Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Dojo Research - Sentinel Laboratory

Amistyrja

Suggesting for a Research lab dedicated to Sentinel upgrades.

Features

Sentinel Weapons research

Sentinel Evolution research

Sentinel-related Dojo aesthetic customization

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: Figures, numerical values and concepts in this post are fanmade ideas and are subject to change and modification to suit game balance.

* Sentinel Weaponry

See my Sentinel Arsenal suggestion at https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60471-sentinel-arsenal/
Research Sentinel armaments. Some are limited to certain Sentinels. Examples include a shotgun and flamethrower for the Wyrm, sub-machine gun for the Dethcube, heavy pistol for the Shade etc that are more specialized in different areas of combat and utility.

* Clan Sentinel Evolution
Invest large amounts of credits, Nano Spores and Plastids into biological research of Sentinels. Purchase one-time upgrades for each type of Sentinel after research. All Sentinels of clan members will benefit from evolution. Unlocking the first two evolutions of a Sentinel will enable research of the Prime Evolutions shown below.

Wyrm
Ballistic Sponge - Increase Wyrm's health by +75 and shields by +75
Advanced Crowd Dispersion(ACD) - Increase radius of Crowd Dispersion by 5m.
These evolutions will distinctly separate the Wyrm's and Dethcube's purposes, making Wyrm an offensive support-type Sentinel as compared to the Dethcube's damage-dealing role.

Shade
Haste - Add a 0.4 bonus to movement speed of Shade's master when Ghost is active
Intelligent Defense Systems(IDS) - Shade is hostile to all enemies that are aware of its master's presence.
An evolved Shade will add speed to stealth-based gameplay with faster movement and allow the Shade to assist its master more efficiently in open combat.

Dethcube
Dethray - Increase damage of Vaporize by 375 points.
Polarized Batteries - Decrease cooldown of Vaporize ability by 20%
Dethcube's upgrades enhance its role as an offensive Sentinel.

Carrier

Gravity Well - Releases a wave of gravity that slows all enemies caught in the range of Vacuum. Gravity Well also doubles Vacuum's effective range.

Condensation Cycle - Carrier increases the maximum ammunition capacity of his master's weapons by 25%, and the Energy capacity of his master's Warframe by +25.

These Evolutions give Carrier additional combat utility while carrying additional load for his master.

Djiin

-

-

Prime Evolutions
Each Sentinel has a Prime Evolution. Research of this Evolution can only be started when the first two Evolutions of a Sentinel has been unlocked. Only Sentinels that are Rank 30 will benefit from Prime Evolution.

Wyrm
Hero's Farewell(requires Ballistic Sponge and ACD) - Just before Wyrm dies, it will redirect all energy from its shield batteries to its master's Warframe, giving him/her a +100 shield bonus for the rest of the mission.

Shade
Last Word(requires Haste and IDS) - When Shade dies, it releases an intoxicating cloud that paralyzes all enemies around it. It also injects a powerful stimulant into its master to increase his/her movement speed by 10%.

Dethcube
DETHKNIGHT(requires Dethray and Polarized Batteries) - If Dethcube's health falls below 50%, it's fire rate is increased by 15% and damage is increased by 1. If Dethcube's health falls below 30%, this bonus is doubled.

Carrier

Repulse Invocation(Requires Gravity Well and Condensation Cycle) - Upon death, Carrier unleases a radial explosion of 15m range that deals 500 Armor Piercing element damage. Stacks with Self Destruct.

Djiin

-

Prime Evolutions will benefit players in more difficult and intense missions such as Endless Defense. It should be noted that the bonuses of Shade and Wyrm apply only once per mission. Reviving from the Regen module and dying again will not trigger the effects of Prime Evolution again.

* Clan Furnishings

Customization options to make the Dojo a more homey place to stay.

Sentinel Nursery
Building the Sentinel Lab will enable construction of a Sentinel Nursery. The Sentinel Nursery is a purely aesthetic Dojo addition and furniture item.

The Sentinel Nursery is a warmly-lit glass enclosure. Two baby Wyrm nymphs can be seen wiggling around a lump of Sentine-Gro pet food. A Shade larva crawls along the glass walls of the enclosure. A Dethcube core sits on a recharging pad as it awaits the construction of its tempered alloy hull.
Does not require Forma to build as this is a purely cosmetic furnishing that does not affect gameplay.

