Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

52 minutes ago, Coulbauth said:

I find what looks like the infested growth anyone know why?

Dude, we've got, like, billions of nanospores and plastides (which are, in case someone doesn't know, infested materials) in cargo bay. What did you expect? It had to germinate sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...

G2IhRG8.jpg

WHAT THE HECK IS THIIIIIIISSS?!?!?!?!

They've already somehow infested the white plant things in the transference room and could possibly be invading my operator's mind!!!! D:

Why the hell haven't we done something about this already!? D:

On 6/9/2016 at 5:30 PM, Zarozian said:

G2IhRG8.jpg

WHAT THE HECK IS THIIIIIIISSS?!?!?!?!

They've already somehow infested the white plant things in the transference room and could possibly be invading my operator's mind!!!! D:

Why the hell haven't we done something about this already!? D:

Our ship was broken into and salvaged for parts, our ship cephalon a malfunctioning mess (Darvo even recommends we get a new one) and yet we still fly it around running space mom missions.

no one bats an eye

Some one forgets to wipe their shoes off after an infested exterminate, and the stuff starts growing in a corner.

The entire forums loses their minds

56 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Will ordis get crazier?

He might go Ordas. 

On 06/05/2016 at 8:10 PM, LevitatingNarwhal said:

It's related to kavats and the reason you domsticate them. They eat infested tissue as their primary food source

I hope the quest would interest. Then rather getting a Kavat. That would just seem a bit dull. I hope they would be some sort of twist to it

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Our ship was broken into and salvaged for parts, our ship cephalon a malfunctioning mess (Darvo even recommends we get a new one) and yet we still fly it around running space mom missions.

no one bats an eye

Some one forgets to wipe their shoes off after an infested exterminate, and the stuff starts growing in a corner.

The entire forums loses their minds

Here some Theory I did a while back

Okay, okay. I know 90% of the community pretty much knows that Ordis is hiding something big and he knows why, but doesn't know. If that make sense? But for those who don't, I'll do a quick run down. Cephalons are AI software created by the Orokin, but specifically who created them, we don't know. The Cephalons are designed for range of different purposes. We have Cephalon Ordis and Jordas as ship Cephalons and maintaining the ships functionality. Then we have Cephalon Simaris and Suda having their own purpose which was given to them. Again, we don't who gave them the orders. Finally, we have Conclave Cephalons - which tease the Tenno during matches. This could be just a distraction, like a test for them to make them better in real combat situations. Anyway, the Operator that lives with Cephalon Ordis. Ordis' controls the Orbiter conditions, so the Operator will be to inhabit on ship - as well mean't to keep the ship functionality to 100%

This is the Orbitor:

Pic: http://pre05.deviantart.net/9ffd/th/pre/f/2015/034/1/b/warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmbmg.jpg

GIF: http://i.imgur.com/bkKCPlF.gif

Ordis was there when the Orokin had fallen and when Tenno where put to sleep. But more importantly he remembers what happened during the Old War with the Sentients and possibly why. This can be seen with these two quotes:

"Do you remember the Old War, Operator? Ordis seems to have... misplaced those memories." - Ordis, Says It When Player Is Idle.

"The Moon... Somehow, Ordis actually remembers the last time I was here. Concern for the Operator is at critical levels." - Ordis, Second Dream Quest

These two quotes go conjunction together. Its more then likely he knows everything during the Old War and present day. Its unlikely Ordis blocked his own memory, by his own will. Cephalons are known to only take orders by certain people. This can be seen in the Guardsman synthesis lore:

"I'm Sectarus class, this ship's Cephalon listens to me exclusively" - Guardsman, Synthesis Lore

Now we know that Cephalons only listen to only a few. By the process of eliminations, it would probably the Lotus and the Operator - Ordis listens to. The Lotus has been able to give Ordis orders before. This can be seen during the Archwing Quest:

Watch it at 0:08 till 0:22

https://youtu.be/MAe39Qv2kEY?t=8s

If you watched where I told you too. You should see Ordis immediately does what Lotus demands him to do. Their might be others who are able to give him orders as well. Now we know Ordis is able to be given Orders by Lotus. She might have given Ordis a order to forgot about the Moon, so the Lotus would keep the secret from the Operator. So if Ordis gets captured, he won't be able to tell them about the Moon being in the Void or what Tenno are. Moving on.

