Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Hennya - Demon Warframe [New Hair Concept and Ability Tweaks]

daemonstar

Hey guys, I'm back with a new warframe idea, haha. sorry for missing all this time and I think I will update Furion if I can think of something better for him. For now this frame, I wanted it to be a demonic warframe, long ghostly hair, spooky mask and running fast with weapons and scaring the crap out of those grineers. I've also created some sort of a quest to get the warframe. Let me know what you guys think?

xGtb7b4.jpg

aLjt8X2.jpg

NsfK17c.jpg

QEX6rwt.jpg

Update 21/3/2016

- 2nd ability changed, ' Possession'

Update 18/4/2016

- Some idea for her hair, wukong got his feather thing so why not hennya. 

- Some skill tweaks ( mirror's edge damage penalty ), if you possess a humanoid enemy in their base, you can use consoles without hacking them.

Check out Eaaser's Syndicate Warframe Idea

OeN2qAz.png 

thanks Eaaser, i think it's very cute =D

====================================================================================================================================================

Featured on Prime Time 111 - Thanks Rebecca, Megan and the team for choosing my fan concept, and sorry I made some typo mistakes =D

about my username, yeah, Megan's half correct, it was actually an old game called Demonstar, I used to play it alot. And I remember a monster RTS game there's like a daemon race and I really like it so I just combined both of it together. I've been using the name ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQa01D80UXQ

Edited by daemonstar
update
  • Like 32

the blink ability seems fairly lame/derivative [edit - on 2nd thought, we have all kinds of derivative abilities already ingame, so that shouldnt rly disqualify it, but certainly giving it a unique twist to fit her theme would help flesh out her kit]

but everything else sounds pretty cool

+1 OP and great artwork =], the visuals really bring out the character behind the ideas

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

7 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

the blink ability seems fairly lame/derivative

but everything else sounds pretty cool

+1 OP and great artwork =], the visuals really bring out the character behind the ideas

haha. sorry, i guess you're right, it does seem kinda lame when you mention it, my idea was like a ghost suddenly appear behind you and attack you or something, like something you would see in movies, I think I'll change it to an attack or somesort then, backstab?

i thought the layout looked familiar and then i realized it's you!! back at it again with another amazing warframe concept lol

she's got a super interesting power dynamic... most warframes have one major energy-consuming ability, but she has three and only 150 energy to spare. 

dual redeemers sounds hot im about that

"whenever a spirit dies... a part of hyenna dies with the spirit"
:C QUE TRISTE 

the quest is interesting but it sounds like a waste of a tileset; we wouldnt have any need to go back to the mirror place aftwards right?? 

+1

1 hour ago, Eaaser said:

i thought the layout looked familiar and then i realized it's you!! back at it again with another amazing warframe concept lol

she's got a super interesting power dynamic... most warframes have one major energy-consuming ability, but she has three and only 150 energy to spare. 

dual redeemers sounds hot im about that

"whenever a spirit dies... a part of hyenna dies with the spirit"
:C QUE TRISTE 

the quest is interesting but it sounds like a waste of a tileset; we wouldnt have any need to go back to the mirror place aftwards right?? 

+1

haha. thanks for the love, her first ability will likely to drain all her energy if she wanted to deal damage over a large area

fourth ability doesn't drain per second but cost a flat amount of energy so duration mods will be useful for her

as for the tileset, maybe something can be farm there, a new resource maybe or there can be a boss after completing the quest.

21 minutes ago, daemonstar said:

haha. thanks for the love, her first ability will likely to drain all her energy if she wanted to deal damage over a large area

fourth ability doesn't drain per second but cost a flat amount of energy so duration mods will be useful for her

as for the tileset, maybe something can be farm there, a new resource maybe or there can be a boss after completing the quest.

that is true! id imagine a lot of players going from excalibur/valkyr to hennya would use her 3 until they see how effective her 1 is
id probably spam all of her abilities just to see the effects lol your art is so stunning 
*spams Reflections to create a spooky swarm*

maybe! if the mission will be repeatable, might as well make people grind for the component blueprints.
maybe DE can save resources and achieve the same style by mashing mastery rank missions + orokin moon/derelict tiles together, recoloring them, and adding some parts. it'd be best to see it made from scratch, though.

