Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

·Hydroid Improvements List - Names, Visuals, Abilities & Augments

Navarc

On 3/17/2016 at 4:16 AM, Navarchus said:

An issue with Hydroids name is that it's a joke. It's a pun. All other element related warframes stick to a certain theme with their names which Hydroid did not get to follow - for some mysterious reason. Hydroids name has been disputed ever since it was announced and even then, right then and there on stream the hosts said it might change if it's so controversial - but we never got to vote for anything else.

well as it so happens, i beg to differ as there are terms that briefly relate to water:

1. A hydroid (in botany) is a type of vascular cell that occurs in certain bryophytes. In some mosses such as members of the Polytrichaceae family, hydroids form the innermost layer of cells in the stem. At maturity they are long, colourless, thin walled cells of small diameter, containing water but no living protoplasm. Collectively, hydroids function as a conducting tissue, known as the hydrome, transporting water and minerals drawn from the soil. They are surrounded by bundles of living cells known as leptoids which carry sugars and other nutrients in solution. The hydroids are analogous to the tracheids of vascular plants but there is no lignin present in the cell walls to provide structural support.[1][2]Hydroids have been found in some fossilised plants from the Rhynie chert, including Aglaophyton, where they were initially mistaken for xylem vessels.
  2. Hydroids (in zoology) are a life stage for most animals of the class Hydrozoa, small predators related to jellyfish. Some hydroids such as the freshwater Hydra are solitary, with the polyp attached directly to the substrate. When these produce buds, they become detached and grow on as new individuals.

8 minutes ago, Aquasurge said:

well as it so happens, i beg to differ as there are terms that briefly relate to water:

1. A hydroid (in botany) is a type of vascular cell that occurs in certain bryophytes. In some mosses such as members of the Polytrichaceae family, hydroids form the innermost layer of cells in the stem. At maturity they are long, colourless, thin walled cells of small diameter, containing water but no living protoplasm. Collectively, hydroids function as a conducting tissue, known as the hydrome, transporting water and minerals drawn from the soil. They are surrounded by bundles of living cells known as leptoids which carry sugars and other nutrients in solution. The hydroids are analogous to the tracheids of vascular plants but there is no lignin present in the cell walls to provide structural support.[1][2]Hydroids have been found in some fossilised plants from the Rhynie chert, including Aglaophyton, where they were initially mistaken for xylem vessels.
  2. Hydroids (in zoology) are a life stage for most animals of the class Hydrozoa, small predators related to jellyfish. Some hydroids such as the freshwater Hydra are solitary, with the polyp attached directly to the substrate. When these produce buds, they become detached and grow on as new individuals.

One is about a part of an organism and the other is about the lifestage of another organism.
That's not about water - it's about biology. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dracario said:

For tempest barrage I was thinking Hydroid aims at an area and fires a large water cannonball in the area dealing high AoE damage in the center and causes knockback in the area. It'll be increased by Range mods and Damage Mods.

As in, an augment changing it from a barrage to a cannonblast?

21 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

it's all great ideas :)

I'm really glad you like it, let me know if you think something should be added or changed.

5 hours ago, Dracario said:

Yes, exactly.

Sounds like a fun concept, could you add some more details? Would it explode on impact or just strike down those it hits? Would it fly straight or curve like an arrow does? 

Y'know that kind of thing, I don't really fully understand it so far.

41 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Sounds like a fun concept, could you add some more details? Would it explode on impact or just strike down those it hits? Would it fly straight or curve like an arrow does? 

Y'know that kind of thing, I don't really fully understand it so far.

it explodes on impact and it fly straight kinda like how Tempest Barrage already is.  I mean if you are a pirate you have to have cannon fire.

Further more i was thinking it does 1000 damage at max rank and in the center while those who aren't near the center suffer half that. It can tweaked with power strength mods. As for range i was thinking either 5-10m diameter and the center shot be around half the radius that can be tweaked by range mods. Since it's a powerful cannon ball i'd say it'd cost around 25-46 energy.

I also thought up a toggle system kinda like ivara and Vauban to where Hydroid can choose between the smaller cannon fire or a massive cannonblast.