Now am going to talk about possibility of Ordis going a Jordas on us (sorry, I had to do that). First; we have to look at a quote he says at the beginning of the game, during Vor's Prize - right after escaping:

"Operator, you have returned! I am Ordis, ship's Cephalon, a shadow of my former self. I cannot serve the Operator in such a condition. Order me to self-destruct, I will understand." - Ordis, Vor's Prize Quest

"You used to know Ordis, but you've lost those memories, haven't you?" - Cephalon Simaris, New Strange Quest

This shows Ordis is not working at his best. This can even be seen in the way he is ashamed of what he had become. Additionally, why Ordis' talks in a broken and split personality, when the player is Idle. Next we have to know what type of Cephalon is Ordis. If the Orokin work anything like our technology today. Then they would be improving the softwares and the hardwares. Moving on to the New Strange Quest, quoting:

"What is this? An antique Series-II Cephalon? All I've found were degraded beyond repair, but you're still functional. Your abilities could be of great use in my Sanctuary." - Cephalon Simaris, New Strange Quest

Cephalon Simaris was surprised when he discovered Ordis. As Simaris referred to Ordis as a "antique series-II Cephalon", by which caught my attention. Even further what Simaris had said "all I've found were degraded beyond repair, but your still functional". This made me think; is it because Ordis was dormant? Waiting for his Operator's return, which had slowed down his degrading. Now moving on to Cephalon Cordylon. Cordylon is Lotus' personal Cephalon that helps her out. Looking at one of his quotes, when Cordylon was answering a players question on "how did Jordas become part Infested". Quoting:

"To succumb to Infestation there would need to be several breached security codes, including those dedicated to disinfection, prior to gaining access to my hardware" - Cephalon Cordylon, Ask A Cephalon (Date: 22/03/2016)

This can be seen with Cephalon Jordas, as he had joined with the Infested Hive mind. This can be seen in the way he talks and having a split personality like Ordis. Quoting:

"--Yes-- No! No, please, d-do not. Contacting you was a mistake --this infestation is everywhere--"

by looking at this quote. Jordas is acting in a simailar manner like Ordis. As Ordis would say one thing, but then he would say another in more of a immature manner. I need to show two more quotes:

"Cephalon Jordas will make an excellent friend, don't you think? Ordis remembers many more Cephalon voices, but now it is only silence..." - Cephalon Ordis, Jordas Precept Quest

"I would never abandon a fellow Cephalon, but centuries adrift --have fried his-- have not been kind. I suppose all Cephalons degrade, don't they." - Cephalon Ordis, Jordas Precept Quest

These two quotes shows that there are only few "antique series-II Cephalons" remaining in the present. They would either be; degrading like Ordis, or seize to function anymore, or worse; joining the Infested Hive mind like Jordas. By looking back at Cephalon Cordylon said about requiring a degrading codes and a outdated security to have an Infestation breach, which is happening right now on the Orbiter.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BF16XhQgIds/maxresdefault.jpg

This is possibly due to the fact that we have Infested weaponries and materials need to be contained probably; to a avoid from this happening. Again, as Ordis is outdated and him not being equipped probably to handle this. At this rate; Ordis would either become part Infested like Jordas. Quoting for the last time:

"I could restore them. In time, we could reverse your decline, heal your malfunctions." - Cephalon Simaris, The New Strange Quest

So am guessing that the next quest will be with Simaris, Ordis, Lotus and the Operator. As Simaris has stated during the New Strange Quest - he would "heal your malfunctions", if Ordis joins the Sanctuary. But this is unlikely, as it would be hassle for DE to find a new voice actor for the Operator's Cephalon. So we would probably cut a deal with Simaris.

15 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

He might go Ordas. 