14 hours ago, daemonstar said:

haha. sorry, i guess you're right, it does seem kinda lame when you mention it, my idea was like a ghost suddenly appear behind you and attack you or something, like something you would see in movies, I think I'll change it to an attack or somesort then, backstab?

ya i figured it was a sort of ghost 'peakaboo' spook/scare atk sort of thing, but IMHO it is the least character-driven of the abilities listed, and of course it is very similar to ash's current teleport ability as well

i see that you intended it as a sort of mobility focused ability for her, but i would argue that with the current parkour setup, all frames a pretty mobile by default

not sure what i would change it too, it seems she already has quite the offensive kit, would ideally take into account some of the ghostly/mirrors aesthetic that you are going for...

on 2nd thought, i find it really difficult to remove the blink effect, and yes we already have some other blink/teleport abilities, but whatevs, we also already have a bunch of radial PBAoEs as well

ok so here's what i would suggest : 

[rename] Scare - base range 10/20/30/40m, single target teleport, can only teleport to enemy tgts, upon arrival short 1sec stun to all enemies within 2/3/4/5m, the individual tgt'd enemy is permanently blinded, if used again on a permanently blinded enemy [only works on enemies affected by Scare's perma blind, not any other forms of temporary blindness] then that enemy will also be permanently deafened ; blinded enemies will perform as per the usual, blind and deaf enemies will typically cower in fear or run aimlessly, but will atk wildly/randomly if injured

now the ability is not so much of a single tgt dmg copy version of Ash's teleport, but instead it is an extremely strong single tgt CC, that also draws from the terrifying scariness of this 'demonic' warframe, Hennya is so terrifying to behold that she can literally scare her tgt's into blindness, forever haunting their vision, and her nature/visage is so horrendous that the sounds of her screams can strip away another sense from her enemies as well, as they hear nothing but the haunting sounds of her bladed hair slicing through their minds

the augment would then be a bit simplified to reduce some of what i percieve as 'powercreep' =P : Savior - Hennya can now teleport to any allies as viable tgts, this change in tgt changes how she focused her terrible and haunting visage, thus the ability instead blinds/deafens any enemies within 2/4/6/8m for 2/4/6/8secs [base stats can be affected by mods]

i removed the healing aspect becuz the above augment already does the 'savior' aspect by providing the needed cc in a radius around any friendly unit that u teleport to, and if need be, the cc should be sufficient to raise a fallen comrade in the meantime

in this way, ive kept the blink/teleport mobility power, but restricted the available tgts based on whether the augment is used or not, and without the augment it is a unique and powerful single tgt cc, while with the augment it can also be used for quick/emergency small aoe cc around a comrade in need, and of course still retains its original function of being able to focus on a single enemy tgt [so single perma cc vs enemies and small radial temp cc if used on a friendly, if the augment is used of course]

sry dont mean to hijack yer baby here, it was your original idea of course =], just kinda got rolling on this one, definitely a neat concept, would luv to see DE get inspired and give us a frame like this, the visual aesthetic alone is really top-notch and would/could really push the model designers =]

i can see this design being featured on primetime real soon, its definitely worthy of the limelight

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Wow. Really great concept here. This would be a very cool addition to the game I think. All of he abilities seem pretty unique to hennya (blink reminds use of ash's teleport, but it has a nice twist to it). The first ability would be interesting to use as you get to hold down an ability button which would be unique. Mirrors edge would be fun to use but I imagine it being pretty difficult to implement with the new stance (which would have to change with each type of melee weapon). The ultimate does seem kind of expensive but having an army of hennya spirits would be... Something. So it's probably better that way. 

The quest really catches my eye. That would be very interesting to play through. The concept of a warframe operator trapped in a mirror, very cool. Like previously mentioned, if this was a whole new mirror land dimension tileset there should be some other purpose other than the quest (especially after putting in all the work to make the tileset change as time passes). After getting the blueprint from the quest you could have to farm for the individual parts from a boss (maybe the reflection of yourself, or one of the members if you're in a group). 

Very cool idea! Keep up the good work.