Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the game is so unrewarding? It need to change.

IfritKajiTora

It wasn't always like that. There was grind, but it was reasonable. They've made an increased effort to drive people to the market to get what they want rather than through gameplay, via some really absurd grind walls, drop rates, as well as a truly shameless focus lens system that was built to vacuum money from player wallets.

They've made it unrewarding so you'll break down and buy stuff. If you don't like what they're doing, don't support them financially. I've dumped hundreds of dollars into this game because I felt they deserved the support. I don't like the direction the game has been going lately(Focus lenses, Sorties, etc), so I no longer buy anything.

Same thing with prime items. They're all buried under a mountain of grind now, so I stopped playing the void.

This isn't the same game it was. If you're insistent on getting all the latest stuff, you're going to have to shell out some cash because you are correct: The game does not want you to play it, it wants you to buy stuff. I would recommend you just play the game, for fun, with what you have and just enjoy it. This game isn't a free-to-play loot driven game anymore, it's pay-to-win.

Agree with op. Too much crap on rotation C's. Void was rewarding to play few months ago. Now I feel I just can't be arsed anymore to play them because of the useless drops on C which have an increased drop lately.

On 3/20/2016 at 10:04 AM, midnaroo said:

I own a little clan, with limited friends. I do some runs helping them obtain their parts, sometimes I already got the weapon they are looking for so I just trade them if they need 2 pieces of them making the grind bearable. I think you need to find a clan like that, that really helps you out obtaining what you want.

I do some runs for strangers sometimes. Like farming for Ivara or farming for resources. There are a few people like that out there and I think the game is more rewarding if you can find a clan like that.

More than likely he's talking the new items . As in his clan is probably also farming themy as well or have the and rather well them . 

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

Sadly I would pay to get rid of these soft caps on what you can get, some days I get enough time to work on my faction/focus but then get hit by soft caps. I didn't even realize I hit my cap until recently when on Sunday I looked and saw I got no focus for stuff I was doing.

Games with soft caps frustrate me a lot, you can draw a lot of things from them also, maybe consumers are devouring new content so quickly they need to put caps... I don't know. It just seems ridiculous to have some arbitrary number stop you from enjoying a game.

I recall one game stating it was to encourage proper (healthy) play styles, it accomplished more than that though like extending how long one must play in real time which I guess could add some sense of rarity thus value to the experiences players have with the game. But if a player was willing to engross themselves for 800 hours in warframe to accomplish something, does it matter if they do it in three weeks or three years?

In my case I just have certain days that I am available to go accomplish stuff but I'm at that point now where I'm working on focus/factions/arcanes as I'm generally modded and have the solar map completed with a plethora of good weapons, primed or otherwise, codex is coming along and now I'm getting into soft caps... so it's a bit frustrating.

To be fair though, I feel the focus cap is pretty far off, because I only reach it on days that I can devote to warframe, otherwise I never reach it.