I hope the quest would interest. Then rather getting a Kavat. That would just seem a bit dull. I hope they would be some sort of twist to it

Here some Theory I did a while back

Okay, okay. I know 90% of the community pretty much knows that Ordis is hiding something big and he knows why, but doesn't know. If that make sense? But for those who don't, I'll do a quick run down. Cephalons are AI software created by the Orokin, but specifically who created them, we don't know. The Cephalons are designed for range of different purposes. We have Cephalon Ordis and Jordas as ship Cephalons and maintaining the ships functionality. Then we have Cephalon Simaris and Suda having their own purpose which was given to them. Again, we don't who gave them the orders. Finally, we have Conclave Cephalons - which tease the Tenno during matches. This could be just a distraction, like a test for them to make them better in real combat situations. Anyway, the Operator that lives with Cephalon Ordis. Ordis' controls the Orbiter conditions, so the Operator will be to inhabit on ship - as well mean't to keep the ship functionality to 100%

This is the Orbitor:

Pic: http://pre05.deviantart.net/9ffd/th/pre/f/2015/034/1/b/warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmbmg.jpg

GIF: http://i.imgur.com/bkKCPlF.gif

Ordis was there when the Orokin had fallen and when Tenno where put to sleep. But more importantly he remembers what happened during the Old War with the Sentients and possibly why. This can be seen with these two quotes:

"Do you remember the Old War, Operator? Ordis seems to have... misplaced those memories." - Ordis, Says It When Player Is Idle.

"The Moon... Somehow, Ordis actually remembers the last time I was here. Concern for the Operator is at critical levels." - Ordis, Second Dream Quest

These two quotes go conjunction together. Its more then likely he knows everything during the Old War and present day. Its unlikely Ordis blocked his own memory, by his own will. Cephalons are known to only take orders by certain people. This can be seen in the Guardsman synthesis lore:

"I'm Sectarus class, this ship's Cephalon listens to me exclusively" - Guardsman, Synthesis Lore

Now we know that Cephalons only listen to only a few. By the process of eliminations, it would probably the Lotus and the Operator - Ordis listens to. The Lotus has been able to give Ordis orders before. This can be seen during the Archwing Quest:

Watch it at 0:08 till 0:22

https://youtu.be/MAe39Qv2kEY?t=8s

If you watched where I told you too. You should see Ordis immediately does what Lotus demands him to do. Their might be others who are able to give him orders as well. Now we know Ordis is able to be given Orders by Lotus. She might have given Ordis a order to forgot about the Moon, so the Lotus would keep the secret from the Operator. So if Ordis gets captured, he won't be able to tell them about the Moon being in the Void or what Tenno are. Moving on.

Now am going to talk about possibility of Ordis going a Jordas on us (sorry, I had to do that). First; we have to look at a quote he says at the beginning of the game, during Vor's Prize - right after escaping:

"Operator, you have returned! I am Ordis, ship's Cephalon, a shadow of my former self. I cannot serve the Operator in such a condition. Order me to self-destruct, I will understand." - Ordis, Vor's Prize Quest

"You used to know Ordis, but you've lost those memories, haven't you?" - Cephalon Simaris, New Strange Quest

This shows Ordis is not working at his best. This can even be seen in the way he is ashamed of what he had become. Additionally, why Ordis' talks in a broken and split personality, when the player is Idle. Next we have to know what type of Cephalon is Ordis. If the Orokin work anything like our technology today. Then they would be improving the softwares and the hardwares. Moving on to the New Strange Quest, quoting:

"What is this? An antique Series-II Cephalon? All I've found were degraded beyond repair, but you're still functional. Your abilities could be of great use in my Sanctuary." - Cephalon Simaris, New Strange Quest

Cephalon Simaris was surprised when he discovered Ordis. As Simaris referred to Ordis as a "antique series-II Cephalon", by which caught my attention. Even further what Simaris had said "all I've found were degraded beyond repair, but your still functional". This made me think; is it because Ordis was dormant? Waiting for his Operator's return, which had slowed down his degrading. Now moving on to Cephalon Cordylon. Cordylon is Lotus' personal Cephalon that helps her out. Looking at one of his quotes, when Cordylon was answering a players question on "how did Jordas become part Infested". Quoting:

"To succumb to Infestation there would need to be several breached security codes, including those dedicated to disinfection, prior to gaining access to my hardware" - Cephalon Cordylon, Ask A Cephalon (Date: 22/03/2016)

This can be seen with Cephalon Jordas, as he had joined with the Infested Hive mind. This can be seen in the way he talks and having a split personality like Ordis. Quoting:

"--Yes-- No! No, please, d-do not. Contacting you was a mistake --this infestation is everywhere--"

by looking at this quote. Jordas is acting in a simailar manner like Ordis. As Ordis would say one thing, but then he would say another in more of a immature manner. I need to show two more quotes:

