have on board (or old) graphic cards, try the solution above, it did work for me, and I do hope it will work for you too, at least should for some.

Good luck out there, Tenno!

This is definitly not a graphics problem. There has been issues since u 18 and now it's even worse. You can literally just play solo becasue of the constant host migrations and disconnects. Has there been any statment from the devs so far?

12 minutes ago, ThugQ said:

This is definitly not a graphics problem. There has been issues since u 18 and now it's even worse. You can literally just play solo becasue of the constant host migrations and disconnects. Has there been any statment from the devs so far?

Official like public one, I haven't found any, but I did got this info from a support when resolving my ticket.
And disabling those 3 options (64x mode, DiretctX 10 and 11) in the launcher did help for me, it is already over a week and I didn't have any problem since, so I hope at least it will help for some.
You might want to try as well, but other than that, I do not think there is any official info for that, or at least not yet.
Wish you good luck though and hope you will find a solution, I know how annoying this problem is, I had it for like 1,5 month total, and I was barely playing the game.

On 5/1/2016 at 3:41 AM, Sangoma said:

Here is what I have learned, and I hope it will help those who need it as much as I did.

Since there is no official information about anything to do with the problem, I have wrote a ticket to the Support, explaining my problem, and sending needed files.
It turns out, as update 18.5 implemented into the game a lot of new graphic changes, the problem occurs mostly for very old graphic cards, or those integrated, on-board graphic cards.
I do not have any graphic card other than integrated Intel HD, which turns out to be way under the game's minimum requirements (which I was always aware of, hence I play on lowest settings), and the game has major problems with it.

This is what I have been suggested to do, and surprisingly, it worked (quote from my ticket conversation)

Turns out I had DirectX10 enabled, even though I was sure I had it off for a long time, so I disabled it for good, and went to test on infamous Draco, as there is always a lot od open groups, so perfect opportunity to get host migrations. Nothing happened. Tried 6 times, nothing happened. Did Sorties on public, also no further problems.
All of those who seem to have the host problem, and those who just like I do, have on board (or old) graphic cards, try the solution above, it did work for me, and I do hope it will work for you too, at least should for some.

Good luck out there, Tenno!

This does seem to be working for me so far- I still load in very slow and have a lot of lag for the first 10 seconds or so after joining, but I don't get immediate host migrations anymore. 

It makes sense because I felt the problem had to do with loading in "behind" everyone else because my toaster was taking forever loading; if the way it deals with graphics changed, that could be why it's letting me join now and I'm no longer falling behind.

Just my 2 cents, I don't really know how any of this stuff works but it did work for me; it created a few additional problems but I'll take them if it lets me join squads again.