Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think it's time Dynamic Pricing hits in-game

NightmareT12

What thread title says. When I talk about Dynamic Pricing, I mean what many of you guys might have seen in other games or even our own Prime Access packages: If you buy an item throughout the market, make the bundle decrease in price.

This is specially true for cosmetic bundles. As you guys know (or should know) a single Deluxe Skin price is 165 platinum. The rest of the items on the bundle are NOT available for separate, thus, if you want a skin but you can't afford the whole package, you might get it for 165 plat but then, if you wanted the rest of the items, you're asked to pay full price for the bundle again. What I'm asking for then, is that if you pay the 165p for the skin first, you can get the rest of the items for the Base price-skin price. Just like Prime Access.

Since Warframe and weapons are a bit more complicated due slots, potatoes, the fact you can sell the items, boosters and a long etc, they would be out of the question (at least for now), but I'm pretty sure DE could take a look at making the new Deluxe Skin bundles this way and it wouldn't mean much of a hassle.

What do you guys think?

• Like 4

On 19-3-2016 at 0:42 PM, NightmareT12 said:

What thread title says. When I talk about Dynamic Pricing, I mean what many of you guys might have seen in other games or even our own Prime Access packages: If you buy an item throughout the market, make the bundle decrease in price.

This is specially true for cosmetic bundles. As you guys know (or should know) a single Deluxe Skin price is 165 platinum. The rest of the items on the bundle are NOT available for separate, thus, if you want a skin but you can't afford the whole package, you might get it for 165 plat but then, if you wanted the rest of the items, you're asked to pay full price for the bundle again. What I'm asking for then, is that if you pay the 165p for the skin first, you can get the rest of the items for the Base price-skin price. Just like Prime Access.

Since Warframe and weapons are a bit more complicated due slots, potatoes, the fact you can sell the items, boosters and a long etc, they would be out of the question (at least for now), but I'm pretty sure DE could take a look at making the new Deluxe Skin bundles this way and it wouldn't mean much of a hassle.

What do you guys think?

I had to read this twice before I got what you meant,

Base price-skin price

the - is a minus

so Base price minus skin price

and yeah good idea, +1

• 5 years later...

There are several bundles I'll never buy, because I accidentally or chose to buy some individual part that is included in the bundle separately.  In one instance for example, I INTENDED to buy the bundle but had a bit of a brain slip and bought the individual skin instead of the bundle-  Now I'll NEVER buy that bundle and obtain those other parts.

Because there is no way in hell I'm wasting scarce plat (I'm no good at earning plat, trades are a pain even with the market, unless I have anything worth at least 30+ p per sale, which I probably do but I there is no way to convey that information without having perfect memory or going through and searching everything), on buying a bundle I already have parts of when there is no legitimate discount subtracting that price from the bundle.   And that goes doubly so for if I deign to buy plat, which I used to have 100$ saved for if I ever got a 75% discount- But I've never gotten one, in years, ffs.  Now I don't, and honestly DE these days don't have that goodwill anymore to make that feel like a comfortable purchase anyway. 

Edited by Kingsmount