"Cephalon Jordas will make an excellent friend, don't you think? Ordis remembers many more Cephalon voices, but now it is only silence..." - Cephalon Ordis, Jordas Precept Quest

"I would never abandon a fellow Cephalon, but centuries adrift --have fried his-- have not been kind. I suppose all Cephalons degrade, don't they." - Cephalon Ordis, Jordas Precept Quest

These two quotes shows that there are only few "antique series-II Cephalons" remaining in the present. They would either be; degrading like Ordis, or seize to function anymore, or worse; joining the Infested Hive mind like Jordas. By looking back at Cephalon Cordylon said about requiring a degrading codes and a outdated security to have an Infestation breach, which is happening right now on the Orbiter.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BF16XhQgIds/maxresdefault.jpg

This is possibly due to the fact that we have Infested weaponries and materials need to be contained probably; to a avoid from this happening. Again, as Ordis is outdated and him not being equipped probably to handle this. At this rate; Ordis would either become part Infested like Jordas. Quoting for the last time:

"I could restore them. In time, we could reverse your decline, heal your malfunctions." - Cephalon Simaris, The New Strange Quest

So am guessing that the next quest will be with Simaris, Ordis, Lotus and the Operator. As Simaris has stated during the New Strange Quest - he would "heal your malfunctions", if Ordis joins the Sanctuary. But this is unlikely, as it would be hassle for DE to find a new voice actor for the Operator's Cephalon. So we would probably cut a deal with Simaris.

Wow. That was fast. And efficient. I want to see what your take on all of this is.

--->Does that mean the operator has a class? Were the tenno children given a class? Ordis is pretty much infactuated with us from the second he meets us. Is this just because we hold a class that he recongnizes as having authority to command him, or does he specifically remember us. 

BUT.

--->Ordis can not possibly know who we are specifically (he possibly can, via plot armor). Ordis was an accident, the Lotus was originally trying to put us on another ship, but that one got destroyed by Vor, so she has you run over to another ship. Sure, you can say that there is a chance we just happened to be on the same planet and just happened to be redirected to our loving Ordis, plot armor is a wonderful thing. But the real questions are incoming...

1) if Ordis knew who we were even though we were a random warframe, and not the actual tenno operator, does that mean he recognizes both? Or that he can sense the child through the frame? Or even that he acknowledges the Warframe separately as an operator?

2) if Ordis is actually speaking of our operator when he uses the term, and not loosely referring to the Warframe as an operator, that means he would have to recognize the Warframe the child was using the last time he saw them? (and ended up on Earth far away from an orokin void tower, even though the void seems to be able to be opened pretty much anywhere regardless of the location of things).~ It makes sense that no child had more than one frame at the time of the war, so that could help explain how Ordis recognized us.

3) If Ordis is just speaking to our Warframe then he was either specifically waiting there on earth because that was the point that opened up to that part of the void, or he was just in the right place at the right time.

But the Lotus knew that Ordis was on Earth. She didn't seem phases or surprised that he was there. In fact, she seemed only to resort to him in that situation because the new liset she was using to get you, with possibly a perfectly functioning cephalon, was destroyed.

Cephalons must not be in short supply, the Lotus has never once even mentioned a rescue mission for the cephalon that was downed by Vor. Not did it seem She was particularly keen on doing anything for Ordis until it actually turned out she needed him. Again, we go from the void (a derelict ship), to earth, and maybe the Lotus was able to locate nearby technology 

There's more, but I have to stop right now before I get too carried away

10 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Wow. That was fast. And efficient. I want to see what your take on all of this is.

--->Does that mean the operator has a class? Were the Tenno children given a class? Ordis is pretty much infatuated with us from the second he meets us. Is this just because we hold a class that he recognises as having authority to command him, or does he specifically remember us. 

Well, there isn't anything mentioning about the Operator having a class. But seeing that Ordis takes commands from the Lotus and his Operator. I would say both are either are or higher then a Sectarus class that was mentioned in the Guardsman synthesis lore. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

--->Ordis can not possibly know who we are specifically (he possibly can, via plot armor). Ordis was an accident, the Lotus was originally trying to put us on another ship, but that one got destroyed by Vor, so she has you run over to another ship. Sure, you can say that there is a chance we just happened to be on the same planet and just happened to be redirected to our loving Ordis, plot armor is a wonderful thing. But the real questions are incoming.

