Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

Yeah no one knows. I think it will have something to do with the Kavats quest. I don't think its just a simple small room. I think its a hallway possibly leading to your Ship. (Or anywhere that has a opening that infested can get in) & you'll have to fight off the infested with your newly acquired Kavat.

So after defeating the infested. The Kavat will keep your ship clean of the infested. (For now) Would be pretty interesting if the infested periodically attacks & kavats will destroy them. This is all just a theory. Nothing is actually confirmed.

Yes, it may be silly lorewise, but Warframe is still being developed as we play. Therefore, from development POV, we have to wait till DE implement whatever they want to implement with it.

Has it been a fully developed and released game, you point would stand.

18 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

We have yet to master the art of training Kavats, and Kavats eat infested tissue. So until we learn this masterful art we will simply ignore it and use the old saying.

Do not fix what is not broken.

Warframe. Hmmm i see funny stuff, dang i cant open this door. Oh well. Lol its soooooooooo obvious its totally ridiculous, i know its still under development, but noises would have been a better choice, Not a whole obvious outbreak and a inability to function doors

Knock Knock. Who's there? i. i who?  I not infected your ship, hehehe

Edited by (PS4)skullblits69

probably was released a little too soon,with each hotfix and update i rushed down the ramps to see if the infestation had grown, i was really hoping to hear ordis say something about it or see that door bend,something, i tried to glitch my head for a glimpse! but that collision box is way too well done xD

It's pretty awesome to have that on the ship,but probably released a little too soon and no changes over time to raise tension. But it's an awesome room reveal method, just love it

4 minutes ago, (PS4)skullblits69 said:

Infested are bodys with a infection 

Not necessarily. Infested means to inhabit or be overrun by large numbers; alternatively it may also mean to have a parasite living in or on.

In the case of fungal infestations of, say, a home... the home isn't infected because it's not alive. It IS however infested, as it's being inhabited/overrun by a large quantity of fungal growths, spores, etc.

Additionally, living organisms can be infested by something and not be infected. Take bacteria in your gut for example; you have a LOT of bacteria in your gut. Millions upon millions of them inhabiting your intestines. You are literally infested by bacteria, but you do not suffer bacterial infection from these bacteria.

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Not necessarily. Infested means to inhabit or be overrun by large numbers; alternatively it may also mean to have a parasite living in or on.

In the case of fungal infestations of, say, a home... the home isn't infected because it's not alive. It IS however infested, as it's being inhabited/overrun by a large quantity of fungal growths, spores, etc.

Additionally, living organisms can be infested by something and not be infected. Take bacteria in your gut for example; you have a LOT of bacteria in your gut. Millions upon millions of them inhabiting your intestines. You are literally infested by bacteria, but you do not suffer bacterial infection from these bacteria.

It... Hmm ..... Lol prime crowbar?

Lol, i love this game, but having something soo obvious is painful, i feel its a real, haha you guys.

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Did someone said... Fungal?

Brackenspore.jpg

Hi.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)skullblits69 said:

Bingo!! I find it super silly.   

Yea, I agree. It is kinda silly that they haven't had our Operator, Lotus, or Ordis at least mention it. That way we know they at least acknowledge it's there. :D

But, I guess we'll just have to wait till they're ready to reveal what it is, before our Operator and Ordis (especially Ordis, "Ordis is the ship"), notices it.

13 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

So in this unique case:

are we infected with the infested

Or infested with the infected?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)COGSPARTAN117 said:

Yea, I agree. It is kinda silly that they haven't had our Operator, Lotus, or Ordis at least mention it. That way we know they at least acknowledge it's there. :D

But, I guess we'll just have to wait till they're ready to reveal what it is, before our Operator and Ordis (especially Ordis, "Ordis is the ship"), notices it.

Totally agree. Its like ignoring that rash on your leg. 

100%love the game. But this is rather ridiculous, im sorry

Oh no problem. The Operator only needs to stand up and go clean it-- oh wait. They can't.

But still, without bashing the ridiculous plot, it is pretty silly that this is happening. "Oh look, infested flesh in the ship. I shall do nothing about it for about 3 months until a new plot device forces me to do something about it because clearly it's irrelevant and I enjoy having it"

okay so I was walking around my ship today and I noticed a change to my ship and wondering if anyone else has seen it.

okay I noticed quite a bit of infestation growth around one of the doors in the back of my ship anyone else notice this what you think about this and whatgspeculations do y'all have

The infested growths on the ship are for the Kavats.
Kavats are going to be implemented as new pets we can breed and incubate in our ship.
The Kavats hide in their nests made of Infested tissue and they EAT, that's right EAT Infested tissue and flesh.
The way you find Kavats is using your codex scanner on an infested map, once you find a nest, you can only see them using your codex scanner.

Once you scan them you can put its' genetic DNA into the kubrow egg and after a few days, you have your very own Kavat <3 <3 <3 <3

The segment of the ship is meant to be their quarters when the update hits. I know all of this because i've watched the dev stream discussing it and I can't wait for it to be released
DE!! I WANT MY KITTIES!!!
Ordis, the Operator and Lotus aren't being stupid or ignoring it, They're just preparing for it since Inaros came. And DE put it there to get the Kavat fans excited <3
DERebecca showed how excited she was in Devstream (Skip to : 35:12 )

Edited by ToaPhantom