Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

On 4/12/2016 at 0:10 PM, Krion112 said:

I certainly hope it's not for the Kavats, because I have no intention of getting one, and I certainly don't want infestation on my ship, unless it's somehow a means to building my own techno-organic army of flesh slaves.

It really should not be required to do this to remove the Infestation. As such, my bet is that it's not even our current Warframes, but rather it's the spare Warframes that our Operators had during the Old War. Ordis is damaged, so it's not that far fetched to believe that perhaps certain systems have been left unkempt, and one of those systems may have been the ship's original Warframe storage, which eventually allowed the Warframes to devolve back into the infectious strain of the technocyte and infested part of the ship.

I do also remember that Alad V did eventually gain a cure, so if anything I should be allowed to 'cure' my ship without a Kavat by beating up/dealing with Alad V.

Do you really want to take Salad's method of doing anything though?

13 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

either its to introduce the kitties. 

or stalker did it when he broke in. 

or it was spreading there and with Ordis being broken he could not detect it. 

I actually think it was always there, or, if it's from Warframe storage, always a possibility, but until Ordis turned on the life support when Lotus ordered him to in the second dream, the infestation wouldn't spread from the dormant Warframes. We turned life support to the lower levels for the operator, but now the dormant Warframes are... Hungry. 

Also, good lord, I just had a thought.

If they decide to go the route of rampant feral Warframes that we have to put down or something (like, Warframes are kept in check only in suspension or when the operator is controlling one), then players with more frames in storage may have a much harder fight, that would be so cool.

Edited by Gelkor

On 4/12/2016 at 4:52 PM, Gelkor said:

There's a megathread for this, but in general, yeah; I think behind that door is where we store our Warframes, and, ala the Rhino Prime Codex, the infested components of them are beginning to cause an infestation on the ship.  Kavats eat the infestation, so we are going to have to go get a Kavat in order clean/disinfect the Orbiter.

Wait a sec... the infestation turns what exactly into infested flesh? Cause, from the looks of it, it turns the ship's materials into infestation. So the infestation eats the ship and the Kavats eat the infestation. Meaning, we'll end up without a ship, but with some really fat Kavats. Greaaat.

15 hours ago, kilerskull said:

Why would Kats be such an issue on your ship? They are your pets, they wont accidently/purposly down you. So I dont get whats upsetting you. As an enemy, yes, very annoying, as a pet/on your side, whats the prob with that?

I don't like cats, and Warframe isn't helping me with that. Heck, Drahks are the dog variant, and they should do more damage. Kavats should be faster as they are, but their damage is crazy. They should be fast and weak. I cannot tell you the number of low level players I've seen struggling to kill Kavats.

Also, Kavats just seem like a novelty since we already have Kubrows that do just about everything.

It's just me though. The cat fanatics will have their way...

5 hours ago, DjaAkh said:

Wait a sec... the infestation turns what exactly into infested flesh? Cause, from the looks of it, it turns the ship's materials into infestation. So the infestation eats the ship and the Kavats eat the infestation. Meaning, we'll end up without a ship, but with some really fat Kavats. Greaaat.

real-life-garfield.jpg

17 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I actually think it was always there, or, if it's from Warframe storage, always a possibility, but until Ordis turned on the life support when Lotus ordered him to in the second dream, the infestation wouldn't spread from the dormant Warframes. We turned life support to the lower levels for the operator, but now the dormant Warframes are... Hungry. 

Also, good lord, I just had a thought.

If they decide to go the route of rampant feral Warframes that we have to put down or something (like, Warframes are kept in check only in suspension or when the operator is controlling one), then players with more frames in storage may have a much harder fight, that would be so cool.

i would be screwed because i have all the frames lol

Are you sure? I could barely see the previously rotating flywheel thingy, and the left branches on our white wiring look larger and more complex... I try to check it out every time there's an update. You never know, ne?

Edited by AandOE

I don't read up much on the lore like I should but could it be possible that Saryn Prime's release trailer could have been a teaser to what is going on with the infestation in our ships? I imagine Saryn was made to be the Earth's Prime defender against the Infestation since the narrator references "Fighting Poison with Poison.".
Maybe the next part of the second dream will allow us to learn more of the Orokin that wanted to help the Tenno as well as Saryn's orgins while delving into future plans for handling the infesteds, Earth, Hunhow, and the Stalker. Just a hunch though...