"Stop touching me you- what? Are my sensors deceiving me? Operator, is that you?" - Ordis, Vor's Prize

He says this as if he knows who was hacking him. He was surprised to see his Operator and top of that the tone of familiarity is was a bit strong. Plus the fact he was nearby where the Operator was. Ordis might have just been dormant till his Operator cameback. Maybe, the Lotus didn't want us waste time getting to him. To behonest what you pointed is bit of a plot hole.

Well, yes and no. His memories seem to be locked off. As several quotes from simaris, lotus and ordis himself had said he can't remember anything from the past. While he had said some random things. For example, during the second dream ordis says "The Moon... Somehow, Ordis actually remembers the last time I was here". He seems to be able to regain memories when he needs to. But the question is why he doesn't want to remember.

2) if Ordis is actually speaking of our operator when he uses the term, and not loosely referring to the Warframe as an operator, that means he would have to recognize the Warframe the child was using the last time he saw them? (and ended up on Earth far away from an orokin void tower, even though the void seems to be able to be opened pretty much anywhere regardless of the location of things).~ It makes sense that no child had more than one frame at the time of the war, so that could help explain how Ordis recognised us.

plot-holes.jpg

But the Lotus knew that Ordis was on Earth. She didn't seem phases or surprised that he was there. In fact, she seemed only to resort to him in that situation because the new liset she was using to get you, with possibly a perfectly functioning cephalon, was destroyed.

The fact that Ordis was there during the Orokin War, he knows about the Operator, true nature of Warframes but he doesn't know. We know he still knows, but yet doesn't know. If that makes sense? Seeing how the Lotus was pretty much lying to the Operator of what they are, the warframes and what she is. The fact that Ordis knew the answers frighten the Lotus. As he might have told the Operator about the Second Dream and Lotus is Natah. Making some sense on why she wanted to send another ship. Or DE just wanted to show off a cool cinematic scene.

Cephalons must not be in short supply, the Lotus has never once even mentioned a rescue mission for the cephalon that was downed by Vor. Not did it seem She was particularly keen on doing anything for Ordis until it actually turned out she needed him. Again, we go from the void (a derelict ship), to earth, and maybe the Lotus was able to locate nearby technology    

Well, yes. Cephalon are not in short demand. Seeing how there ship Cephalons like Ordis and jordas. Working Cephalon like Simaris and Suda, and conclave Cephalons (can't remember there names). What am saying that Ordis is like a rare window XP while Suda, Simaris, Spark (one of the conclave Cephalon) are Windows 20. Meaning Ordis is way out of dated. He either needs a update or just a upgrade. If you think and making no sense. Simaris refers to Ordis as a "Antique Series Cephalon Two" and Siamris said they are either rare or degraded beyond salvaging. So yah, Ordis is old and rare.

There's more, but I have to stop right now before I get too carried away

I got time to waste.

You all know how the door to the left, downstairs, is slowly getting covered by infested things and growling can be heard from the other side, right?

Well, There are two small circles on top of the door. One of them rotates and has a green light (may be affected by my interior colours), while the other is overgrown by infested stuff.

I wanted to know if the other small round thing is supposed to rotate as well, so I checked the door across the room, and - this was some weeks ago - I could swear that when I checked it, both of the round discs were rotating on the other door. I decided the other had stopped rotating at the infested door, because of the infested growth.

However - Today, I checked on the other, non-infested door again, and noticed that The Other Disc Isn't Rotating Anymore! I swear it was rotating before! On top of that, there's some slight "vapor" released every now and then (kinda like when breathing in cold air), and one of the pipes on the left side seems to be FROZEN.

What do you think about this? Has there been any previous speculation about this door? Has there been any words about it from the devs? (I can post pictures later when I get home, if it's still relevant!)

Or am I mistaken, and has it been frozen/broken for far longer? I'm fairly sure it was fine just a few weeks ago, though?

Edited by Tomppak

Ermm so yea i've been away for quite a while and decided to log back in since they posted on twitter about the big update.

When i log in i notice there's infestation spores in my liset... why is that? what have i missed and the vacume cleaner doesn't work on them.... anyone got some neat infestation spray or something?

qJLbwTd.jpg