The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quickly dealing with chat suspensions.

Sangudo

Question

An hour or two ago, while advertising items that I was selling and buying in trade chat I had copy-pasted I received a suspension for all of the chats. I was not given a reason as to why this occurred, though I assume it was because someone that I was trading with reported and ignored me for not buying at full price as they had set me to ignore moments before it happened. I would like to know if there is a faster way than waiting for a ticket to go through as I have read that it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for it to be processed and, with Baro here, this is a critical time for me to be buying and selling. Before anyone tells me to just submit a ticket, I already have. Thanks in advance.

*Edit*

It appears that I had submitted the ticket either right before or right after the support is closed for the weekend. If there is another way to contact moderators and perhaps talk to them about what happened I would very much appreciate finding a way to do so, especially if this suspension is longer than 24 hours.

*Edit*

I'd like to bump this just once to get it some attention for anyone else that may have insight. I'm extremely strapped for time because of this and I need to stock up on Baro's mods before he leaves or I will be out my own set as well as possibly hundreds of platinum. Is there any way I can contact someone sooner rather than later to rescind the suspension as support tickets aren't dealt with on weekends? Especially if it really could be permanent.

Edited by Sangudo
Too late for support.

16 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I dunno if you can post things in trade chat passed a certain letter amount.

It usually doesn't let you post if you exceed the amount, had used it at least 3 times prior, and it only had 149 of 180 characters allowed.

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Hmm, other than that I don't see a violation or anything...

Not sure what's going on here, you may have to wait for the ticket... 

I just hope that it actually only does last 24 hours otherwise I'm out hundreds of plat.

1 minute ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

That's odd, every chat? Each suspension is specific to a single chat, if done by one of the chat moderators. This sounds to me to be more something Support had been involved in, or would require their investigation.

That's what I found strange, and yes every chat, region ,recruiting, and trading. I didn't break any rules as far as I know. I didn't receive any message on it from a moderator either.

1 hour ago, Sangudo said:

That's what I found strange, and yes every chat, region ,recruiting, and trading. I didn't break any rules as far as I know. I didn't receive any message on it from a moderator either.

Moderators are not obligated to message users when issuing kicks or bans, typically when the offense is obvious enough that we figure you should know better than to do what you did.

However, as Devoid stated, moderators cannot issue chat suspensions on every single channel at once -- if this was done, it's much more likely that Support did it. In any case, please contact them.

2 minutes ago, Vargras said:

Moderators are not obligated to message users when issuing kicks or bans, typically when the offense is obvious enough that we figure you should know better than to do what you did.

However, as Devoid stated, moderators cannot issue chat suspensions on every single channel at once -- if this was done, it's much more likely that Support did it. In any case, please contact them.

Seems you posted this as I made the edit, but as I said there it seems I missed the time for having it dealt with before the weekend. Either way can you or someone else confirm for me that they have a maximum of 24 hours? However I assume someone wrongfully reported me for one reason or another.

Just now, Sangudo said:

Seems you posted this as I made the edit, but as I said there it seems I missed the time for having it dealt with before the weekend. Either way can you or someone else confirm for me that they have a maximum of 24 hours? However I assume someone wrongfully reported me for one reason or another.

The length of a suspension depends on who issued it, really. Moderators are able to give chat suspensions lasting anywhere between 1 hour and 1 week. Suspensions issued by Support may be permanent.

Just now, Vargras said:

The length of a suspension depends on who issued it, really. Moderators are able to give chat suspensions lasting anywhere between 1 hour and 1 week. Suspensions issued by Support may be permanent.

Is the support system for that automated? Even so, it's not like I was spamming or scamming in trade. I just posted the advertisement I had every 2 or minutes. But if it was just caused by someone reporting me for some reason, isn't just one report too little to warrant one?

4 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Support isn't automated, and have patience and just wait for support to answer.

I understand that, its just that Baro is only around for about one more day and support tickets won't be dealt with for another 2 days.

Just now, Sangudo said:

I understand that, its just that Baro is only around for about one more day and support tickets won't be dealt with for another 2 days.

Then have a friend or someone to help you buy it, I'm afraid there is nothing much we can do.