Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Hennya - Demon Warframe [New Hair Concept and Ability Tweaks]

daemonstar

On 3/17/2016 at 2:22 AM, daemonstar said:

-snip-

Wowzers! This is pretty Hekkin' cool. Strong theming, decently simple to play, nice balance. And your art is amazing. I have a couple of critiques and questions, though:

• Her 1 is cool, and so is the augment, but the augment seems very complex in comparison to the base ability. It also uses assets unique to the mod and a mechanic (creating a weapon that allies can pick up) that would have to made exclusively for it. I like it, but I couldn't see the devs making an augment in this fashion. At least not for a 1st ability. Would creating multiple instances of stationary hair-nadoes work as a simpler alternative?
  • Her 2 makes me really wish this frame were in-game already. Question, though: does the possessed enemy become an identified target by the rest of the enemies? I think it would be really cool if enemies were only aggroed to the Possessed enemy if they personally saw the Warframe possess that enemy. This would make for some really sneaky stealth play and give entertaining opportunities to surprise your foes. I imagine hiding in the shadows and latching onto a passing Lancer, walking back into a group, bursting out and then going to town with my energy swords and laser hair. Also, would this be a toggle or a duration-based ability? If the latter, could it be ended by recasting 2? If you could hop out manually, would you hop out right near the enemy or at a nearby target location? Could you hop from foe to foe at the cost of bunches of Energy?

• 2 weeks later...

I want a warframe who can controll enemies from within so much. It is really cool idea. Ghostly-looking warframe, interesting ult, not sure about two galatines, but why not?) and if enemies don`t see moving inside the body - they will not know, that it is an enemy. Use consoles, ignoring by lasers and cameras, etc. run and be "friend" for grineers until u kill some and they will see it.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks really cool, holy crap I am hoping to see a 4 armed demon appear in warframe. I remember how hyped i got over the Nova Asuri skin, becase of some extra arms :P

Should be called hAnnya, not hennya, and would be pretty cool if her passive had something to do with jealousy, something like 5% damage buff for every other female warframe or something along those lines.

• 4 weeks later...

I figured it would be yet another edgy, derivative and sorta dull idea but I'm pleasantly surprised, it would definitely be a frame I'd love to play as.

Now for some opinion points:

• She's a bit overdesigned for a base frame. You could argue the point that some ingame frames are also overdesigned by default (here's looking at you, Wukong and Zephyr) but Hennya feels more like a Deluxe/Tennogen skin out of the box. The hair being constantly active would also make her stick out badly in most situations if it's too bright. Maybe make it almost completely translucent outside of casting/bullet jumping?
  • Possession would likely be a nightmare to implement as-is unless it's really generic. The Maw in TWW was built specifically for controlling on a very specific environment and even that doesn't work 100%. Again, you could argue the jump from frame to Operator is equally jarring and it works fine, but it's for one type of creature with very specific skillsets. I'd love to take control of a Corpus Osprey and carpet bomb a whole map as revenge for back when you couldn't properly destroy their mines, however.
  • Her quest is a pretty cliché concept. That isn't a really negative point (Hey, it's a cliché because it works, right?) but it feels pretty predictable and creepypasta-y. Could work though, knowing DE.

Great work all in all, though!

Maybe after the Glass Frame they release this one, I really want this.

I love her 3rd, it would be nice if enemies wouldn't attack you while you are possessing the target, of course if an enemy were to get too close to you, your possession/cover would be "blown".

Edited by Ricardo58

2 minutes ago, Ricardo58 said:

Maybe after the Glass Frame they release this one, I really want this.

I love her 3rd, it would be nice if enemies wouldn't attack you while you are possessing the target, of course if an enemy were to get too close to you, your possession/cover would be "blown".

Doubt it, Glass frame is a female and DE doesn't release two frames that are Female-Female, same with Male-Male. I would love to see Hennya be an actual warframe into the game.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Doubt it, Glass frame is a female and DE doesn't release two frames that are Female-Female, same with Male-Male. I would love to see Hennya be an actual warframe into the game.

actually wukong nezha were released back to back and since have messed up the ratio , de stated a while back they wanted to re-balance it [rebbeca stated in an ama], so its possible hennya could be released , especially since they did start making it 

Image result for warframe concept hennya

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Yes please. Ray did start rendering her concept on a prime time and don't know if they will release her or if it was just for fun. But I'd like to see Hennya in the game for sure.

the concepts sound, they already started making her , and its well liked by the community 

why not finish it xD