The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #71!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi are there are any plans to make unique effects on melee weapons? For example making forced procs of ips in the combos (like Destreza) some combos have over 7 attacks either none procs anything or only last move does. In this Tac Alert a lot of weapons feel weak in that regard. Thanks for your efforts to improve the game.

In a past Devstream , the devs were asked about potentially changing the sentinels in such a way that would balance out the number of players that use different sentinels (due to the overwhelming majority of players that use Carrier and Carrier Prime over any other sentinel). During that Devstream, the discussion didn’t really go anywhere because the only 2 options seemed to be either to buff the other, less-used sentinels to make them as useful as Carrier or to give all of the sentinels the Vacuum precept. Neither of these ideas went over very well and the reason the devs did not like giving every sentinel the Vacuum precept is because that is what makes Carrier “Carrier”.

Multiple threads have popped up discussing this as it is still a huge problem. There has been one idea thrown around that many players seem to really like and I would like to know if the devs would give it any consideration:

1. Give every sentinel the passive ability to Vacuum loot just as Carrier does now.

2. Alongside Carrier’s now passive Vacuum ability, Carrier would "store" excess items you pick up and then efficiently give them to you when you need them. If you have full energy, using an ability will cause Carrier to drop an energy orb on you. If you take enough damage, Carrier will drop the equivalent health orbs on you. If you reload, Carrier will give you that much ammo back.

The devs didn’t like taking away Carrier’s uniqueness and giving it to all other sentinels. Well this new idea actually fits Carrier better because it would now “carry” excess items for you.

Many players have complained that they don’t use Carrier because they don’t like being forced to waste resources that they don’t need when Carrier brings it to them. This would solve that problem as well and give Carrier a new identity as a resource efficient storage sentinel.

Most Corpus humanoids have non-functioning helmets. Only the Crewman, Detron Crewman, Prod Crewman and Corrupted Crewman have working helmets. Are there plans to give all Corpus humanoids functioning helmets?

Edited by shubelppA
Typo

Long time listener, first time caller:

1. Several streams back, Scott talked about redoing how melee stances are obtained. Any updates?

2. Even further back, Scott mentioned changing how weapons rank up (stat boosts, and the like), along with the crusade against "essential" mods. Any update on that?

As someone with improbably bad luck, both potential changes are very exciting to me.

It appears that Broken-War's crafting requirements have recently changed, but the fact that it requires two War blades would suggest that the requirements should be for War itself, not Broken-War.  Steve, you had tweeted on Dec 7 regarding Broken-War:

"@SibsonCorbin will be dropping in sorties in future"

Up until recently, the only way to build War was to use up your Broken-War, which would destroy the Catalyst on your Broken-War from the Second Dream quest.  As a result, some of us (logically) assumed that a fully built Broken-War would be added to future Sortie drop tables.  Now that Broken-War's building requirements have changed, will we be required to build a second Broken-War for the purpose of crafting of War?  If so, will Broken-War's blueprint remain confined to Stalker's painfully diluted drop table?  I've sold two Broken-War blueprints which have dropped from Stalker since U18, in the apparently-now-false assumption that a built Broken-War will drop from Sorties.  Will I need to grind for another blueprint from Stalker, or can I get a blueprint from Support?

Why is Banshee's armor still so rediculously low (15)? It's lower than many other fragile frames (Loki, Nova, etc.), and Banshee has NO abilities (barring the ~second stagger from Silence) that reliably and consistently crowd control enemies for her protection (Sounds Quake is asking to be bombarded and you can't do anything), which is why so many people view her as weak. She's incredibly strong (due to Sonar) but has absolutely no survivability, don't you think her armor should at the very least be on Vauban's level (50)? It's a pointless restraint to an already incredibly skill-dependent frame, and is definitely a stat that needs updated. 

Question? Why is there not a lock in button or something like that for defense missions?

To go into more details the lock in button I am talking about is a button that when everyone has picked a side either continue or leave, there would be an option that appears above it saying something like lock in. After everyone locks in the time is reduced a lot like goes to 2 or 3 seconds remaining. Also if under 5 seconds it automatically starts into the next round or you leave.

do you think the stalker should get a re work because my friend has been marked 23 times and yet the stalker still hasn't spawned on him. I figure this is kinda contradicts his character and sort of makes it seem like he will hunt you down whenever he feels like it which is kinda funny don't you think. I think what should be done is to make it a little more harder to get marked and make him a little more difficult. I know everytime you get marked you get a percentage increase of chance of him spawning. however the percentage thats given is very small and takes awhile before he actually spawns. I was wondering if you could increase the percentage of him spawnig and just make him a little harder and maybe make it more rare to get marked

Hello Rebecca!

Spoiler

With the reveal of what a Tenno is, is there a possibility that we could get a non-humanoid frame in the future?  For example, will we get a dog warframe or spider warframe? I know we have dog pets and soon cat pets so having dog or cat frames would be repetitious, and a spider frame would be very hard to animate all the legs, but is it a possibility? Thanks for reading!

~(@ w X)~

Hello, I have a few suggestions that would be likely beneficial for my well being:~

• Updates on:
  • Mods (changes to these have seemed like murky water atm.. :/ )
  • Combo system (addition of more combos within one mod as to induce more variety, imho)
  • Charging attack (I have not heard lately on the progress or when that may be finished :3 )
  • Dojo additions (you've had the dojo contest and that makes me curious :3c )
  • Factions (more integration with infested (mayyybe even us~? (IVE SEEN WHATS IN THE LISET GWARSH DANGIT ; W;)))
  • INVASIONS O WO
  • DARKSECTORS O WO
  • STAR CHART O WO
  • KAVATS O WO (THEY ARE IN THE GAME, SO LIKE WT-)
  • TRADING/RELAY O WO
  • CHAT O WO

Thank you for your consideration,~

N3KO