The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

Or he could be pulling an elaborate prank:

"Open the door so I can destroy thin infestation, Ordis."

"I can't *zzt* let you do that, Dav- *zzt* Operator."

Or DEs doing something but has nothing to show for it yet and is yanking our chain.  Not to mention that practically, once the door is opened or acknowledged, it makes even less sense to let it sit around.  Aren't we theoretically unable to be infested, anyway?  Might explain the ambivalence until its actually serious. 

Also if it were Ordis himself being infested, wouldn't it be more obvious in the lander than the orbiter?  He was fused to the Liset at the start, so it seems a bit unlikely. 

Spoiler

Here's to hoping its more than an elaborate April Fools joke, too. 

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

58379434.jpg

What make you think you can kill what is inside ?

And what make you think you can actually open that door ? Maybe even ordis can't even open it.

Ive killed lephantis and the jordas golem, if its worse then they are nothing will stop it from killing the operator anyway.

About that door... Im close to my own arsenal thats full of devestating weapons, with one beeing a large railgun cabable of oneshotting asteroids and heavy armored combat robots.... 

1 minute ago, Dawn11715 said:

Ive killed lephantis and the jordas golem, if its worse then they are nothing will stop it from killing the operator anyway.

About that door... Im close to my own arsenal thats full of devestating weapons, with one beeing a large railgun cabable of oneshotting asteroids and heavy armored combat robots.... 

I'm saying "what make you think you can kill what is inside" as in "what if it's not killable".

Not that you're lacking power, but maybe it's just not "killable".

37 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

WAT?

Took me a while. 

At the door, either double jump so you're locked into the door's geometry to the right of the rib over the door and look over your left shoulder; or stand on the left side of the hall and look at the top of the door.

It does look like eyes, but infested flesh is covered in eyes, anyway. 

Time to put my sacred urn there. 

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I'm saying "what make you think you can kill what is inside" as in "what if it's not killable".

Not that you're lacking power, but maybe it's just not "killable".

maybe its throwable.

Like in possible to throw out the airlock...

Still only one way to find out.

The white crystal roots hanging from the chair looks to be losing their shine, though it might be just the new graphics messing with me. When it goes gray it seems like there could be infested flesh spreading inside the roots. I also noticed something large spinning slowly in the void fog but that might also be something that's always been there. Never really paid much attention to it before.

First time I've seen that image of the Orbiter. I hope once the door opens that we get to explore the entire right side of the ship and not just 1 room, though that might be a little too much space to fill in such short amount of time. Maybe in U20.

7 minutes ago, Lerzu said:

The white crystal roots hanging from the chair looks to be losing their shine, though it might be just the new graphics messing with me. When it goes gray it seems like there could be infested flesh spreading inside the roots. I also noticed something large spinning slowly in the void fog but that might also be something that's always been there. Never really paid much attention to it before.

First time I've seen that image of the Orbiter. I hope once the door opens that we get to explore the entire right side of the ship and not just 1 room, though that might be a little too much space to fill in such short amount of time. Maybe in U20.

try a before and after picture?

Maybe, in update 19, we'll need something more than the Kavats to defeat the Infestation in our ships. We'll have to fight fire with fire, contagion with contagion, Infestation with ... Typhus ?

(If you don't understand what I mean, look into the fan concept forum).

Also, did you see that the "atmosphere" loading screen now shows a night sky ?

Edited by Kergonan

3 hours ago, CriticalFumble said:

Aren't we theoretically unable to be infested, anyway?

The warframes aren't exactly able to be infested the traditional way maybe, but we aren't 100% sure of the Operators resistance to the disease.

(discounting Alad forcibly corrupting Mesa in the quest by Corpus means.)

so i been seeing a lot of talk about U19 and the ships as we now have a infested growing in our ships and some secret door and stuff and now we see each other ships the new navigation map rework a lot of hype about piloting our ships and a rework with the orbiter so my bet is U19 will be all about ships because one thing i always wanted is taht we dont sit in our landing craft and have the market there no the way i like to see it is that the landing craft is just a tiny ship with enough space to fit a tenno and its dog/sentinel/kavat so when we get the new orbiter i like to see a room for each feature of it because they say the orbiter is going to be huge possibly bigger than a relay or dojo so with that i like a hangar for my ship and a full navigation section to select where i go a giant foundry to make stuff a arsenal that shows all the gear i have weapons and frames and a new codex or lore room like a giant library or maybe like the orokin rooms where we see and study what we learn from the battlefield and when we see the other squad mates ships outside we see theyr ships but we are just in our orbiter navigation room and also a room for my dogs to roam free and play and a room just for ordis just like simaris room in the relay we just get a giant ordis head and we can talk with him about new quests and random stuff ordis says and more depending on DE but those are just some ideas so if u guys have something better just say it but i would really love our own personel dojo and the ability to visit each other orbiters when in a squad and fell like we have a home and not just live inside an old tiny liset that looks like a TARDIS that is bigger on the inside i want a real tenno giant space ship home

also sorry for english and i know DE might not be able to put all of this there but we can still dream and now i want a ordis room and from time to time we can turn him off for lets say we can turn him off daily and he just gets offline for about 5 hours because he still needs to be up to take care of the ship and i love ordis but i still agree that hes annoying sometimes

So, the infested noises we had on the right side of the orbiter, has developed into an infestation, with infest materiel around the door...

We've been told Kavats hunt infested (much like cats were traditionally used to control pests) so I'm wondering if this is leading into a kavat quest?