Dojo Pet
If the clan wishes to, they may engineer a Sentinel to be the Clan's pet. This pet will roam the Dojo. This procedure costs 300,000 credits, and any member of the Clan may contribute. The Sentinel can be dyed.

If the Dojo size reaches 6 rooms, they may engineer another pet. When it reaches 12 rooms, another pet may be purchased, with one last pet for when the Dojo reaches 16 rooms.

A Wyrm pet will move around, cleaning the Dojo floors will jets of air.
A Shade pet will drift lazily along the ceiling, occasionally stopping to attach itself to a pillar for a nap.
A Dethcube pet will hover along corridors playing music and emitting beeping noises.

Wyrms may coo and nudge each other affectionately.

Two Shades may attach themselves to a piece of furniture and combine their cloaking powers to turn it invisible.

Dethcubes race each other in circles, emitting holograms.

That's all I have for now.

Edited by Amistyrja

I love the idea but the main problem I see is that you said forma should not be required since it is purely cosmetic. What about dyes? They have no bonus other than cosmetic. DE has to charge for something and I would rather it be cosmetic over gameplay changing items. They have to make money somehow.

I love the idea but the main problem I see is that you said forma should not be required since it is purely cosmetic. What about dyes? They have no bonus other than cosmetic. DE has to charge for something and I would rather it be cosmetic over gameplay changing items. They have to make money somehow.

You can already dye your Sentinel in-game. Allowing free players to obtain a fish tank for their Dojo by working for it isn't going to hurt their income.

I truly love this idea, implementing multiple interchangeable weapons for sentinels I'm guessing is in the works, but making them research-able through the dojo is a great idea, upgrades etc as well is just adding more content and substance to the game, so +1 to this absolutely brilliant idea.

Thanks again for the support. I think I'm now completely out of ideas right now regarding a Sentinel Lab, except a connection to a Fanframe idea I had(which is probably a bad idea). I'll just sit tight and hope DE takes a look now.

Given the rather prevalent presence of Void Keys as rewards for defense missions, I don't think Forma will be much of a problem.

However, room costs aside, I do think this is a cool idea.  The idea of a pet Shade floating around and napping on the pillars sounds oddly adorable.

I have a question, though:  Do you reckon it would be a good idea to allow clans to have more than one pet at a time?  I imagine that some clans may be indecisive about which pet to get (if they get one), so I think that the option to obtain more than one pet at a time would remedy this issue.  Plus it would be cool to watch multiple pets interact with each other outside of the nursery.

Edited by MusicGamer

Given the rather prevalent presence of Void Keys as rewards for defense missions, I don't think Forma will be much of a problem.

Forma's not that much of a problem. But many members of a clan may have issues with using Forma for a cosmetic addition. Of course, this is referring to the Sentinel Nursery only. The Sentinel Lab will of course require Forma like all the other rooms.

I have a question, though:  Do you reckon it would be a good idea to allow clans to have more than one pet at a time?  I imagine that some clans may be indecisive about which pet to get (if they get one), so I think that the option to obtain more than one pet at a time would remedy this issue.  Plus it would be cool to watch multiple pets interact with each other outside of the nursery.

Like what I mentioned above, several clan members may have issues with spending pooled clan resources on cosmetic additions. Still, a limit of perhaps 3-5 would be fine. Dethcubes will race along corridors while flashing holograms of the Lotus symbol and their clan insignia. Wyrms will coo to each other, and Shades may work together and cloak a random piece of furniture.

Haha +1! Amistyrja, your suggestions are always so creative and brilliant =D

A boost to the Sentinel's artillery sounds great! Wyrm can finally get some love (I love Wyrm Okay? =D)

Clan Pets? That is certainly a must! The dojos are so quiet and monotonous, no 'homely' feeling.... Dethcube playing music to liven up the dojo seems like the perfect solution, not to mention adorable....

I don't mind the issue of Forma, could die for this right now! =D

Honestly quite surprised with the positive feedback so far. Knowing that the Dojo system is still in Alpha, I guess it's quite possible that Sentinel research would be a feature eventually. Thanks for the posts, here's to hoping DE will show our loyal Sentinels some love =)

+1

I Really like this idea, and it seems to add to the game in a very balanced way, maybe research mods? so you can add the mod to them instead of just upgrading them all? or having them just absorb the research. making mods seems like it would be fun, and add another balance to it. i dont think they should be precepts though, just passive as you wrote them